• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Euro 2016.

The problem is that 4 of the 5 best teams in Europe were in the same bracket due to the horrible tournament set up. Italy played Spain, a second place team, while Portugal, a third place team got placed in the bracket that had them favorites when they should not have even been in the knock out stages.

Portugal had a tougher route to the final than France. I would take ireland, Iceland and Germany all day over Croatia, Poland and Wales (last one could have been Belgium, but like so many top teams, they didn't show up regardless of the format).

Italy isn't a top 5 team btw, they over performed. I would say 3 teams in the other side of the brackets are better on paper.

Last edited:
A final sad note for Les Bleus..

CnFHvgfXYAAxE3A.jpg:large

Heading back for a respray ?

Portugal had a tougher route to the final than France. I would take ireland, Iceland and Germany all day over Croatia, Poland and Wales
Really? You think Wales were a more formidable semifinal opponent than the reigning world champions? Pffft! :roll:

Portugal had a tougher route to the final than France. I would take ireland, Iceland and Germany all day over Croatia, Poland and Wales (last one could have been Belgium, but like so many top teams, they didn't show up regardless of the format).

Italy isn't a top 5 team btw, they over performed. I would say 3 teams in the other side of the brackets are better on paper.

Hahaha, you can't actually be serious. The fact that Italy, Spain, Germany, and France were all in the same bracket obviously allowed Portugal to advance easily. Would they have made it otherwise? Maybe, very unlikely. Also, Italy generally always performs well. They have a system, and they stick to it. They certainly have the best defense in the world. Its not even close really.

A final sad note for Les Bleus..

CnFHvgfXYAAxE3A.jpg:large

Heading back for a respray ?

To be fair, you have to make those busses ahead of time.. the Portuguese probably had one too. Just dont get drive it about :)

Wait, what? Portugal won without Ronaldo? But...but... they said they are a one man team. :confused:

One thought that is left with me after last night's game is that I can't wait to see Ronaldo as a coach.

Back
Top Bottom