• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eric Adams rips BLM, anti-cop activists after night of NYC shootings

He says, according to the article "that those who protest against police brutality should also acknowledge the scourge of gun violence." It goes on to give one quote: “The lives of these black children that are dying every night matter,” Adams said. “We can’t be hypocrites.”

On what evidence does he base his assertion that those protesting police brutality are not aware of the scourge of gun violence? It seems to me it is quite the opposite. On the other side we have those who are fine with police brutality and tolerate gun violence just fine - "the price we pay for freedom" they like to say.

He's just trying to change the subject. His billion dollar police budget and police constantly swarming the subways couldn't stop this shooting, but BLM is the problem.
Yeah this sounds like more pro frisking propaganda.

Uh oh, the libs arent gonna like him going off-script.
He's a goddamn cop, he is entirely on-script.

Big government assholes don't like it when people try to hold big government accountable.

Billions of dollars in the NYPD budget, and the police's answer to everything is just more police, and not un****ing themselves.

He didn't say BLM activists weren't aware of gun violence, he said they don't acknowledge it. And they don't. He also didn't say BLM is the problem.

Misharacterization and strawmen are clearly the hallmarks of your posts.

How would you know they were aware of it if they hadn't acknowledged it?

Please provide a link proving that BLM has never acknowledged black on black violence.

Anyone who has looked into it knows that police brutality and black on black violence are both part of our our racist criminal justice system.

It's Adam's who is dealing in strawmen.

How would you know they were aware of it if they hadn't acknowledged it?
Please provide a link proving that BLM has never acknowledged black on black violence.
Anyone who has looked into it knows that police brutality and black on black violence are both part of our our racist criminal justice system.
It's Adam's who is dealing in strawmen.
Knock yourself out.

It's "our racist criminal justice system" that causes black to shoot and kill other blacks? Do tell.

Hiscstatement is rubbish. Of course people who care about police brutality also care about gun violence..

conversely, those who don't care about police brutality have no trouble tolerating gun violence.

Knock yourself out.

It's "our racist criminal justice system" that causes black to shoot and kill other blacks? Do tell.

It's up to you to prove it, and just because it isn't spelled out in their website, which does call for strengthening black communities, doesn't mean members and chapters have not commented on it. It's a stupid thing to say.

Do tell? You should read this book:

"Leovy understands that the second terrible burden is that we — and especially the police — have grievously failed to make the community safe. We are not protecting the young men and their families. The violence has raged for generations, and we have not stopped it. The cases get short shrift — in L.A., homicide detectives couldn’t get notebooks or computers at the same time that administrative staffers at headquarters got take-home cars. Black victims too often are diminished or worse; Leovy reports something I first saw nearly 30 years ago — LAPD officers writing “NHI” on homicide incident reports: No Humans Involved. Terrified witnesses stop cooperating, and investigators, carrying huge caseloads, give up. Prosecutors eyeing their conviction rates turn away from cases in which all of those testifying have records and credibility problems.

Leovy writes eloquently of how policing in black neighborhoods today takes place in the shadow of our shameful racist history. A low-level misdemeanor arrest may be motivated by zero-tolerance ideas about crime control instead of the frank racism of the South after emancipation, when police and prosecutors deliberately criminalized whole communities to drive black men into the for-profit prison-labor system. But the result is too similar, profound and odious. The police and the law are not seen as there to help. Low-level offenses get a lot of attention; violence doesn’t. Angry communities withdraw, don’t report, don’t testify. Homicides don’t get solved; prosecutions for black-on-black killings in many such neighborhoods are in the low double digits. Police laugh when asked about clearance rates for nonfatal shootings. Victims, their families and their friends get guns and take care of things themselves.

One of the best parts of “Ghettoside” is a wonderfully apprehensible crash course in legal anthropology. This is not about America or Los Angeles or black neighborhoods, Leovy shows. It’s about law. Law is there to provide help to those who most need it; to remove from them the obligation and burden of self-protection; to say — and to mean — that when you and yours are threatened or hurt, the state will step in and protect you. Where the state does that, its machinery takes over after your son has been killed. Where it does not — whether that’s in Watts or in vendetta Sicily — you and his friends have to step up. And that way, we know, lies madness. The first gang member I ever interviewed told me 20 years ago in Boston that young men were killing each other “because they don’t believe in the law. The law don’t work, never will, in my neighborhood.” He didn’t make it to the end of the year."

It's up to you to prove it

I did. As you as you admit, no acknowledgement on their website. 1,000 blacks, close to 300 black children killed every year, year in, and year out. And not a peep from Bladk Lives Matter. They are a farce, a joke, a scam.

and just because it isn't spelled out in their website, which does call for strengthening black communities, doesn't mean members and chapters have not commented on it. It's a stupid thing to say.

Do tell? You should read this book:

"Leovy understands that the second terrible burden is that we — and especially the police — have grievously failed to make the community safe. We are not protecting the young men and their families. The violence has raged for generations, and we have not stopped it. The cases get short shrift — in L.A., homicide detectives couldn’t get notebooks or computers at the same time that administrative staffers at headquarters got take-home cars. Black victims too often are diminished or worse; Leovy reports something I first saw nearly 30 years ago — LAPD officers writing “NHI” on homicide incident reports: No Humans Involved. Terrified witnesses stop cooperating, and investigators, carrying huge caseloads, give up. Prosecutors eyeing their conviction rates turn away from cases in which all of those testifying have records and credibility problems.

Leovy writes eloquently of how policing in black neighborhoods today takes place in the shadow of our shameful racist history. A low-level misdemeanor arrest may be motivated by zero-tolerance ideas about crime control instead of the frank racism of the South after emancipation, when police and prosecutors deliberately criminalized whole communities to drive black men into the for-profit prison-labor system. But the result is too similar, profound and odious. The police and the law are not seen as there to help. Low-level offenses get a lot of attention; violence doesn’t. Angry communities withdraw, don’t report, don’t testify. Homicides don’t get solved; prosecutions for black-on-black killings in many such neighborhoods are in the low double digits. Police laugh when asked about clearance rates for nonfatal shootings. Victims, their families and their friends get guns and take care of things themselves.

One of the best parts of “Ghettoside” is a wonderfully apprehensible crash course in legal anthropology. This is not about America or Los Angeles or black neighborhoods, Leovy shows. It’s about law. Law is there to provide help to those who most need it; to remove from them the obligation and burden of self-protection; to say — and to mean — that when you and yours are threatened or hurt, the state will step in and protect you. Where the state does that, its machinery takes over after your son has been killed. Where it does not — whether that’s in Watts or in vendetta Sicily — you and his friends have to step up. And that way, we know, lies madness. The first gang member I ever interviewed told me 20 years ago in Boston that young men were killing each other “because they don’t believe in the law. The law don’t work, never will, in my neighborhood.” He didn’t make it to the end of the year."

"Stop me before I kill again?" That is your argument that the police are to blame for the black homicides? Rather ironic given that BLM supports defunding and abolishing the police - wants the police out of their neighborhoods.

New York City.

All one can do is to shake one's head -- and keep away from that horrible, horrible, horrible place.

It needs another Mayor Giuliani to clean it up.

But in 2022, the courts will not allow stop & frisk.

A shame!
You gotta wonder why Adams wanted the job of mayor in the first place.
Crime and murders on the rise.
Going against BLM.
Weak kneed NYC DA.
ACLU fighting against stop and frisk.
And now ghost guns becoming more ubiquitous.

It's a thankless job and I hope he survives.

Bottom line is he is going to get very nasty if he is the mayor fighting crime.
And Riker's Island is going to get a lot more crowded.
And race-baiting activists are going to wonder why so many more black thugs are being incarcerated.

So glad I left New York City decades ago.

Yeah I'm sure you'd have no problem with them stopping and frisking you, either, would you? What's good for the goose, and all that.
If you look suspicious in a crime-filled neighborhood then be prepared to be stopped.
The gander should be able to deal with it.
Just don't be stupid and mouth off to any cop. That's a death wish.

If you look suspicious in a crime-filled neighborhood then be prepared to be stopped.
The gander should be able to deal with it.
Just don't be stupid and mouth off to any cop. That's a death wish.
"mouthing off" is a death wish???

There are reasonable positions between the political slogans "abolish the police, ACAB" and "shut up and do what the cop says or you get what you deserve".

Anyone who has lived in a big city, particularly NYC, understands why police have value. We also understand the history of NYC police corruption, profiling, violence. Issues run deep but still there are good police officers - many of them. Cities need them. Reform and education is what is needed.

Stop the hyperbole.

"mouthing off" is a death wish???

There are reasonable positions between the political slogans "abolish the police, ACAB" and "shut up and do what the cop says or you get what you deserve".

Anyone who has lived in a big city, particularly NYC, understands why police have value. We also understand the history of NYC police corruption, profiling, violence. Issues run deep but still there are good police officers - many of them. Cities need them. Reform and education is what is needed.

Stop the hyperbole.
If the cop has a gun and can pull it out at the slightest provocation, does it not make sense to keep you mouth shut and obey the officer?
If you live in a big city and have encountered nervous and jerky police in the past, why would anyone take the chance of being a smart ass if you are stopped by the police?

Let's agree on what you wrote: "Issues run deep but still there are good police officers - many of them. Cities need them. Reform and education is what is needed".

Do you assume that liberals support any crazies on the left? If so, can I assume you support the Proud Boys and other crazies
on the right?
Do Liberals support the the terrorist group Black Lives Matter? The group that led destructive and deadly riots in many cities after the George Floyd death in 2020?
Does BLM come under the category of "other crazies"?
Or are just looked as a peaceful protest group?

Reactions: PoS
Yes, it's a tough life out there and you have to be ready to behave properly when the cops are nervous about stopping a suspect.

Maybe they should have been nervous about violating the 4th Amendment to the Constitution. I certainly would be.

Mayors "point" is seems just fine by me but Im an independent and Im not really familiar with the man
seems to me this is just a mayor that wants people to focus on a variety of things that he thinks are an issue but it also factually proves he has no clue what BLM is. So like a shit ton of people and politicians who are undeducted on a specific topic he'll have to improve his message.
I have no idea how anybody would assume this has anything to do with the "libs" though that's just stupid

What BLM (central) has become is a Buy Luxurious Mansions scam. Crimes committed by police, while a serious problem and thus deserving of serious attention, is responsible for a teeny tiny portion of black lives lost due to criminal activity. The mayor is simply stating that obvious fact.

Reactions: PoS
What BLM (central) has become is a Buy Luxurious Mansions scam.
What buildings that slap a BLM signs on them, or individual con men and hustlers do is meaningless to BLM and the BLM movement
black lives lost due to criminal activity.
Which has nothing to do with the BLM movement the same way heart attacks have nothing to do with the cancer movement.

Like I said he seems to me this is just a mayor that wants people to focus on a variety of things that he thinks are an issue
but his piss poor messaging also factually proves he has no clue what BLM is. So like a shit ton of people and politicians who are uneducated on a specific topic he'll have to improve his message and I hope he does because ALL politicians and people need to be better at messaging IMO

What BLM (central) has become is a Buy Luxurious Mansions scam. Crimes committed by police, while a serious problem and thus deserving of serious attention, is responsible for a teeny tiny portion of black lives lost due to criminal activity. The mayor is simply stating that obvious fact.

As relevant to issue as stating that Mt. Everest is the world's tallest peak.

Do Liberals support the the terrorist group Black Lives Matter? The group that led destructive and deadly riots in many cities after the George Floyd death in 2020?
Does BLM come under the category of "other crazies"?
Or are just looked as a peaceful protest group?

In the context of the case at hand, so what?

Yes, it's a tough life out there and you have to be ready to behave properly when the cops are nervous about stopping a suspect.

Really? Because they kill with virtual impunity.

Sure didn’t take long for the Eric Adams shine to wear off..

Do Liberals support the the terrorist group Black Lives Matter?
What factual terrorist group called Black Lives Matter LMAO who are they?

Its a fact that the majority of the country and civilized world supports the BLM cause and movement though.
😂🍿

As relevant to issue as stating that Mt. Everest is the world's tallest peak.

The issue being addressed by the NYC mayor is black lives being lost to criminal activity. Meanwhile, BLM calls for defunding the police.

I did. As you as you admit, no acknowledgement on their website. 1,000 blacks, close to 300 black children killed every year, year in, and year out. And not a peep from Bladk Lives Matter. They are a farce, a joke, a scam.

"Stop me before I kill again?" That is your argument that the police are to blame for the black homicides? Rather ironic given that BLM supports defunding and abolishing the police - wants the police out of their neighborhoods.

If you are honestly interested in why there is violence and murder in povery-ridden, highly segregated black ghettos, I suggest you at least read and respond to the blurb in the post you are responding to. The book itself is very insightful.

But you and Adam's are wrong. Here, on their website they acknowledge violence in the black community and support for police in the communuty:

"Blacks are disproportionally represented in urban (often crime ridden) communities. This means a significant percentage of Blacks live in fear of neighborhood crime and violence; these factors limit mobility to work, school and other activities. There is need for more and better law enforcement, not less.

We support our men and women in law enforcement who sacrifice daily to protect us."

Back
Top Bottom