• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eric Adams rips BLM, anti-cop activists after night of NYC shootings

I understand that crime went down nationally at the same time, suggesting it might have been unnecessary.
You don't believe there was any cause and effect?
I will always be skeptical if I read that crime goes down all by itself.

Uh oh, the libs might just turn on you too! ;)
It's pathetic to see you go from being a well liked published author who made a lot of thoughtful and compelling posts to a desperate keyboard commando itching to do callout threads and being upset when
your cherished "libtards" don't behave as you're convinced they have to.

Maybe get back into writing again. You sure do suck at trying to irritate liberals.
PS: BLM™ failed to set off a massive marxist appreciation campaign like they hoped.
People just wanted to march for equal rights and treatment for black folks and 95% of them didn't give two shits about Patrisse and Opal being "trained marxists" and along
the way they not only forgot the core values about being decent to black people, they also began to embezzle donations and ultimately leaving the group altogether.

But the good news is, the concept of black lives matter predates BLM by about 390 years.
You don't HAVE to agree with BLM on every issue to be genuinely supportive of racial equality and you never had to in the first place.
And Eric Adams, as little of him as I know about, seems to feel that BLM is off course. And he may just be right.
And maybe some liberals recognize that and can think for themselves.

And I bet that PISSES YOU OFF SO MUCH that you feel the need to lash out even more.
By all means please carry on, it's amusing to watch.

Some people dont seem to realize that BLM supports defunding the police in order to divert support towards community and social services support to stop this cycle of violence, especially among low-income and POC communities.
Right, some people don't.
Part of that stems from what is definitely the very worst political slogan EVER dreamed up.
Yes, I DO indeed understand what "Defund the Police" is SUPPOSED to mean, which is all the more reason WHY I say it's the worst slogan ever.
The average voter is not a political junkie and they aren't interested in studying reams of material.
They HEAR a slogan and that's the end of it.

Defund the Police SOUNDS LIKE "Get RID of POLICE".
I'll keep repeating that until everyone drops dead of old age, no matter what you say to the contrary.

If you object, it means that you too are as incapable of understanding MARKETING as the idiot who came up with that slogan. End of story.

RETHINK the POLICE
RETOOL the POLICE
FIX BROKEN POLICING
REFORM the POLICE
FIX the POLICE

----and maybe a hundred OTHER possible slogans would have HIT HOME and done enormous good.
People would have understood IMMEDIATELY.

Are you thirsty?
Here's a refreshing glass of dihydrogen monoxide!
Watch how many people back away from your beaker even though the substance in it is WATER.
That's the reason WHY "Defund the Police" is such a massive FAIL and always has been for the typical voter.
It DESERVED to fail but more importantly, if Patrisse, Alicia and Opal were polished leaders, they would have slapped the author of that slogan silly right from the start.
But they were in love with acting like MILITANT HEROES, not selling good ideas.

And America is overflowing with militancy right now when what we NEED are good IDEAS.

It's pathetic to see you go from being a well liked published author who made a lot of thoughtful and compelling posts to a desperate keyboard commando itching to do callout threads and being upset when
your cherished "libtards" don't behave as you're convinced they have to.

Maybe get back into writing again. You sure do suck at trying to irritate liberals.
PS: BLM™ failed to set off a massive marxist appreciation campaign like they hoped.
People just wanted to march for equal rights and treatment for black folks and 95% of them didn't give two shits about Patrisse and Opal being "trained marxists" and along
the way they not only forgot the core values about being decent to black people, they also began to embezzle donations and ultimately leaving the group altogether.

But the good news is, the concept of black lives matter predates BLM by about 390 years.
You don't HAVE to agree with BLM on every issue to be genuinely supportive of racial equality and you never had to in the first place.
And Eric Adams, as little of him as I know about, seems to feel that BLM is off course. And he may just be right.
And maybe some liberals recognize that and can think for themselves.

And I bet that PISSES YOU OFF SO MUCH that you feel the need to lash out even more.
By all means please carry on, it's amusing to watch.
LOL you sure sound irritated right now. BTW Im still a published author, and Im banking even more money in that field than ever before, so your personal attack is nothing but pathetic hot air, which is the only thing you do these days.

Gun-toting Superfly,
What makes you think 'stop and frisk' did not work in NYC in the 80s?
It depends on what you read. You want to defend black thugs who shoot each other in the streets because they are engaging in mutual combat as the feckless Chicago mayor said, that is up to you.
You can apologize for black on black murder all you want. It isn't going away.
And there are just too many instances of black men thinking they can run away from an armed cop and get away with it.

Edited: just not worth the points.

Last edited:
You dont know a damn thing about libertarians,

I know enough about the absurdities of most right-libertarians.

and nobody takes you seriously.

Your commentary can't compete with my commentary, so you try trolling.

Part of that stems from what is definitely the very worst political slogan EVER dreamed up.
Yes, I DO indeed understand what "Defund the Police" is SUPPOSED to mean, which is all the more reason WHY I say it's the worst slogan ever.
The average voter is not a political junkie and they aren't interested in studying reams of material.

I'll keep repeating that until everyone drops dead of old age, no matter what you say to the contrary.

If you object, it means that you too are as incapable of understanding MARKETING as the idiot who came up with that slogan. End of story.

RETHINK the POLICE
RETOOL the POLICE
FIX BROKEN POLICING
REFORM the POLICE
FIX the POLICE

----and maybe a hundred OTHER possible slogans would have HIT HOME and done enormous good.

Are you thirsty?
Watch how many people back away from your beaker even though the substance in it is WATER.
That's the reason WHY "Defund the Police" is such a massive FAIL and always has been for the typical voter.
It DESERVED to fail but more importantly, if Patrisse, Alicia and Opal were polished leaders, they would have slapped the author of that slogan silly right from the start.

And America is overflowing with militancy right now when what we NEED are good IDEAS.
There are so many aspects to the failed slogan "Defund the Police" that the name itself has become toxic. The world is learning that the BLM terrorist group leaders scammed up to $100 million from donors and used some of their ill-gotten gains to buy luxurious homes in Southern California.
Pretty soon the BLM sign will be scraped off the woke city streets and off of the end zones of the woke NFL stadiums. No one will feed the need to virtue signal their support of BLM anymore. Around where I live people will revert back to knowing "BLM" as the Bureau of Land Management.
Even the local B&B on the street covered over with huge oak trees somehow took down (or lost) its "Support Black Lives Matter" sign. I guess it wasn't a big draw anymore or maybe just stolen to become a relic in someone's basement.

You're right about BLM becoming the dumbest slogan ever. The events of 2020 all around the country after Floyd's death proved that BLM was a terrorist group that went around the country inciting riots, burnings, destruction, and looting. But strangely enough, the media kept saying the riots were "mostly peaceful" as if inciting chaos costing billions is somehow "peaceful".

There are so many aspects to the failed slogan "Defund the Police" that the name itself has become toxic. The world is learning that the BLM terrorist group leaders scammed up to $100 million from donors and used some of their ill-gotten gains to buy luxurious homes in Southern California.
Pretty soon the BLM sign will be scraped off the woke city streets and off of the end zones of the woke NFL stadiums. No one will feed the need to virtue signal their support of BLM anymore. Around where I live people will revert back to knowing "BLM" as the Bureau of Land Management.
Even the local B&B on the street covered over with huge oak trees somehow took down (or lost) its "Support Black Lives Matter" sign. I guess it wasn't a big draw anymore or maybe just stolen to become a relic in someone's basement.

You're right about BLM becoming the dumbest slogan ever. The events of 2020 all around the country after Floyd's death proved that BLM was a terrorist group that went around the country inciting riots, burnings, destruction, and looting. But strangely enough, the media kept saying the riots were "mostly peaceful" as if inciting chaos costing billions is somehow "peaceful".

A drop in the bucket though compared to the money police depts scam from the taxpayer. NYPD's budget is billion dollars.

You don't believe there was any cause and effect?
I will always be skeptical if I read that crime goes down all by itself.

Since crime went down in other areas that did not use "stop and frisk," its value is worth more consideration.

Since crime went down in other areas that did not use "stop and frisk," its value is worth more consideration.
jbb,
Color me anti-crime, but I like the idea of cops patrolling crime ridden neighborhoods stopping suspicious looking (notice no ethnic reference here) characters to see if they are carrying weapons.
Of course, in this day and age, you do that in a crime ridden city and it is likely cops will get shot, Ben Crump will be ever-present looking for a big payoff from the city, the ACLU will be waiting for the latest cop-thug encounter (but only if the cop is white).
Mine is not the kind of Harry Callahan view of crime that Liberals in big cities want to adopt at least not until they are mugged at gunpoint.

I know enough about the absurdities of most right-libertarians.

Your commentary can't compete with my commentary, so you try trolling.
A legend in his own mind.

Reactions: PoS
Yeah I'm sure you'd have no problem with them stopping and frisking you, either, would you? What's good for the goose, and all that.
Crime drop dramatically, and they didn't have to consider taking everyone's guns like liberals do every time they attempt to solve crime problems.

jbb,
Color me anti-crime, but I like the idea of cops patrolling crime ridden neighborhoods stopping suspicious looking (notice no ethnic reference here) characters to see if they are carrying weapons.
Of course, in this day and age, you do that in a crime ridden city and it is likely cops will get shot, Ben Crump will be ever-present looking for a big payoff from the city, the ACLU will be waiting for the latest cop-thug encounter (but only if the cop is white).
Mine is not the kind of Harry Callahan view of crime that Liberals in big cities want to adopt at least not until they are mugged at gunpoint.

"suspicious looking (notice no ethnic reference here)"

Not sure how one defines it, especially when it is so often related to race.

The law enforcement problem in black communities runs very deep. One of the biggest problems is that they aren't trusted by law-abiding people. So many of them have friends or relatives who have been hassled and arrested by cops for petty crimes, In many communities, the police have become revenue collectors for unpaid fines and tickets. So when it comes to cooperating on the big crimes, they just don't trust them. People, in turn, apply their own brand of justice, which is violent. and deadly. This problem is as old as our nation.

Ta-Nehisi Coates tells the story about fight breaking out on the street below his apartment window. His girlfriend said she was going to call the cops. He said to not do that, because once the cops get there, who knows what will draw their intertest. They just don't trust them.

"suspicious looking (notice no ethnic reference here)"

Not sure how one defines it, especially when it is so often related to race.

The law enforcement problem in black communities runs very deep. One of the biggest problems is that they aren't trusted by law-abiding people. So many of them have friends or relatives who have been hassled and arrested by cops for petty crimes, In many communities, the police have become revenue collectors for unpaid fines and tickets. So when it comes to cooperating on the big crimes, they just don't trust them. People, in turn, apply their own brand of justice, which is violent. and deadly. This problem is as old as our nation.

Ta-Nehisi Coates tells the story about fight breaking out on the street below his apartment window. His girlfriend said she was going to call the cops. He said to not do that, because once the cops get there, who knows what will draw their intertest. They just don't trust them.
jbb,
It's the same old story. If you live in a crime-ridden neighborhood (regardless of color), if there are murders or shootings, the people there are not going to be quick to tell the police what they know or saw. The police know that too.
That Coates activist is simply stating the obvious with her anecdotal story of a crime observed.

We lived on the lower east side of Manhattan so many decades ago it is mind-boggling. My mother told me of stories of shootings and knifings on our street where no one saw anything when they occurred. The obvious reason is no one wanted to be known as a 'snitch'. It is happening today just like back then when I could not understand why people would want to kill each other. Call it the naivete of youth.
Why should anything be different now?

Crime drop dramatically, and they didn't have to consider taking everyone's guns like liberals do every time they attempt to solve crime problems.

nObOdY iS tAkIn' YeR gUnZ, and nearly 9 out of 10 people who were stopped were innocent.

They basically violated the civil liberties of 90% of the people they stopped, so they could get 10%.

Sounds like if they did better police work, they'd get better results. You know, like maybe investigating crimes, instead of stopping innocent people on the street?

RETHINK the POLICE
RETOOL the POLICE
FIX BROKEN POLICING
REFORM the POLICE
FIX the POLICE

Are you thirsty?

NYC had a defund the police movement. They removed $1B funding to police, including salaries, and then spent it on hippy nonsense without accounting for the money. They wasted the money and kept no receipts. The result was a lot of police officers who were not replaced after they retired and they had a mass exodus so great that they couldn't process the paperwork for all the officers who were quitting and had to put them on a scheduled departure so they could manage the insane workload of paperwork to process all the officers they lost.

Defund the Police is what it is. It's taking funding away from the police force and the results are what they are in every state that has done it. Seattle is no longer investigating rapes because they don't have the employees to do it.

nObOdY iS tAkIn' YeR gUnZ, and nearly 9 out of 10 people who were stopped were innocent.

They basically violated the civil liberties of 90% of the people they stopped, so they could get 10%.

Sounds like if they did better police work, they'd get better results. You know, like maybe investigating crimes, instead of stopping innocent people on the street?

Stop and frisk works. He needs to be brought back.

Really? Did you forget the fact that he's a dem?
The insanity of the far left who believes that someone who wants to reduce crime can no longer be considered liberal. The irony here is that he calls black conservatives Uncle Toms, but then lies about liberals who want to reduce crime in their communities.

Really? Did you forget the fact that he's a dem?

Really.

I know damned well his party affiliation. Your post only knows what nut job media tells you. 🤡

Real Trump stupid stuff.

The insanity of the far left who believes that someone who wants to reduce crime can no longer be considered liberal. The irony here is that he calls black conservatives Uncle Toms, but then lies about liberals who want to reduce crime in their communities.

Its not the far left that believes that, it is the wild and crazy Trump cult.

Back
Top Bottom