• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eric Adams rips BLM, anti-cop activists after night of NYC shootings

Its not the far left that believes that, it is the wild and crazy Trump cult.
No, only shills believe what you believe.

Here's part of his platform. He's liberal. He's just anti-crime. I'm not sure why you think you have to be pro-crime to be a liberal (perhaps your history of racist posts has something to do with it), but it's not true.

My plan includes: Building one digital platform for New Yorkers to access all City services Bringing the City to the community by delivering services in storefronts and in-person in lower-income neighborhoods Creating a Recovery Score to track our progress with analytics

A more equal city Finally, the City must do a far better job of maximizing its resources and using its regulatory powers to help deal with structural economic and social issues. That includes prioritizing spending on programs, services, and contractors that reduce inequality. It also means revisiting regulations that discourage growth, particularly of our Black and Brown owned small businesses.

My plan includes: Prioritizing minority- and women-owned businesses for City contracts Eliminating the fees for starting a small business Instituting a warning system for violations that do not pose immediate danger Maximizing the use of City assets — particularly office buildings for affordable housing

Economy

Our city is in serious economic trouble. The pandemic has cost us hundreds-of-thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in revenue.

And the deep hole we find ourselves in is not entirely due to COVID-19. Our economy was built on uneven ground: pervasive inequality, with just a few sectors accounting for most jobs, and vast wealth disparities. Before the pandemic, Latino and Black households in the city averaged approximately half the income that white households did.

Eric Adams Speaking Infront of Outdoor Dinning Area Our recovery starts with public health and public safety. But there are other things we can and must do immediately to save our economy. Some things will take years. Some things will take a generation. But we must get started now on all. Here’s how we bring back New York better than ever.

Step 1 - Protect what we have built and who built it Since the pandemic and its disastrous impact on this country’s economy, we have seen a significant downturn that is far worse than most American cities’. Estimates are that, even after the COVID crisis is somewhat under control, New York City will have half-a-million fewer jobs than before the pandemic. We have to right the ship, fast.

Step 2 - Create a stronger, deeper, fairer 21st Century economy New York City must position itself to lead in the industries of the future: the green economy, healthcare/biotech, digital technology and cybersecurity. Our workers were unprepared for this even before the pandemic. Invest in green infrastructure projects through a municipal bond program.

Step 3 - Create an equitable economy that gives everyone the opportunity to thrive Black and Brown communities were sidelined as the New York City economy flourished. For instance, the communities I grew up in — Brownsville and South Jamaica — continue to experience significant unemployment while massive development and economic expansion occurred in other parts of the city. Those communities have waited long enough — now we will build an inclusive economy for them that is equitable and enduring.
He's a vegan who wants to ban chocolate milk. Seriously, how is this a conservative? He attacks people who oppose "Build Back Better."

“You heard the narrative beforehand about defunding the police. Let me tell you what the defunders of the police are, those who didn’t vote on the Build Back Better bill. Money was in that bill for police officers. We have 2,400 ATF agents in our country. Only 80 are in New York. We need to double that amount. We need to go after the ghost guns. Then we have to be preventive. Many of these generational social problems have become the pipeline to violence.”

He also expanded a childcare program for poor families in NYC: “Today is a win for New York City families and for our kids,” said Mayor Adams. “Raising a family in New York City shouldn't be hard, so we are making things a little easier for working families by expanding access to high quality childcare programs across our city. This historic investment of $4 billion will expand quality childcare comes at a crucial time, while families struggle with the increase in the cost of living and lost wages as a result of the pandemic. I am grateful to Governor Hochul and my colleagues in the state that fought for New York City families and delivered. Promises made, promises kept.”

Last edited:
New York City.

All one can do is to shake one's head -- and keep away from that horrible, horrible, horrible place.

It needs another Mayor Giuliani to clean it up.

But in 2022, the courts will not allow stop & frisk.

A shame!
IOW, Constitutional rights = whites, only!

I've resided in Manhattan, withdrew after colossal Bush national security failure on 9/11.

Giuliani's colossal security failure pre-dated 9/11.

1. If G.O.P. retakes control of Senate in November, a consequence of facts or despite facts?

Bush trusted then 31 years old Dina Powell to manage his white house personnel office, Dina's discernment was flawed when it came to her attraction and endorsement of Bernard Kerik to be nominated as DHS Director. This is a description of the man she chose to marry and have children with. To...

2. If G.O.P. retakes control of Senate in November, a consequence of facts or despite facts?

"...for Trump, Trump appointing and advancing Stephen Miller, Trump pretending to drain the swamp as he appoints Bush's former aid and Kerik friend, Dina Powell McCormick and many of Dina's Goldman Sachs colleagues to Trump's own swamp ...) Note the dates... Bush's chosen 31 year old, Egyptian..."

Before moving to Manhattan in the mid 1990s, my then youthful Latin class teacher in 1968 often shared details of her weekend
    trips to Greenwich Village, Broadway shows, museums, etc. Post high school, I became a regular visitor. Compared to NYC of the 1970s and to other major U.S. cities, NYC has come a long way, despite Ford, Giuliani, and Bush dismal "performances".
NYC lacks a middle class. The corruption there is of the Trump and Giuliani class. Every other improvement to society there that could have been made within the framework of preserving Constitutional rights that has not happened is the result of the Trump, Giuliani, Bloomberg
level. The most influential via money and politics earn the most blame, being in position to make better and ethical choices and not doing so.

Rep. Joe Crowley lost his seat to OCA because he was out of touch with the living conditions of most voters. I accept this is an odd concept
for G.O.P. voters to understand how that matters because they are attracted to out of touch politicians. For G.O.P., the less discernment, the better.

Working-class people are underrepresented in politics ... - Vox​

https://www.vox.com › policy-and-politics › 2018/10/24

Oct 24, 2018 — Our government is run by rich people — and it benefits them the most.

Trump celebrates Joe Crowley's defeat in Democratic primary ...​

https://www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-5890371

Jun 27, 2018 — Trump celebrates as left wing 28-year-old Bernie supporter wins a shock primary victory over ten-term New York congressman Joe Crowley on ...

Sounds like if they did better police work, they'd get better results. You know, like maybe investigating crimes, instead of stopping innocent people on the street?
In a crime-ridden neighborhood, how would cops know if someone is innocent of carrying guns unless they stopped them?
And what is wrong with collecting guns from 10 percent of the people they stop and search? That sounds like a good rate of return to me.
You feeling sorry for the people who lost their illegal firearms?

Making people on the streets aware (again in crime-ridden neighborhoods) they might be stopped at any time seems to me to be a good deterrent to carrying weapons. Just ask the scumbag thugs in South Chicago who engage in "mutual combat" on the streets without being arrested.

SO what is your problem with 'stop and frisk' in crime-ridden neighborhoods? You afraid more idiot thugs are to be restrained because they are carrying illegal weapons?

IOW, Constitutional rights = whites, only!
Thank you for forcing me to google "IOW." (I am an 85-year-old computer illiterate.)

Thank you for your heartfelt opinion.

It is a real shame that most violent street crime is committed by two certain ethnicities.

So when New York City was a hotbed of violent crime in the last century (I hear dozens of taxi drivers were being murdered yearly), the good citizens demanded action.

So I guess the authorities decided to stop any suspected bad guy and look for weapons.

What else could they do?

Well, this is 2022, so this kind of pro-active police work will no longer be accepted.

At the very least, however, I understand that many New Yorkers are demanding that bad guys no longer be immediately released back into society.

The assaults in the subway are outrageous and disgusting and horrific. Some victims have died, and the others psychologically scarred for life.

I am guessing that a lot of Americans would be willing to sacrifice "constitutional rights" for personal safety.

Have a nice day!

In a crime-ridden neighborhood, how would cops know if someone is innocent of carrying guns unless they stopped them?
And what is wrong with collecting guns from 10 percent of the people they stop and search? That sounds like a good rate of return to me.
You feeling sorry for the people who lost their illegal firearms?

Making people on the streets aware (again in crime-ridden neighborhoods) they might be stopped at any time seems to me to be a good deterrent to carrying weapons. Just ask the scumbag thugs in South Chicago who engage in "mutual combat" on the streets without being arrested.

SO what is your problem with 'stop and frisk' in crime-ridden neighborhoods? You afraid more idiot thugs are to be restrained because they are carrying illegal weapons?

The usage of the word "thug" tells me all I need to know about you. You aren't worth my time.

Tata.

The usage of the word "thug" tells me all I need to know about you. You aren't worth my time.

Tata.
So 'thug' is some sort of trigger word for you. Like 'snowflake'?

How about these synonyms below? They all describe the same kind of trash that make cities dangerous places in which to live. Pick one you like better if you are so offended.
You're not from South Chicago are you?

ruffian
hoodlum
bully boy
bully
bandit
mugger
gangster
terrorist
gunman
murderer
killer
hitman
assassin
hooligan
vandal
Yardie
tough
bruiser
hired gun
rough
bovver boy
lager lout
chav
hoodie
ned
hood
goon
roughie
hoon
cutthroat
desperado
myrmidon

Really.

I know damned well his party affiliation. Your post only knows what nut job media tells you. 🤡

Real Trump stupid stuff.
You must be a MSNC fan then lol.

So 'thug' is some sort of trigger word for you. Like 'snowflake'?

How about these synonyms below? They all describe the same kind of trash that make cities dangerous places in which to live. Pick one you like better if you are so offended.
You're not from South Chicago are you?

ruffian
hoodlum
bully boy
bully
bandit
mugger
gangster
terrorist
gunman
murderer
killer
hitman
assassin
hooligan
vandal
Yardie
tough
bruiser
hired gun
rough
bovver boy
lager lout
chav
hoodie
ned
hood
goon
roughie
hoon
cutthroat
desperado
myrmidon

Yet out of all those synonyms, you chose to use "thug."

Very telling.

Yet out of all those synonyms, you chose to use "thug."

Very telling.
It's tells me lots about what triggers you.
The words 'thug', 'hoodlum', 'gang-banger', 'criminal' are all appropriate words when describe those miscreants who engage in regular gun battles on the streets of major American cities. It is a proven fact - like labeling BLM a terrorist organization.

Reactions: PoS
He says, according to the article "that those who protest against police brutality should also acknowledge the scourge of gun violence." It goes on to give one quote: “The lives of these black children that are dying every night matter,” Adams said. “We can’t be hypocrites.”

On what evidence does he base his assertion that those protesting police brutality are not aware of the scourge of gun violence? It seems to me it is quite the opposite. On the other side we have those who are fine with police brutality and tolerate gun violence just fine - "the price we pay for freedom" they like to say.

He's just trying to change the subject. His billion dollar police budget and police constantly swarming the subways couldn't stop this shooting, but BLM is the problem.
He didn't say BLM was the problem.

He's not wrong.
Adams is eventually going to shame black leaders (including BLM terrorist leaders) in the city to get involved with the criminals, thugs, and drug dealers in the city (do you think they're all black?) to help curb the gun violence perpetrated by black criminals.
In the end, however, it's going to take more 'stop and frisk' activity used when Giuliani was mayor which means using more cops to get more guns off the streets.
OH NO!!!! Not stop and frisk that worked 30 years ago! Not a tried and true method for encountering suspicious looking men on the streets and confiscating their weapons! Anything but what really works to get guns off the streets.
Good luck, Adams. I'm afraid that unless BLM so-called leaders see a white cop shooting a black suspect, you won't get the attention of any black groups willing to help stop shootings on the streets of NYC.
The said part is that cops are going to ask, "Why should I get involved in gang shootings when I can be the target of gangs that hate cops?".

He didn't say BLM was the problem.
BLM is not always the problem. The idea here is for BLM to be part of the solution to gangbanger shootings on the streets of NYC.
If black lives actually do matter to BLM, why wouldn't they want to get involved in stopping the murders of black men on the streets of NYC?
Now there's a question Libs and Progressives are loathe to answer.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

It is really an intractable problem.

Most violent crime in our large cities (such as here in Los Angeles) is committed by young gentlemen of two certain ethnicities. So stop & frisk is bound to catch in its grasp some or even many innocent young gentlemen.

You mentioned the 4th Amendment. Maybe that is why the Los Angeles Police Department has just ordered its officers to avoid stopping drivers unless they really have a good reason to do so.

Personally, I feel there is no way to really stop violent crime, which will no doubt get even worse in the coming decades as the country continues its inexorable population change, so people will just have to take their chances when they step outside.

Have a nice weekend!

Here we go with the racist bullshit again.

He says, according to the article "that those who protest against police brutality should also acknowledge the scourge of gun violence." It goes on to give one quote: “The lives of these black children that are dying every night matter,” Adams said. “We can’t be hypocrites.”

On what evidence does he base his assertion that those protesting police brutality are not aware of the scourge of gun violence? It seems to me it is quite the opposite. On the other side we have those who are fine with police brutality and tolerate gun violence just fine - "the price we pay for freedom" they like to say.

He's just trying to change the subject. His billion dollar police budget and police constantly swarming the subways couldn't stop this shooting, but BLM is the problem.
1651491878641.png

Back
Top Bottom