• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP 3.0 Issues (Visual)

Rev, anon should no longer show up on that list. :)
Let me know if it does.

dp3.jpg

dp2.jpg

dp1.jpg

Is it me or does something seem hinkcey with the fonts?

I plan on revisiting "Old DP" style this afternoon. Icons and that stuff should clear up.

Is there any chance of getting hyperlinks underlined in the thread to help out the colorblind?

Whatever it is with the current color, I can sometimes see that it's a link and sometimes I can't. If it was underlined on top of the color change it would at least draw my attention more.
How is this? Google

Ok I have to ask, why is Tucker's name pink?

Ok I have to ask, why is Tucker's name pink?

I once told vauge that it would be funny to do that as a practical joke and then not tell me that he did it.\

When I was a kid, my mom washed all of the socks in with something red and they all came out pink.

Since both me and my brother are color-blind, she just told us they were blue and sent us on our way. Got made fun of at school for about a month over those socks. :lol:

I once told vauge that it would be funny to do that as a practical joke and then not tell me that he did it.\

When I was a kid, my mom washed all of the socks in with something red and they all came out pink.

Since both me and my brother are color-blind, she just told us they were blue and sent us on our way. Got made fun of at school for about a month over those socks. :lol:

I see where you got your sense of humor from. :lol:

I used the roll eyes smilie today, and find it totally inferior in conveying my sarcastic disgust compared to the classic blue roll eyes smilie. :rolleyes: THAT is a lame rolleyes smilie

I had not noticed. All of our old smilies should now be back. :)

Refresh.

If you are on a blackberry ie bold and go to the main page you can't login because there is no password box to fill in next to the login id box. You can however log in if you click on a thread and hit reply so there is a workaround but just fyi

What's the code for the blue roll eyes smilie?

I don't know how I can possibly express myself properly here with this lame roll eyes smilie :rolleyes:

OK, refreshing worked!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is there any way on DP 3.0 where I can see the posts that I (or anyone else) have been thanked for? I'm a narcissist. On the old board, it was easy to see this...you just click on your name and there was a link to it. But that's gone now. :(

Is there any way on DP 3.0 where I can see the posts that I (or anyone else) have been thanked for? I'm a narcissist. On the old board, it was easy to see this...you just click on your name and there was a link to it. But that's gone now. :(

I thank you for that, my friend...

Moderator's Warning:
Please read through the two thread DP 3.0 issues threads. Many of these questions have been answered already - thanks

I noticed that sometimes, quote boxes only extend to about half the width of the post message box, leaving a lot of empty space on the right hand side. AN example is my post: http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-pa...drill-anwr-now-do-you-get.html#post1058784122

I don't know what the criteria is for this occurring, as I see normal quote boxes in this thread. Could it be the size of the material being quoted or that I have a quote inside a quote?

I am using Chrome.

For me (using Firefox), the super-annoying, super-skinny post issue appears on the first post of every page. It makes reading lengthy posts exceedingly tiresome. Please make it go away.

Also, is there any way to make the "advanced" reply box the default? I am distinctly unhappy having to click past the quick reply to get to all the reply options.

:peace

For me (using Firefox), the super-annoying, super-skinny post issue appears on the first post of every page. It makes reading lengthy posts exceedingly tiresome. Please make it go away.

Also, is there any way to make the "advanced" reply box the default? I am distinctly unhappy having to click past the quick reply to get to all the reply options.

:peace

What OS are you using? What resolution are you running? What theme (lower left hand drop down menu) are you using?

This happens to me on my cell phone (Motorola Cliq) in regards to the first post, but I have yet to see it on my PC.

I have personally put in a request to vauge to change the generic Reply box back to the Advanced Reply box. It is annoying as hell. However, if you double click on either the "Reply" or "Reply with Quote" buttons, it will take you to the Advanced Reply screen. I just hate having to double click something in a browser window (it's unnatural).

I have personally put in a request to vauge to change the generic Reply box back to the Advanced Reply box. It is annoying as hell. However, if you double click on either the "Reply" or "Reply with Quote" buttons, it will take you to the Advanced Reply screen. I just hate having to double click something in a browser window (it's unnatural).

I like the Quick Reply, especially when replying with quote. I rarely use smilies or formatting when I reply. The advantage is that you can open up a lot more screen space to the editor frame than you can in the Advanced Reply. I am typing now in the Quick Reply and it is the width of the page. I just mouse down the resize corner to make it as long as it is wide and that's a great space to see the quotes and type a reply. The Advanced Reply is size restricted, not to the page width but a fixed width, plus you have a block of smilies which further reduces it.

I think this would make a good poll. If you create one, please describe the pluses and minuses of each, to be fair.

Last edited:
I like the Quick Reply, especially when replying with quote. I rarely use smilies or formatting when I reply. The advantage is that you can open up a lot more screen space to the editor frame than you can in the Advanced Reply. I am typing now in the Quick Reply and it is the width of the page. I just mouse down the resize corner to make it as long as it is wide and that's a great space to see the quotes and type a reply. The Advanced Reply is size restricted, not to the page width but a fixed width, plus you have a block of smilies which further reduces it.

I think this would make a good poll. If you create one, please describe the pluses and minuses of each, to be fair.

Quick reply would be ok if the Firefox spellchecker worked in it. AS is, defaulting to quick reply is my only real gripe about the software change.

Back
Top Bottom