• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP 3.0 Issues (Visual)

Real quick, as of this morning, i notice the space issue, also, i notice that named like mine, and IT's are wrapped to a second line.

there is space in ie, no space in chrome. name is still wrapped in both,

Capture1.jpg

Keep up the good work boys! :thumbs:

You best drop the underscore, Rev.

Real quick, as of this morning, i notice the space issue, also, i notice that named like mine, and IT's are wrapped to a second line.
We limited new users name to less than 15 character to circumvent this problem.

I use Chrome at home and it looks great. I am at my sister's using IE and there is a huge gap (12 lines or so) of blank space between the top of the post "block" and the content message.

Like this?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 24
I use Chrome at home and it looks great. I am at my sister's using IE and there is a huge gap (12 lines or so) of blank space between the top of the post "block" and the content message.
Are you using Internet Explorer 6? That may be a known issue and is being worked on.

Like this?
Unsure, but I believe reefedjib is referring to the "top" of the post - before it begins but inside the post area.

I put in a quick hack to make the post spacing uniform (like your pic Jerry) and that often can bring the signatures up. Without that hack it seemed like we were wasting a lot of extra blank space. Without it - see attached.

Attachments

• extra_blank_space.jpg
    extra_blank_space.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I like the changes to the logo.

Like this?

Are you using Internet Explorer 6? That may be a known issue and is being worked on.

Unsure, but I believe reefedjib is referring to the "top" of the post - before it begins but inside the post area.

I am unsure of the version of IE, but I have asked my sister - I'll report back. If it is 6 then it is known as you say. I tried it with IE 8 at home and there was no issue.

Jerry, it is as vauge is saying: between the top darker border of the post and "I use Chrome at home..."

Thanks.

We limited new users name to less than 15 character to circumvent this problem.

Is there a fix for this or will folks like us have to change our usernames?

I notice its now the n and the d that are wrapped.

Thanks. :thumbs:

Rev, not much we can do on our end. It is up to you if you want to change your username.

If Rev just removed the underscore from his name, he'd be okay, like this: ReverendHellhOund.

Last edited:
Rev, not much we can do on our end. It is up to you if you want to change your username.

No worries, I'll decide when you all aren't so busy...

I do note, it looks fine old DP style, the D is on the next line at the default, and the nd is on the next line in the green machine....

Thanks.

Rev - how about just changing your username to 'The Greatness'?

I noticed that sometimes, quote boxes only extend to about half the width of the post message box, leaving a lot of empty space on the right hand side. AN example is my post: http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-pa...drill-anwr-now-do-you-get.html#post1058784122

I don't know what the criteria is for this occurring, as I see normal quote boxes in this thread. Could it be the size of the material being quoted or that I have a quote inside a quote?

I am using Chrome.

I'll see if I can figure out what is causing that. Happens in IE, Firefox and Konquerer too.

I'll see if I can figure out what is causing that. Happens in IE, Firefox and Konquerer too.

Mine is Firefox and it doesn't wrap around, it bleeds into the light blue post area. Reverends in fine on mine.

Is there any chance of getting hyperlinks underlined in the thread to help out the colorblind?

Whatever it is with the current color, I can sometimes see that it's a link and sometimes I can't. If it was underlined on top of the color change it would at least draw my attention more.

Back
Top Bottom