• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP 3.0 Issues (Visual)

One thing I'd like to see back is the thread title included in each post.

I would not like that, please don't. It was like that yesterday and it was a bear.

The posts began immediately after the title and it all ran together. It made reading the posts much more difficult.

:(

1. The Font Size of the String Titles should be much stronger relative to the info underneath ... now... poster/date/time.
2. Only poster name is needed underneath title anyway, the rest obscures the titles.

3. That's how our bd was and I linked/PF is now.
Refresh the homepage and tell me if it looks better.

One thing I'd like to see back is the thread title included in each post.
Agreed, the default location is kinda strange. Still looking into this.

RNYC--If you're still here, can you let me know what's going on with the basement threads not appearing in New Posts?

Have they been temporarily turned off during the upgrade?

Basement threads are currently turned off for "New posts" and "Whats new?". Soon, we will add the switch back for users if they want to see them.

RNYC--If you're still here, can you let me know what's going on with the basement threads not appearing in New Posts?

Have they been temporarily turned off during the upgrade?

That has to be a vauge question, he's the one with the technical knowhow.

They show up in vaispy for me though.

Almost every post in every thread in every forum has several inches of blank space.

Here is a screenshot of an extreme example:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2513/screenshotzrz.png

The same problem has occured on another board I belong to, and they tell me it is a VB bug.
I hope they and you forward my screenshots to VB with a request that they
get the damn bugs out pronto.

Last edited:
You should try Chrome or Firefox. That blank space will mostly go away.
That is not "really" a vb issue, it is Microsoft not conforming to internet standards.

You should try Chrome or Firefox. That blank space will mostly go away.
That is not "really" a vb issue, it is Microsoft not conforming to internet standards.
I'm using Chrome and IE8. Checking with both in different colors/skins etc
May be having a glitch because of W7/IE8 with a new SSD.
They can have small quirks.

For the board's info, while I pretty much stopped posting in this string.... Vauge and I are PMing in re these issues and making Great progress in improving readability/clarity and 'look'.
I think it will be noticeably better in many respects Very soon as changes are taking place quickly.. some already done.
-

Last edited:
It has been getting noticeable better each day for a week or more. I doubt that will change any time soon. Vauge and Hugh have done great work, and the posters here have had some great suggestions in this thread.

It has been getting noticeable better each day for a week or more. I doubt that will change any time soon. Vauge and Hugh have done great work, and the posters here have had some great suggestions in this thread.
I think you're going to see big changes by Sunday's end, especially on the format within the sections.
String Titles will be clearer, freed from the barely distinguishable clutter of info underneath.
The heretofore biggest problem IMO.
-

I think you're going to see big changes by Sunday's end, especially on the format within the sections.
String Titles will be clearer, freed from the barely distinguishable clutter of info underneath.
The heretofore biggest problem IMO.
-

I don't think you understand. There have been big changes every day for awhile. Nothing new there. The community has stepped up since the change and offered a ton of suggestions which will continue the process. It's not all about you.

I don't think you understand. There have been big changes every day for awhile. Nothing new there. The community has stepped up since the change and offered a ton of suggestions which will continue the process. It's not all about you.
There may have been changes but they haven't really affected 'the look' problem in a major way.
And judging by what hatched initially, those early/"every day for a while" changes may have been blunders.
Or curing pimples when the patient had a broken back.
And of course it's not all about me.. it's about you.
Shiny new mod!
-

Last edited:
There may have been changes but they haven't really affected 'the look' problem in a major way.
And judging by what hatched initially, those early/"every day for a while" changes may have been blunders.
Or curing pimples when the patient had a broken back.
And of course it's not all about me.. it's about you.
Shiny new mod!
-

Moderator's Warning:
Enough. You want to make suggestions, fine. You want to bitch, there are other places in DP to do so.

A coupla minor things:

When I hit the regular reply button (not reply with quote), it automatically quotes the last post.

There used to be a place in members' profiles where you could see the posts they thanked and the posts where they got thanked. I don't see that in the upgrade.

-----------

Folks, remember that while Vauge and crew have been trying to work on your suggestions, they're doing so on very little sleep. These people have families, jobs and lives like the rest of us.

Moderator's Warning:
Enough. You want to make suggestions, fine. You want to bitch, there are other places in DP to do so.

One thing that is different is the your user name is no longer bold black as before.I'm using the green skin and your name green just like an other commoner's. I'm using google chrome.

• "Settings" on top right changed to "User Control Panel".
  • Time removed from Forum started by display to help clear the "clutter".
  • Changed the white with a soft grey in thread display with the "DP three dot oh" style. Still testing to see if we want to go more grey.
  • Fixed post preview border.
  • Changed alternate color and sticky thread colors.

Last edited:
The mod box also looks pretty sloppy...more like an overtunred coffie table than a box. Not questioning the mod action, just fyi.

Almost every post in every thread in every forum has several inches of blank space.
My bad, I thought you were refering to Internet Explorer issues - I think I resolved the "space" problem.
Let me know.

Is it possible to make the dividers between posts under the reply box in advanced reply darker so they stand out more?

Is it possible to make the dividers between posts under the reply box in advanced reply darker so they stand out more?

This is complete. :)

Thumbnails for albums and attachments should look ok again.

Images auto resizing in posts has been fixed in the next version of vBulletin.

Could you move the stuff under the "Forum Actions" dropdown under "Quick Links" and just remove the Forum Actions one?

Could you put a "Who's Online" link at the bottom please?

Could you not do this till after Monday, since you got a day off coming?

Edit: Oops, found the Who's Online at the bottom.

Last edited:
Real quick, as of this morning, i notice the space issue, also, i notice that named like mine, and IT's are wrapped to a second line.

there is space in ie, no space in chrome. name is still wrapped in both,

Capture1.jpg

Keep up the good work boys! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom