• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Don't Retreat, Instead RELOAD!"

Gwendoline

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What was Sarah Palin referring to when she said “Don’t Retreat, Instead RELOAD!”? Reload the printer that ran out of paper? Reload the camera battery? Reload the car for that special vacation?

What? Reload the gun? Surely not. That would be a volatile, violent thing to say. Horrendously irresponsible, too.

God, that poor woman is so misunderstood… as she struggles to reload the paper in the pesky printer…

Twitter / Sarah Palin: Commonsense Conservatives ...

What was Sarah Palin referring to when she said “Don’t Retreat, Instead RELOAD!”? Reload the printer that ran out of paper? Reload the camera battery? Reload the car for that special vacation?

What? Reload the gun? Surely not. That would be a volatile, violent thing to say. Horrendously irresponsible, too.

God, that poor woman is so misunderstood… as she struggles to reload the paper in the pesky printer…

Considering her fetish for guns, and the crowd to which she was appealing, the imagery is pretty clear. The statement may not have been literal, but the statement had it's purpose, which was to seize upon an emotional trigger in her followers and elicit a strident reaction.

Gee, I don't know... Maybe it was an expression... Maybe, just maybe, she was saying "When the going gets tough, don't give up... Get back in there, Stand up for your beliefs and you can win the political battle."

Or you can continue pushing the ridiculous notion she was telling people to load their weapons and shoot the democrats.... And you people claim to be the "intellectual" ones... lololol

People use war like phrases all the time to make their points and rally people, I'm not trying to say Americans love war, however if one stops and looks around, war and violence are all around, hell even the American national anthem is about a bloody battle, what the individual chooses to do with these things is their problem.

I will go back to my original point when this first happened.

The mental state of a person, willing to look down the sights of a gun and blow away a 9 year old girl, is the mental state of a person who it definitely took more then a phrase of a politician to get them to commit the act.

Thats the word, i stick to it.

Jetboogieman

How many more Palin threads do we need? She used a play on words. People will want to spin this to mean that Palin wants people to load guns and kill political enemies. This isn't the case. Please, just stop it. Enough it enough and I'm so tired of reading these partisan spin jobs:coffeepap

Palin is a hunter. She's appealing to those that think the GOP backs down. It's a figure of speech. Only hayper-partisan hacks would try to claim she's calling for the use of guns. It's sad that a lunatic shooter's victims are being used as fodder like this.

I like how partisan liberals bashing how Palin is not smart have difficulty understanding the concept of not taking speech literally.

Palin knows exactly what she is doing when she uses such language.
She knows exactly who she is appealing to.
She know exactly who it will anger.
All this is by desgin and careful calculation.

well said. take no prisoners!

Yes, conservatives tired of watching their "party" go spineless.

Are you insinuating she's attempting to incite violence?

Yes, conservatives tired of watching their "party" go spineless.

Are you insinuating she's attempting to incite violence?

She is attempting to be the 2012 GOP nominee. Everything else is just a means to that end.

Gee, I don't know... Maybe it was an expression... Maybe, just maybe, she was saying "When the going gets tough, don't give up... Get back in there, Stand up for your beliefs and you can win the political battle."

Or you can continue pushing the ridiculous notion she was telling people to load their weapons and shoot the democrats.... And you people claim to be the "intellectual" ones... lololol

If that were the case, she would have SAID: “When the going gets tough, don’t give up… Get back in there, Stand up for your beliefs and you can win the political battle.” But she DIDN’T say that. YOU did. Her intimation was to load up the gun. Her choice of words. Her sentiments. And irresponsible to boot. There are a world of words to convey what we want to say / what we mean. That she resorts to aggressive gun talk / symbols is irresponsible and repugnant.

If that were the case, she would have SAID: “When the going gets tough, don’t give up… Get back in there, Stand up for your beliefs and you can win the political battle.” But she DIDN’T say that. YOU did. Her intimation was to load up the gun. Her choice of words. Her sentiments. And irresponsible to boot. There are a world of words to convey what we want to say / what we mean. That she resorts to aggressive gun talk / symbols is irresponsible and repugnant.

How about Obama saying: "If they bring knives, we'll bring guns". This is agressive gun talk / symbols is irresponsible and repugnant.

The language from Sarah P. is a shot across the bow. Obama got his block knocked off in the November elections. Nancy Pelosi ripped the Republicans a new one. Waging an election campaign is like waging war. Who cares?

The Left won't be able to silence us. That is what this is all about.

Oh, please, clearly its just a figure of speech meant to appeal to the crowd she attracts, who are mostly, if not all, pro-gun. It's just a metaphor and there's no point in going deeper into it.

I don't see why you guys are harping on her for this. It's a minor thing at most. There's so many better arguments you can make against her, its not even funny. Using this is just thoughtless.

I like how partisan liberals bashing how Palin is not smart have difficulty understanding the concept of not taking speech literally.

Me too!
I also like it when conservatives do exactly the same thing.

Maybe she should have said, "let's rock-n-roll". Oh, wait that's a gun phrase, too.

continue pushing the ridiculous notion she was telling people to load their weapons and shoot

i love this. i love how we embrace the power of imagery in rhetoric when it suits us ("a shining city on the hill"... which reagan plagiarized, btw) but reject it when it makes us look like the morons we are.

no, sarah did not pull the trigger... a crazy man did. but that crazy man was influenced by the angry, hateful rhetoric which has taken over the political discussion in this country. if you want people to think you rational, employ rational imagery.

sarah DID. it was perfectly rational. it was also violent and inciteful.

geo.

Oh, please, clearly its just a figure of speech meant to appeal to the crowd she attracts, who are mostly, if not all, pro-gun. It's just a metaphor and there's no point in going deeper into it.

I don't see why you guys are harping on her for this. It's a minor thing at most. There's so many better arguments you can make against her, its not even funny. Using this is just thoughtless.

What do you expect from people who know more about American Idol and Survivor than they do the Constitution and who their Congressman is? It's a paparazzi mentality.

Maybe she should have said, "let's rock-n-roll". Oh, wait that's a gun phrase, too.

The phrase describes a form of popular music, though the term originated as a euphemism for the act of sexual congress.

i love this. i love how we embrace the power of imagery in rhetoric when it suits us ("a shining city on the hill"... which reagan plagiarized, btw) but reject it when it makes us look like the morons we are.

no, sarah did not pull the trigger... a crazy man did. but that crazy man was influenced by the angry, hateful rhetoric which has taken over the political discussion in this country. if you want people to think you rational, employ rational imagery.

geo.

Except by all accounts the nutjob paid little attention to the rhetoric, and instead was mired in conspiracy fringe stuff like the zeitgeist movies. Nice try though

Are you freaking serious?

Outside on Broad Street, waiting for Palin to leave, one man was heard saying: “Let’s stone her, old school.”

Another protester shouted at someone entering the hotel, “Wait till your daughter wants an abortion, you hypocrite.”

how about Obama saying we should bring guns....

How about that bitch berhnard saying palin should be gang raped...

Is this really how you all are going to implement obama's "toning down the rhetoric"?

Great job., :roll:

Are you freaking serious?

Outside on Broad Street, waiting for Palin to leave, one man was heard saying: “Let’s stone her, old school.”

Another protester shouted at someone entering the hotel, “Wait till your daughter wants an abortion, you hypocrite.”

how about Obama saying we should bring guns....

How about that bitch berhnard saying palin should be gang raped...

Is this really how you all are going to implement obama's "toning down the rhetoric"?

Great job., :roll:

C'mon Rev, you know very well it's "Do as we tell you, not as we do" with them.

geo.

Are you still, going on this nonsense? You sir are the problem Obama talks about. it is your distortion and lies that are the problem with American politics, not Palin's or Obama's "rhetoric"...

Back
Top Bottom