• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump blames constitution for chaos of his first 100 days

Tres,

Do you think Trump knows that his political team, the Republicans, treasure and value the constitution? And that they often use it as a measuring stick for why they are correct and the Democrats are wrong? Does Trump know that Conservatives value the Constitution?

Trump is simply an excellent example of the Peter priciple. ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

Tres,

Do you think Trump knows that his political team, the Republicans, treasure and value the constitution? And that they often use it as a measuring stick for why they are correct and the Democrats are wrong? Does Trump know that Conservatives value the Constitution?

Trump doesn't have the slightest clue about what conservatives value. That comes from not being one until he decided he wanted to be President.

But to answer your question seriously, I don't think Trump gives a rats ass what the Republicans think. He only thinks what he wants to think and what he thinks will get him the most applause at rallies. I don't think he has the slightest idea what's contained in the Constitution.

Why doesn't someone in the White House tell this guy to SHUT UP.

Seriously...can they not see that almost every time he opens his mouth, he either says something that is blatantly wrong or really goofy/weird.

He does not have to do these interviews - why his 'people' don't try and stop him is beyond me.

My guess is that ratings mean everything to him and interviews are his chance for more coverage. Because I cannot think of any other reason why he does these things.

When he calls the US Constiution archaic, then you can ask me how I feel about it.

How did you feel about Obama calling it a charter of negative liberties ?

Trump called it archaic and bad for the country.

Regarding Obama's statements on the Constitution... So, Trump is Obama. Trump is as bad as Obama?

Obama called it a charter of negative liberties, does that count ??

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/arti...obamas-poor-understanding-of-the-constitution

"a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you. Says what the federal government can't do to you but doesn't say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf."

That's correct. What's the problem? He's recognizing the Constitution serves to recognize and enumerate natural rights and thus restrict the liberty of the government.

Do you believe the Constitution creates natural rights?

Trump doesn't have the slightest clue about what conservatives value. That comes from not being one until he decided he wanted to be President.

But to answer your question seriously, I don't think Trump gives a rats ass what the Republicans think. He only thinks what he wants to think and what he thinks will get him the most applause at rallies. I don't think he has the slightest idea what's contained in the Constitution.

That may be why the Khan feud wounded him so badly. He knows deep down that when Khan asked him if he's ever even read the U.S. Constitution, the answer is No.

He said that in 2001. The Warren court that first used that term. Hopefully he learned better when he actually got a job working in politics.

The old Obama false equivalency move is a worn out move.. and if you think about how much trash Fenton has talked on Obama,

you'd think he wouldn't want to lower Trump down into the abyss reserved for heathen constitution hating Democrats like Obama.

The old Obama false equivalency move is a worn out move.. and if you think about how much trash Fenton has talked on Obama,

you'd think he wouldn't want to lower Trump down into the abyss reserved for heathen constitution hating Democrats like Obama.

You forgot Kenyan Muslim heathen constitution hating Democrats like Obama.

Pres Trump is finding the checks and balances built into the Constitution a challenge when governing. Pay particular attention to paragraph 4:

He blamed the constitutional checks and balances built in to US governance. “It’s a very rough system,” he said. “It’s an archaic system … It’s really a bad thing for the country.” D. Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...stitution-for-first-100-days-chaos-presidency

Its like the guy just got a basic civics lesson, and the checks and balances are something new to him, or is it he finds them rather cumbersome. No one wonder he admires Putin who has no similar restraints on his power.

Sorry, I watched the intervew, not once did he say the US Constituion was archaic and bad for the Country.

It looked like he was refering to his disappoint with the Republican Congress and the Guardian used a bit of artistic license to attribute his frustrations to US Constitution.

I find the Lefts selective outrage over this to be incredibly hypocritical by the way

Obama's lack of Constitutional comprehension was dismal and he taught Comstitional law at the University of Chicago.

The question is, what is that Bush did that unconstitutional ??

1. Invading a country on false pretenses leading to the deaths of thousands of US soldiers.

2. Authorizing the monitoring of Americans' emails/phone calls through NSA without going through FISA court.

3. Encouraging FBI to examine the personal records of Americans who were not suspected of illegal acts.

He said that in 2001. The Warren court that first used that term. Hopefully he learned better when he actually got a job working in politics.

I think you're misreading what he said. The Constitution is about limiting the government's liberty in recognition of natural rights. That's correct. It's incorrect to misread the negative liberties as referring to individuals.

Lol ! I guess I didnt get the memo that Obama's past was officially off-limits.

Its not false equivalency to call you people out on your hypocrisy

Lol ! I guess I didnt get the memo that Obama's past was officially off-limits.

Its not false equivalency to call you people out on your hypocrisy

You assume I care about Obama and his legacy. I do not. But, what you did was come into a thread about Trump disparaging a document you claim to value above all other law, and then say Obama did it too, effectively putting Trump on Obama's level.

Pres Trump is finding the checks and balances built into the Constitution a challenge when governing. Pay particular attention to paragraph 4:

He blamed the constitutional checks and balances built in to US governance. “It’s a very rough system,” he said. “It’s an archaic system … It’s really a bad thing for the country.” D. Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...stitution-for-first-100-days-chaos-presidency

Its like the guy just got a basic civics lesson, and the checks and balances are something new to him, or is it he finds them rather cumbersome. No one wonder he admires Putin who has no similar restraints on his power.

That's our Trumpy. You really have to love his nuttiness.

I wonder how many of his supporters would ditch the Constitution if it resulted in them getting their way? 50%, 60% 80%? All of them?

There was no indication of that. From his unconsitutional recess appointments to his his decision to take out Khadafi to the numerous changes he made to the ACA.

There was no indication of that. From his unconsitutional recess appointments to his his decision to take out Khadafi to the numerous changes he made to the ACA.

No clue what Khadafi has to do with what he said the Constitution says about what the states governments and Federal government can't do to citizens.

You assume I care about Obama and his legacy. I do not. But, what you did was come into a thread about Trump disparaging a document you claim to value above all other law, and then say Obama did it too, effectively putting Trump on Obama's level.

Lol.... Now YOUR'E drawing false equivalencies.

Trump bitching about the process isnt comparable to Obama's unconstitutional recess appointents for example, or his desire to interpret natural rights as he sees fit.

When Trump violates the Consituion Ill be as outraged as any good Conservative should be.

Lol.... Now YOUR'E drawing false equivalencies.

Trump bitching about the process isnt comparable to Obama's unconstitutional recess appointents for example, or his desire to interpret natural rights as he sees fit.

When Trump violates the Consituion Ill be as outraged as any good Conservative should be.

I find it highly unlikely considering he's already violated the emoluments clause.

Trump disparaged the Constitution and called it bad for the country. He clearly has no idea that conservatives value it at all, and will continue to demonstrate his ignorance. My trust that conservatives will call him on this could not be more slackened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No clue what Khadafi has to do with what he said the Constitution says about what the states governments and Federal government can't do to citizens.

Obama's actions spoke louder than his words in 2001, but his words were a open window into a ideology that sees the US Constitution as a impediment to a Progressive agenda.

Unfortunately, those words were lost on too many Americans. Obama calling the Consitional a charter of negative liberties was his was of saying it removed the Govts authority to define those liberties as they saw fit.

That absolutely undermines the concept of natural law, and the US Constitution.

Obama's actions spoke louder than his words in 2001, but his words were a open window into a ideology that sees the US Constitution as a impediment to a Progressive agenda.

Unfortunately, those words were lost on too many Americans. Obama calling the Consitional a charter of negative liberties was his was of saying it removed the Govts authority to define those liberties as they saw fit.

What were Obama's actions in 2001?

A lot of his EOs are undoing the EOs of Obama so what's not to like?

Oh no no no... Moving them goalposts again I see. It wasn't the content you guys were bitching about so much. It was just the use of EO's regardless of content that you guys were bitching about. Now you are saying its about undoing the content. tsk tsk tsk...

As has been said many times. The type of the EO's is what matters. Not how many.

And here's another one doing the same thing. You guys were complaining back then about how he was subverting the constitutional process with EO's. It wasn't about content then. It was about the practice. But now... its a whole different story because ya'll love the practice now. Hypocrits.

That's gibberish.

No, he was recognizing natural rights and that the Constitution did not create rights, it enumerated them and limited government power. The "negative liberties" refers to government liberty, not individual.

Back
Top Bottom