• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Barack Obama want to be re-elected in 2012?

Hmmm....Interesting question. What do you all think? Does he? Or is he going to be content just screwing everything up and leaving? And what does this do to future African American's that may want to run in the future?

j-mac

Interesting op-ed... why did you post it in this forum?

Don't feel sorry me. Fox leans right that's for sure. It doesn't mean they don't tell the truth. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't watch Fox. No wonder they have no idea what's going on in this administration.

Actually I feel bad for anyone who watches any of our 24 hour news stations. They are all complete crap.

The more you know about Barry the more amazed you are that he isn't behind bars.

images-4.jpg

Looks good don't he? :lamo

Oh, look. I thought I'd never have to see this **** again after I left Delphi. Thanks.

Does Barack Obama want to be re-elected in 2012?

I recall that he mentioned early in his term that he didn't expect to be a two-term president, and did not know if he would run again.

Goober is a term of endearment where I come from...but if you want to get pissy...thats OK too...

Where I come from a goober is a hocker which is a thick viscous wad of yellow mucus that originates below the sinus cavity before it is expelled. So you'll have to excuse me when I find offense when called one. ;)

The simple fact that the fiscal 'war costs' are ALWAYS either OVER or UNDER estimated...depending on who is calculating them and what their poltical agenda is.

Every mission flown by our aircraft...would be flown in peacetime for training. Every bomb dropped would be dropped in peacetime. Its what the military does. When we arent fighting we are training. To the same levels? No...of course not. BUT...since combat ops were suspended soldiers fire their weapons LESS than they would during peacetime training operations.

What! :shock: Not only not at the same levels but not even close! You're telling me the Air Force and Navy fly a similar number of sorties during peace time as they do during war? Not hardly! And although we dropped BDU's and few live bombs from our aircraft (Yes I served) there is no way in hell we came anywhere near the level of war time. For one thing we wouldn't be able to afford it and we wouldn't waste the resources. :roll:

Those dollars paid to American contractors go into bank accounts that momma or daddy are using at home to buy goods and services...to provide for the kids...to buy cars and houses. Those soldiers that are deployed...momma is still home...paying the bills and also the hazardous duty, separation pay, and other extra dollars.

Those would be better spent in other ways. I'd rather take those same dollars and invest in our infrastructure vs. destroying someone elses. And the embassy we built in Iraq bigger than the Vatican really pisses me off!

You brought up the cost of war...just be honest enough to figure the whole picture and not the part that is convenient for you.

Same goes to you.

And for the record...you may not have seen it before, but the reason there is a 'Libertarian' by my name on the polling and voting records is because I was disgusted by the lack of fiscal responsibility demonstrated by the republicans.

Well good for you! But why are you defending a war that is bleeding our treasury? I honestly don't know of any libertarian that would even think of such a thing.

Both sides have spent us into that 14 trillion dollar hole. Not just Obama. Not just Bush. There is no way people CANT see that but there are a whole lotta people that WONT see that.

I will agree on that. I'm just seeing a lot of Obama did it and he's the worst president blah blah blah on this site. Same thing we heard from the left when Bush was president. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Where I come from a goober is a hocker which is a thick viscous wad of yellow mucus that originates below the sinus cavity before it is expelled. So you'll have to excuse me when I find offense when called one. ;)

What! :shock: Not only not at the same levels but not even close! You're telling me the Air Force and Navy fly a similar number of sorties during peace time as they do during war? Not hardly! And although we dropped BDU's and few live bombs from our aircraft (Yes I served) there is no way in hell we came anywhere near the level of war time. For one thing we wouldn't be able to afford it and we wouldn't waste the resources. :roll:

Those would be better spent in other ways. I'd rather take those same dollars and invest in our infrastructure vs. destroying someone elses. And the embassy we built in Iraq bigger than the Vatican really pisses me off!

Same goes to you.

Well good for you! But why are you defending a war that is bleeding our treasury? I honestly don't know of any libertarian that would even think of such a thing.

I will agree on that. I'm just seeing a lot of Obama did it and he's the worst president blah blah blah on this site. Same thing we heard from the left when Bush was president. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Defending the war? Simply stating facts. Clinton sent us to war over genocide. he attacked Iraq 8 separate times over WMDs. Bush took us to war over genocide, WMDs, and ties to global terrorism. Agree with it or dont...I dont give a ****. But dont pretend it is something that it isnt. I can promise you this...If Bush was a democrat every democrat that 'protests' the war in Iraq wouldnt have said a thing. They would have supported it as necessary. I was active duty with Clinton and Bush. Active duty you dont get to sit back and qualify or debate.

You served...you know...we train all the time. Of course not at the same ops tempo...I DID say that...correct? Although I dont know...our aircraft typically fly 2-4 training missions a day. So that 'cost' of the war is radically exagerrated. Was there cost rebuilding? Sure. And as I have said on numerous occasions...the war effort was fought brilliantly. The peace effort sucked...start to finish. It still does.

None of the war casts changes the FACT that the democrats have controlled congress for 4 years...and that Obama and the democrat controlled house and senate have in less than two years added 4 TRILLION to our 14 trillion dollar debt. Hate on Bush and the war all you want...it doesnt change the relevant FACTS.

Last edited:
Pardon me if I don't take more Obama parrots claiming the same. In any case I believe that the Wars plural, and total so far even if you say it cost a trillion dollars over the going on ten years, Obama has spent at least twice that in 18 months....You are kidding yourself if you think America is going to buy this blame it on Bush thing forever.

You guys are on this look back at history kick. Increasing the tax load causes less revenue. It is proven.

Is Afghanistan needless? Why is Barry still there? Are the 50K troops still in Iraq needless? That's Barry too. so what's up there Joe? I know, it's Bush's fault right?

j-mac

Says the man who reads American nonThinker. :lamo :lamo :lamo

Seriously dude. Yu can't look at mainstream media and dismiss it while presenting lame and out right inaccurate dogma. It is just silly for you to do so. I know you don't like the facts, but your not liking them don't change them. ;)

Oh, j, about Afghanistan, . . there is a concern in Afghanistan. Invading was the wrong way to handle it, but it was understandable (I've said this from day one). And if you've been listening, I disagree with Obama and his actions in Afghanistan. But, we'll see how it plays out.

However, for this discussion, the fact that we are doing something, something started before, does not present an adequate argument that it is the correct action. It's a common mistake made by your side all too ofe.

;)

Defending the war? Simply stating facts. Clinton sent us to war over genocide. he attacked Iraq 8 separate times over WMDs. Bush took us to war over genocide, WMDs, and ties to global terrorism. Agree with it or dont...I dont give a ****. But dont pretend it is something that it isnt. I can promise you this...If Bush was a democrat every democrat that 'protests' the war in Iraq wouldnt have said a thing. They would have supported it as necessary. I was active duty with Clinton and Bush. Active duty you dont get to sit back and qualify or debate.

You served...you know...we train all the time. Of course not at the same ops tempo...I DID say that...correct? Although I dont know...our aircraft typically fly 2-4 training missions a day. So that 'cost' of the war is radically exagerrated. Was there cost rebuilding? Sure. And as I have said on numerous occasions...the war effort was fought brilliantly. The peace effort sucked...start to finish. It still does.

None of the war casts changes the FACT that the democrats have controlled congress for 4 years...and that Obama and the democrat controlled house and senate have in less than two years added 4 TRILLION to our 14 trillion dollar debt. Hate on Bush and the war all you want...it doesnt change the relevant FACTS.

You know I could post all kinds of links to refute everything you've said but frankly it's not worth it. I not only do not have the time I do not have the inclination to do so, and then hear more bologna thrown back at me. I'll will say it's obvious you never served or dealt with miltary logistics or you'd not be making these outrageous claims about how peace time is not much different than war time when it comes to expendatures and missions.

You know I could post all kinds of links to refute everything you've said but frankly it's not worth it. I not only do not have the time I do not have the inclination to do so, and then hear more bologna thrown back at me. I'll will say it's obvious you never served or dealt with miltary logistics or you'd not be making these outrageous claims about how peace time is not much different than war time when it comes to expendatures and missions.

I STATED the ops tempo was different. I ALSO stated that assholes routinely inflate or deflate figures based on whatever suits their motivation. I ALSO didnt try to justify the war or even the cost of the war. Point of fact...all I DID was point out the hypocrisy and inconsistencies in YOUR position...and frankly...I think thats what has got you twisted. Go back to your original entry where you took a thread about whether Obama wants to get reelected into yet another inane anti war rant (no...wait...NOT an antiwar rant...an antiBUSH war rant...because you excused and justified Clintons war against the Serbs (which we are still paying for and still deploying in support of) and Clintons 8 separate attacks against Iraq.

As to the 'actual costs'...we train daily. We fly sorties daily. We pay for soldiers salaries daily. And those war costs where we are spending above and beyond are by and large going BACK into the economy...again...part of your little stimulus diversion.

But by all means...search the internet...filter out the ones that just support YOUR position if you want. I agree...THATS an inane exercise.

Back
Top Bottom