• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dislike of America increases Worldwide ~ polls

I know lots of Americans couldn't give a toss what the world thinks of them, but hey FYI. This is a world poll conducted across the Globe

This is true, and the reason is most people over 20 realize it's meaningless. If we screw up, the world disapproves. If we do the right thing, the world disapproves. After a while, world disapproval is like a constant background hum that we don't hear anymore.

GySgt said:
Where's the insult? It's a matter of fact.

You whine about Iraq, but then you voice that it is noble to help people. This is a hypocrite. Your excuse that Iraq wasn't OK, because we haven't invaded all dictatorships is also very definitive of the left who dance around such topics. Your excuse of money is also hypocritical to your stance that "it is noble to help people." I guess it's noble if it doesn't cost much.

Your only response is to simplistically point out that I left out an "e" on hypocrite? Maybe it's best if you just don't reply at all.

Here's a Gunny I haven't seen before. Toying with a mouse just because it's fun? Oh, I'm not criticizing Gunny, just that it's, ah, a side of you I haven't seen before. Frankly, it's kind of stooping to my level, don't you think?

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
I really don't give a sh!t, fuc/k Europe.

You know the reason why the majority of Europeans don't like the current American administration it because that the administartion has had the same attitute to us as good old TOTty here. Its not Israel as America has supported Israel for decades and the surge of Europes dislike of America is only recent.

It's totty attitute that we dislike about the American attitute. "Our way is the right way, screw what the world thinks."
Europe and America should be partners, that is no way to treat a partner.

George_Washington said:
Besides, I don't see how your country, in particular, dislikes Americans. I was there last year and everyone was very friendly. I never once had a person say they hated me for being an American. And they knew I was because of my accent.

We dont dislike every American, we are more than willing to judge the person not the place they were from.

We dislike teh current administration because tehy act like TOT to the rest of the world. This cowboy attitute "I couldn't give a **** what you think" bravado - that is what we hate about America.
But we also know that not every American has this characteristic. So to say were dislike EVERY American would be incorrect.

GarzaUK said:
You know the reason why the majority of Europeans don't like the current American administration it because that the administartion has had the same attitute to us as good old TOTty here. Its not Israel as America has supported Israel for decades and the surge of Europes dislike of America is only recent.

It's totty attitute that we dislike about the American attitute. "Our way is the right way, screw what the world thinks."
Europe and America should be partners, that is no way to treat a partner.

Partners? PARTNERS!!!??? Western Europe is not nor has it ever been our partner in anything you smile in our faces and then stab us in our backs, we have sacrificed our blood and our treasure to save you from tyranny for far to long and now that we look for some help in our war on terror you abandon us when we needed you most, the closest thing we have to an ally in Western Europe is Britain, the Eastern European nations are far better allies then Western Europe will ever be. We don't need nor do we want your help any longer, we'll take a few battle hardened Iraqi and the Afghani regulars over ten battalions of French and Germans any day of the week.

Well that´s their problem not ours. Whether we do the right thing or not the world will always dissaprove it just because they don´t like us. I say to the rest of the world, that´s our point of view and that´s how we do things here in the US, if you don´t agree or you don´t like it tough. We won´t change for anyone´s sake.

teacher said:
Who started this thread? Robin? I gotta go look. Friggin Garza UK. Figures. And Garza, we could give a rat's ass what you think even less than what the rest of the world thinks of us. They cash our checks. If they really hated us they would return them unsigned. Nice try in your latest in the long list of America bashing. How about you give me a link to a political site in your backwater Garza and I'll go there and trash whatever spittoon you live in. Turn about is fair play eh?

It's not America bashing to tell and GIVE PROOF in what the world thinks of America at the present time. I didn't do the poll. :roll:

I started this thread to gauge what American response would be. I'm sad to say I'm not surprised by some of the comments here. Arrogance is never a likeable trait.

Why do you assume I live in a backwater?

chgalacher said:
Well that´s their problem not ours. Whether we do the right thing or not the world will always dissaprove it just because they don´t like us. I say to the rest of the world, that´s our point of view and that´s how we do things here in the US, if you don´t agree or you don´t like it tough. We won´t change for anyone´s sake.

Not true. All of NATO declared war on Afganistan and for the first time intutiated article 8 (or was it 4). So Europe supported you over Afghanistan.

GarzaUK said:
Not true. All of NATO declared war on Afganistan and for the first time intutiated article 8 (or was it 4). So Europe supported you over Afghanistan.

Woopedy crap they didn't do anything, it was the Northern Alliance backed by U.S. air cover and Special Forces that won the war in Afghanistan, so like I said give me a few battle hardened Afghani regulars over ten German and French battalions any day of the week.

Woopedy crap they didn't do anything, it was the Northern Alliance backed by U.S. air cover and Special Forces that won the war in Afghanistan, so like I said give me a few battle hardened Afghani regulars over ten German and French battalions any day of the week.

Last time I checked their is now more European soliders in Afghanistan keeping the peace than Americans.

GarzaUK said:
Last time I checked their is now more European soliders in Afghanistan keeping the peace than Americans.

Last time I checked that's because there isn't any fighting going on in Afghanistan. The Americans are doing the real fighting against Islamic Fascism in Iraq.

Hence the military's SWA or "South West Asia Medal" issued out for action in the Middle East during the Gulf War.

Partners? PARTNERS!!!??? Western Europe is not nor has it ever been our partner in anything you smile in our faces and then stab us in our backs, we have sacrificed our blood and our treasure to save you from tyranny for far to long and now that we look for some help in our war on terror you abandon us when we needed you most, the closest thing we have to an ally in Western Europe is Britain, the Eastern European nations are far better allies then Western Europe will ever be. We don't need nor do we want your help any longer, we'll take a few battle hardened Iraqi and the Afghani regulars over ten battalions of French and Germans any day of the week.

Add the Poles and Belgians to our list of die hard allies. The Poles especially have sacrificed a lot over the centuries for freedom and they have always been there for us, despite the fact that we shafted them after WWII.

German soldiers are located in Chad and in Ethiopia along side Marines combatting Radical Islam. Though they often shoot unarmed black Christians while seeking the Islamic Radical element.

The French? Haven't seen them.

GySgt said:
Add the Poles and Belgians to our list of die hard allies. The Poles especially have sacrificed a lot over the centuries for freedom and they have always been there for us, despite the fact that we shafted them after WWII.

German soldiers are located in Chad and in Ethiopia along side Marines combatting Radical Islam. Though they often shoot unarmed black Christians while seeking the Islamic Radical element.

The French? Haven't seen them.

I said Eastern Europe (that would be the Poles) I did forget about the Belgians though.

Deegan said:
And the U.K, who just got served their own 9/11, on 3/11, and we are fighting side by side to fight the evil that would do these thing?
As far as I know the London bombers came from England & most of the 9/11 bombers came from Saudi & none came from Iraq.
Yet you think the Iraq war is to fight terror !
Or maybe the Iraq war for oil ?
Or is it against WMD's that didn't exist ?
You Americans just can't make your minds up can you :roll:

Last edited:
Well there is a reason why PNAC is posted on the web, To generate hate for America.

See what the Moscow times said about it.

"Not since Mein Kampf has a geopolitical punch been so blatantly telegraphed years ahead of the blow."
http://www.radioliberty.com/nlmar03.html

They are creating the bias for WWIII, on Purpose so Solution can be offered.

robin said:
As far as I know the London bombers came from England & most of the 9/11 bombers came from Saudi & none came from Iraq.

This war spans much further then Iraq, and we are indeed fighting side by side. I have heard your opinion of Iraq ad nauseam, this is about fighting terrorism, and it matters little who they are, where they are from, but where they are now, and how we can work together to stop them.

America shold be more honest in her foreign policy. She should also make sure people who receive our help know where its coming from .
We should remove our troops from Germany and send them to help in Iraq. We should not be in such a hurry to save Europes bacon when they screw things up.
We should do more to support allies like Britain and Australia.

robin said:

Blah blah blah...CIA and Pinochet and stupid America.:roll: Doesn't your obtuse lack of vision ever get old for you?

I don't see how we're always seen as the saviours in WWII. Yes we were a huge force (esp. in the pacific), but without the Russians, without the British, Germany would have definately won. It was a collective battle that we won. If America didn't see Germany as a direct threat to our interests, the US congress would have hardly cared to help Europe. So don't add in the moral bullshiiit about how our government "seflessly saved" Europe. We saved them in response to our own interests.

Secondly, I don't see how they stabbed us in the backs either. Just becuase they don't support us on the war in iraq doesn't mean they betrayed us. half the american population didn't support the war in iraq...if our own country can't decide, why should we expect the world to follow us.

Last time I checked that's because there isn't any fighting going on in Afghanistan. The Americans are doing the real fighting against Islamic Fascism in Iraq.

but sadaam's government was hardly islamic fascism. It was secular dictatorship. In terms of islam, Iraq was one of the most progressive.

nkgupta80 said:
I don't see how we're always seen as the saviours in WWII. Yes we were a huge force (esp. in the pacific), but without the Russians, without the British, Germany would have definately won. It was a collective battle that we won. If America didn't see Germany as a direct threat to our interests, the US congress would have hardly cared to help Europe. So don't add in the moral bullshiiit about how our government "seflessly saved" Europe. We saved them in response to our own interests.

Secondly, I don't see how they stabbed us in the backs either. Just becuase they don't support us on the war in iraq doesn't mean they betrayed us. half the american population didn't support the war in iraq...if our own country can't decide, why should we expect the world to follow us.

but sadaam's government was hardly islamic fascism. It was secular dictatorship. In terms of islam, Iraq was one of the most progressive.

Good Post!!!! :applaud :applaud

JOHNYJ said:
America shold be more honest in her foreign policy.
As should all governments, tell me of one honest government.
JOHNYJ said:
She should also make sure people who receive our help know where its coming from .
Not sure of where you may be comming from, please expand more on this.
JOHNYJ said:
We should remove our troops from Germany and send them to help in Iraq.
I agree we may need more troops in Iraq but we have enough in this country to deploy and some not all from other countries such as Germany.
JOHNYJ said:
We should not be in such a hurry to save Europes bacon when they screw things up.
I agree
JOHNYJ said:
We should do more to support allies like Britain and Australia.
I would agree as well but I would go further and say Australia and Britain should do more t6o support us as well.

GySgt said:
Blah blah blah...CIA and Pinochet and stupid America.:roll: Doesn't your obtuse lack of vision ever get old for you?
Seriously pathetic usual one liner dismisal from you that always includes the words 'blah', 'CIA', 'Pinochet', 'stupid' & 'America'.
You forgot 'basher' & 'liberal'. Now go onto one of your crusader sermons about 0.01% of Muslims are terrorists so we better invade every Muslim country :roll:
How about keeping the freekin wasps out of your own backyard or keeping an eye on the wasps in your own backyard, then they won't sting you will they... or is that too simple for you ?
Come to think.. considering the lack of controls & security in your own government's bio weapons research labs where anthrax was being produced even though the US signed up to an agreement not to & where workers there could do WTF they wanted with little or no supervision, there's not much hope of 'American Inteligence' which is a contradition in terms, or ever getting homeland security to decent levels :roll:
As for the 'oil'... there's an alternative in the form of bio fuels. Production levels would be well underway now were it not for short termism & the excessive influence of oil companies.

Last edited:
nkgupta80 said:

Your knowledge of history, or lack there of, is staggering, if it wasn't for the lend lease program Britain and Russia would have fallen under the third reich. If it had not been for the U.S. sacrificing our treasure at the outset through the lend lease program the allies would have lost if it had not been the U.S. sacrificing our blood starting in '41 then the allies would have lost.

Secondly, they have stabbed us in the back by making back alley treatise with the tyrant Saddam and selling out their ally for cheap oil.

Thirdly, Saddam being labeled a pure secularlist is simply a falsehood towards the end of his reign he was aligning himself with Islamic radicals, including AlQaeda, and training thousands of them at Salmon Pak. He saw himself as the next Saladid or Ebekenzer and was positioning himself as a hero for Islam.

Back
Top Bottom