• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dislike of America increases Worldwide ~ polls

Dondie said:
I agree with your statement! A little short in 'my opinion' though. People around the world look at us (U.S.A.) as,well,bullies! And justifiiably so. We have troops in at least 200+ countries around the world.

Um... to defend them.

Dondie said:
We are killing woman,children in the name of what?

Freedom. It's unfortunate that innocents die in war but that's reality. Try naming a major country that has an untainted history.

Dondie said:
In the middle east, Israel is the one who are the terrorists.

And Arab bombers are peacemakers?

Dondie said:
They have no more,if less,right to be in controll. Israel has no ligit claim to the land.

If one were to completely ignore human history then your claim might have merit.

Dondie said:
The Arabs see American planes,tanks, bulldozers etc. being used by israel.(killing woman &children) Kinda would tick em off a bit,ey?

..and Americans see Arabs killing our women and children. Kinda would tick us off a bit, ey?

Dondie said:
The world sees this,and from being the worlds most repected Nation,we don't look so good anymore. Our foreign policy 'sucks'.

And what if our campaign in the Middle East is successful? 50 years down the road, will our current foreign policy suck?

Dondie said:
Stay out of their affairs. And let that mini terrorist state fend for themselves. Enough American blood and $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Isolationism may have been an option 150 years ago. Unfortunately, things have changed slightly.

Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
and according to your post you think that Americans are and I quote:
According to my post, I said that's what the rest of the world thinks of Americans. And the way we are acting at the moment, I have to agree with them. Tell me this isn't true!

It's not true.
Nice try. I know you better. And I know you do not believe this. You want too. But you don't.

Billo_Really said:
Nice try. I know you better. And I know you do not believe this. You want too. But you don't.

So now you're a mind reader?

Americans are the most generous kind people on the face of the plannet. That's not what I want to believe that's the truth.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:

Americans are the most generous kind people on the face of the plannet. That's not what I want to believe that's the truth.

It is certainly not.

The U.S. is 22nd in percentage of GDP donated to foreign countries.

And I should give a sh!t about what Euro-trash think about us why exactly?
Diplomacy:

n 1: negotiation between nations [syn: diplomatic negotiations] 2: subtly skillful handling of a situation [syn: delicacy, discreetness, finesse] 3: wisdom in the management of public affairs

This is not the issue. It is not how much America gives. It is how does the world view America. You can't say were not hated.

Dondie said:
And justifiiably so. We have troops in at least 200+ countries around the world.
Interesting, very interesting. According to our State Department there are only 192 countries in the world and last I checked we're not in anywhere near all of them! You' made this number up, it is a complete falsehood.
The US State Department recognizes 192 independent countries around the world. but that list of countries reflects the political agenda of the United States of America. As an example, it does not include Taiwan as China claims that Taiwan is simply a province of China.
Source: http://worldatlas.com/nations.htm

Your entire statement is ridiculous. Calling Israel terrorists is like calling Bush a genius, no way either is half true.

Originally posted by 26X Champs:
Your entire statement is ridiculous. Calling Israel terrorists is like calling Bush a genius, no way either is half true.
What are you talking about. Israel is not a terrorist nation. But they have done their share of terrorist acts.

I can't say I give a sh!t.
Which is the very reason people are getting their heads chopped off.

GarzaUK said:
I know lots of Americans couldn't give a toss what the world thinks of them, but hey FYI. This is a world poll conducted across the Globe

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/4674656.stm

Good views on China and Russia have been decreasing. Every country polled looked on Europe with good light.
Only Iran is more disliked than the US. Sorry guys. :smile:

This is ridiculous. Virtually ever super power has been said to be disliked at the height of their power. Rome was certainly hated by many, many different groups. France and England were both hated in their primes, need I remind you of how much you guys were constantly fighting? And Lord as soon as Germany became a super power in the late 1800's, it was held the burden of resentment, as well. It's like if you compare the reputation of anybody who is powerful. Take Bill Gates, for example. Many people dislike him because of his power and influence. Religious leaders like the Pope have also been disliked. Heck, look how hated Jesus and Christians were in the early days.

It is good to be well liked in the world, yes, but that doesn't mean we should just pander to countries that don't share our political views.

Besides, I don't see how your country, in particular, dislikes Americans. I was there last year and everyone was very friendly. I never once had a person say they hated me for being an American. And they knew I was because of my accent.

Also, a similiar comparison could be made of a student at school. If the student is disliked, does that reflect more on himself or perhaps the lesser apptitude and ignorance of his peers?

And here in reality it's by far a larger amount than any other country. You give the poor percentages I'll give them dollars.

And I say that totals are meaningless. If we have the capacity to give more, should we not?

Billo_Really said:
Which is the very reason people are getting their heads chopped off.

No the reason why people are getting their heads chopped off is because of radical Islamic-Fascism.

And as Dennis Miller said: "Are enemy is not terrorism it is militant Islamic extremism and we have to start saying that more often and if we don't we're going to have another 9-11 because if history has taught us anything it is that it repeats itself... And we have to start saying that more often and if we don't we're going to have another 9-11 because if history has taught us anything it is that it repeats itself."

THE BOTTOM LINE IS, FOR AMERICA TO GET THE HELL OUT OF THE REST OF THE WORLDS BS. AND TAKE CARE OF OF OUR OWN BORDERS. (unemployment,jobs going over where ever,economy going down the tubes etc.LOOK AROUND! THE HELL WITH PROTECTING OTHER BORDERS WHEN WE WON'T TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN. AND IF YOU COULD,(THE REST OF YOU,(nations)IF COULD DO IT,DO IT!'WITHOUT AMERICAN TAX PAYER DOLLARS'. IF ANY PERSON LIVING IN ANOTHER COUNTRY DISAGREES...TS,
AND (AMERICANS)AS FAR AS THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN "AMERICA" FIRST, TAKE OFF THOSE ROSE COLORED GLASSES... and smell the roses.THERE ARE "NO" PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WHO DESERVE OUR BLOOD AND MONEY, MORE THAN WE! AMERICA FIRST !!

Engimo said:
And I say that totals are meaningless. If we have the capacity to give more, should we not?

Why should we? If the fact that we currently give more money in foreign aid than any other country doesn't help the worlds perception of the U.S. then why the hell should we give them more money?

Engimo said:

If we have the capacity to give more? What's our current budget defecit? Half a trillion dollars? Not to mention the fact that most of the countries who contribute more as a percentage of their GDP have almost no military to speak of because our tax dollars are being spent to defend them.

No the reason why people are getting their heads chopped off is because of radical Islamic-Fascism.

And as Dennis Miller said: "Are enemy is not terrorism it is militant Islamic extremism and we have to start saying that more often and if we don't we're going to have another 9-11 because if history has taught us anything it is that it repeats itself... And we have to start saying that more often and if we don't we're going to have another 9-11 because if history has taught us anything it is that it repeats itself."
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Billo_Really said:
Seeing is believing. The whole world thinks Americans are a bunch of stupid, selfish, assholes that watch too much TV. And I couldn't agree more.
How about this poll?

We (insert nation) hate America like poison. That is a given and we all understand this. Yet when our sorry asses are in the sling we have no trouble at all asking them for help and taking their money.

Choices:

1.True.
2.Very true.
3.I named my retrarded dog Billo because that's the only name he answers to.

Jesus, Billo. I swear, everytime I look at your post count, it grows by a thousand.

Originally posted by teacher:
How about this poll?

We (insert nation) hate America like poison. That is a given and we all understand this. Yet when our sorry asses are in the sling we have no trouble at all asking them for help and taking their money.

Choices:

1.True.
2.Very true.
3.I named my retrarded dog Billo because that's the only name he answers to.
I named my dog "Stay" just to retard him when I call, "Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!"

Billo_Really said:
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Funny you bring up Egypt.....The Muslim Brotherhood was created in 1928 in Egypt. Most Islamic terrorists are members. This would negate "American Foreign Policy" as the culprit. It's merely a scapegoat for desperate people. Without it, they would simply blame something or someone else - especially the "Apolcalyptic" terrorists.

As far as not being liked.....meh. The Radical Islamic movement is well inside Europe and growing. Those countries that scoff at us now will look for help in the future - just like they have done so many times in the past. "Old Europe" has devoured American lives and consumed our wealth. The regressive societies of the Middle East are sick—and contagious— with hatred, jealousy, and congenital disrepair. Whenever the United States is forced to engage cultures whose glory days are behind them, we win, but we often pay a bitter price. Our price is our current efforts for the sake of lesser conflict and death in the future. Europe will pay a worse price when their appeasements, yet again, smack them in the face - and because of this, we will pay another price when we travel half way around the world to save them.

So much for "not being liked.":roll:

Last edited:
The Real McCoy said:
If we have the capacity to give more? What's our current budget defecit? Half a trillion dollars? Not to mention the fact that most of the countries who contribute more as a percentage of their GDP have almost no military to speak of because our tax dollars are being spent to defend them.

Yes, all of our defense budget is going towards the defense of China.

We spend nearly as much on our military as the entire world combined. 7 times more than China, who happens to have 3 times the population of us. Yes, we should be helping other countries more. If we have the money to throw away on a bloated military, we certainly have the money for social welfare programs and foreign aid.

Back
Top Bottom