• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat majority Congress passes Cannabis decriminalization bill. Will GOP Senate block?

To be honest, I don't really mind them tacking a little tax on. Prices are so low now that a reasonable tax wouldn't be a huge deal. Or it could be up to the states, as it is now in places where its legal. And I'm not sure how immigration got into a weed thread.

My point is that one of the reasons we have so much of an illegal recreational drug problem is that the border are so open. I would be fine with decriminalizing all recreational drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, but without regulation and labeling (which have enforcement expenses) it would be very risky to buy them.

My point is that one of the reasons we have so much of an illegal recreational drug problem is that the border are so open. I would be fine with decriminalizing all recreational drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, but without regulation and labeling (which have enforcement expenses) it would be very risky to buy them.

Not only that, but think of all the drunk 12 year olds there would be.

And you don't think there are plenty of people here making things like meth?

But it is their place to do so?

That’s a good question, but it would be rather chaotic if each city, county and state had their own limits. Since it would likely involve interstate commerce, I see that as a federal matter.

You have a point, with cheap fentanyl being mixed into black market products it can be iffy…

I just grow my own, it’s as safe as my carrots…

One of things that drives immigrants here is they are fleeing narco-states virtually run by gangsters.

And you don't think there are plenty of people here making things like meth?

Of course, I do. Demand begets supply whether it’s legal or not. I just prefer to be able to buy regulated and labeled drugs.

Of course, I do. Demand begets supply whether it’s legal or not. I just prefer to be able to buy regulated and labeled drugs.

Just pointing out that it doesn't just come across the border. So then you're good with taxes?

The Democrat majority Congress just passed a bill to decriminalize Marijuana. Will the Republican majority senate block it? After all, right now, the Republicans aren't supporting anything the Democrats are supporting.

this will happen in my lifetime but not yet
the banking push will happen first

my GUESS is it will get decriminalized nationally but then states will still to match the fed or legalize

again at least in my lifetime

However only if purchased from a dispensary anything home grown should have no tax!!!
And THAT is why it will likely never be legalized. If the government can't have control over production AND taxation then don't expect it to be outright legalized.

Just pointing out that it doesn't just come across the border. So then you're good with taxes?

I think that regulation (including labeling) and taxation are fine, as with tobacco and alcohol. A big problem with ‘street drugs’ is that one has no idea what is in the package.

And THAT is why it will likely never be legalized. If the government can't have control over production AND taxation then don't expect it to be outright legalized.
Did you know it’s already taxed???

Dealers are supposed to go to the post office and purchase tax stamps for their amount of possession.

If they get busted without the stamps they get heavily fined…

At least that’s the way it used to be…

Did you know it’s already taxed???

Dealers are supposed to go to the post office and purchase tax stamps for their amount of possession.

If they get busted without the stamps they get heavily fined…

At least that’s the way it used to be…
I'm quite sure it is but if everyone can grow their own that should cut down on the need to purchase commercially, right?

I'm quite sure it is but if everyone can grow their own that should cut down on the need to purchase commercially, right?
Well In theory, but making wine beer , and spirits are just as easy but most people prefer to buy it ready made…

So you'd rather put people in prison that have them pay taxes?

Not at all, but decriminalizing was not done with either tobacco or alcohol which allows consumers to buy regulated and labeled products. Buying a package of decriminalized ‘street drugs’ (with luck of the draw contents) does not appeal to me.

Not at all, but decriminalizing was not done with either tobacco or alcohol which allows consumers to buy regulated and labeled products. Buying a package of decriminalized ‘street drugs’ (with luck of the draw contents) does not appeal to me.

Okay, then tell your reps to sponsor bills removing the regulations on those or bills adding regulations to marijuana. The solution isn't to keep putting people in jail in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom