• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat majority Congress passes Cannabis decriminalization bill. Will GOP Senate block?

They are in jail for breaking the law. When speed limits are raised they don’t refund past speeders who paid their tickets.

Moving violations aren't the same as prison time for weed, and ameliorative retroactive relief is a valid legal concept that some states HAVE indeed used to
fix past convictions.

"decriminalize"

Democrats are spineless weasels. Let me know when they grow the balls to legalize it and fix the banking problem.
If we can't get enough republican votes to decriminalize, how do you expect to get enough gop votes to legalize?

If we can't get enough republican votes to decriminalize, how do you expect to get enough gop votes to legalize?

I think you meant to write something else.

Anyways, this is just a PR move by House democrats. It's not legislation of any substance.

It doesn't move cannabis off the schedule 1 classification.

I think you meant to write something else.

Anyways, this is just a PR move by House democrats. It's not legislation of any substance.

Baby steps. Too many old idiots in Congress to go full legalization all at once.

The article states the new legislation would "remove Cannabis from the federal list of controlled substances".

The Democrat majority Congress just passed a bill to decriminalize Marijuana. Will the Republican majority senate block it? After all, right now, the Republicans aren't supporting anything the Democrats are supporting.

Why should the GOP support anything the democrats want after the years and years of asinine investigations trying to put Republicans either in prison or to just get rid of us all so the democrats can rule the world?

Pelosi certainly worked with Trump during his last 2 years, didn't she?

Payback is a bitch.

Sadly many big name republicans are heavily investing in private prisons including dick Cheney…

So there will be powerful opposition…

Those Republicans should smoke more pot and do less coke.

Well In theory, but making wine beer , and spirits are just as easy but most people prefer to buy it ready made…

I don't see where fermentation and especially distillation is as easy.

A couple good lights, a space heater, and a little fan to have a nice breeze in a basement room. Add some feminized seeds of some of the easier varieties, and some pretty minimal care. I mean, it's basically a weed. Cut the light period down when you're ready to make bud, and cut off the buds when the trichomes look like what you want. Dry, cure, and enjoy.

Of course, like any hobby there's a huge gap between dabbling and going hog wild. It really doesn't take a great deal of effort to produce some perfectly adequate bud in personal use quantities, though.

My state doesn't allow personal growing for recreational users...too tax greedy. So all the above is just theory. ;)

I don't see where fermentation and especially distillation is as easy.

A couple good lights, a space heater, and a little fan to have a nice breeze in a basement room. Add some feminized seeds of some of the easier varieties, and some pretty minimal care. I mean, it's basically a weed. Cut the light period down when you're ready to make bud, and cut off the buds when the trichomes look like what you want. Dry, cure, and enjoy.

Of course, like any hobby there's a huge gap between dabbling and going hog wild. It really doesn't take a great deal of effort to produce some perfectly adequate bud in personal use quantities, though.

My state doesn't allow personal growing for recreational users...too tax greedy. So all the above is just theory. ;)
Yiup all my info comes from old high times magazines, no real personal experience..,😁

Yiup all my info comes from old high times magazines, no real personal experience..,😁

Uh oh. I don't know how to get out of how I know about seed from overseas....

Back
Top Bottom