• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat majority Congress passes Cannabis decriminalization bill. Will GOP Senate block?

The Democrat majority Congress just passed a bill to decriminalize Marijuana. Will the Republican majority senate block it? After all, right now, the Republicans aren't supporting anything the Democrats are supporting.

It's a smart political move by the Democrats. They can run on this during the upcoming midterm election, especially if the Republicans try to block it.

Bill Maher talks about this all the time...the vast majority of Americans support this and the Democrats should have put the Republicans on the defensive on this issue a long time ago.

The Democrat majority Congress just passed a bill to decriminalize Marijuana. Will the Republican majority senate block it? After all, right now, the Republicans aren't supporting anything the Democrats are supporting.

Of course they will. Republicans won't let any good happen. That would give the Dems a "win". Republicans are unable to lead so they won't let anyone do anything.

Does the bill explain how it will be regulated and kept away from minors?

Doesn't matter what the democrats propose. It's dead on arrival in the senate. Mitch McConnell has been like that since Obama was elected.
True that.

Doesn't matter what the democrats propose. It's dead on arrival in the senate. Mitch McConnell has been like that since Obama was elected.

That doesn't mean it's a smart move on McConnell's part to block it. This is the kind of political issue that can motivate millions of Americans to vote.

yet it cost so damn much money to lock people up....we're talking 10's of thousands per year per individual........ fiscal responsible politicians eh? I don't think so. These dollars should be spent on
job creation.

You do realize the only person that can block this in the Senate is a Democrat, right?
Actually, there's a couple of, what you would call "Dino's" that vote Republican so often, they might as well be Republicans. So much so, in fact, that I call it a "Republican Senate".

Last edited:
Of course they will. Republicans won't let any good happen. That would give the Dems a "win". Republicans are unable to lead so they won't let anyone do anything.
I fear you are correct. Republicans are still so distraught at the loss of their demigod at the hands of a stuttering octogenarian, that they are on constant attack mode. No matter what Biden and/or the Democrats do.... Even if it benefits the country, they will oppose it. They are at war... Plain and simple.

Everyone can grow their own lettuce, too - and yet the supermarket still sells plenty.

Growing weed is work.
Lettuce goes bad a lot faster than weed does!

Now look, I'm no expert on this and, frankly, haven't touched the stuff in a few decades, but if I remember correctly you can easily get a quarter pound dry per plant and at least 3 harvests per year from the same rig so 4 plant rigs should get you 3 pounds of smoke a year easy. How much do you smoke? I mean, that seems like it should be enough for most people.

Actually, there's a couple of, what you would call "Dino's" that vote Republican so often, they might as well be Republicans. So much so, in fact, that I call it a "Republican Senate".
And they would be?

Only dopes use dope.

Lettuce goes bad a lot faster than weed does!

Now look, I'm no expert on this and, frankly, haven't touched the stuff in a few decades, but if I remember correctly you can easily get a quarter pound dry per plant and at least 3 harvests per year from the same rig so 4 plant rigs should get you 3 pounds of smoke a year easy. How much do you smoke? I mean, that seems like it should be enough for most people.

You can get yield that high, but it takes work. Investment. Time.

Going to the store and buying an ounce at a time is much easier.

I don't smoke the stuff but I agree with legalization.

I also think it should be taxed at the same rate as whatever the state tax is for cigarettes.
If possible this money should be ringfenced for drug and alcohol abuse centres and rehab.

You can get yield that high, but it takes work. Investment. Time.

Going to the store and buying an ounce at a time is much easier.

And besides, I can buy seeds & clones locally, but the seeds that I want can't be legally mailed from overseas.

Back
Top Bottom