• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat majority Congress passes Cannabis decriminalization bill. Will GOP Senate block?

That's a good enough reason. People really shouldn't be in jail for weed.

They are in jail for breaking the law. When speed limits are raised they don’t refund past speeders who paid their tickets.

They are in jail for breaking the law. When speed limits are raised they don’t refund past speeders who paid their tickets.

Its time for the law to be ended. Will the GOP do it?

Thank you, but it does not mention having any federal excise tax on marijuana. Instead, it links you to states with marijuana sales taxes.

Since the recreational drugs tobacco and alcohol are subject to federal excise (sin?) taxes it would make perfect sense to have a federal excise tax on marijuana. There was also no mention of a minimum age for marijuana.
However only if purchased from a dispensary anything home grown should have no tax!!!

Its time for the law to be ended. Will the GOP do it?

Without regulation and taxation, I doubt it. Are you in favor of dropping the regulation and taxation of alcohol and tobacco?

Without regulation and taxation, I doubt it. Are you in favor of dropping the regulation and taxation of alcohol and tobacco?

Regulation, no. Taxes, yes.

Did you not see where I am in favor of regulation?

We have loads immigration regulation (aka federal laws) - the only problem is that, due to a claimed ‘lack of resources’, it is largely unenforced. The odds of adequate regulation enforcement without taxation to fund it are slim.

OK, let’s do that for alcohol and tobacco.
I’m fascinated with distillation and would love to grow tobacco so I’m good with that…

We have loads immigration regulation (aka federal laws) - the only problem is that, due to a claimed ‘lack of resources’, it is largely unenforced. The odds of adequate regulation enforcement without taxation to fund it are slim.

To be honest, I don't really mind them tacking a little tax on. Prices are so low now that a reasonable tax wouldn't be a huge deal. Or it could be up to the states, as it is now in places where its legal. And I'm not sure how immigration got into a weed thread.

Mold, mildew, theft..
Totally depends where your growing.

I grow for personal use, five or six plants in containers every year or two.

I do know people who grow outdoors and spend a lot of time on atvs watering plants…

Totally depends where your growing.

I grow for personal use, five or six plants in containers every year or two.

I do know people who grow outdoors and spend a lot of time on atvs watering plants…

We usually grow some too. Which is another nice thing about it being legal.

Back
Top Bottom