• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Delta Turns Flight Around After Multiple Passengers Refuse to Wear Masks

I doubt wearing a mask is political party thing.

The polls have consistently showed a partisan divide on mask use. Thankfully it narrowed in the most recent poll I saw, because a bunch of red states like Tennessee are getting hit hard and we ALL want to slow the spread. Too bad it took an explosion of cases and then hospitalizations, then deaths to narrow that partisan divide, so much that Trump even embraced masks for about 1 minute last week....

Here were responses in June, right as cases started to explode in the south:

PP_covid-concerns-by-party_0-09.png

Last edited:
Were they wearing masks as they entered the plane? Just saying turning a plane around disrupts a lot of people and costs a ton of money. They were assholes to go against the mask policy.
They knew before they boarded the plane.

I'm guessing they were wearing masks, and then they took it off when the plane left the gate, thinking the airline wouldn't turn around once they got going.

They thought wrong.

Make my plane turn around for bull**** like that, you're getting dragged off by the cops.

If the law mandates it, then wear the mask. People say it is not the law, well, neither is an Executive order, but they have the power of law.

If a private business mandates it, it also needs to be followed.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

The funny part is, they're ensuring Trump loses in November. All their efforts to undermine mask usage are hurting him by making the COVID numbers worse than they could have been. A virus under control in November makes Trump look like a winner. The president who got us through a crisis. A virus still rampaging out of control? Good luck, ya orange idiot.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Let Darwin do his work.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

But if masks work, why aren't you going everywhere you went previously? All you have to do is wear a mask and you are perfectly safe from catching the virus!

If they don't work, I understand you not going many places, but why wear a mask at all since they do not work?

So based on your own theory, you're behaving irrationally, since it's an either/or thing - masks work or not. You're both wearing a mask for protection, but presumably limiting your activities because you don't want to get sick, even if you are good about wearing your mask. Why?

Obviously the rest of us see your behavior as perfectly rational and consistent with all the advice on masks. But you pretend ignorance of that advice for some stupid reason. Don't know why.

:doh

:lamo

^ this is the exact person who will keep our country shutdown for longer, cause a deeper recession and make Americans have to accept handouts from the CentGov for longer.

don't forget who these people are (here and in real life).

Hate to break the news to you buddy boy---- actually the SCIENCE/BIOLOGY of the matter, but these viruses DON'T just go away if people wear masks or not. That isn't how it works. The virus ONLY may subside after the point of reaching herd immunity, either naturally, or by a suitable vaccine.... and then there is no guarantee the virus won't still mutate.

The original government shutdowns WERE NOT to stop the virus, they were to flatten the curve for an amount of time which would permit healthcare to not be overwhelmed by too many people being infected all at once as seen in Italy.

If you believe a mask will suddenly stop the virus, then you weren't paying attention in biology class. And as already stated, a mask or no mask doesn't make much difference if you are sitting next to an infected person on an airplane breathing the same air for 5 hours.

What? That is exactly my point. If masks work and you don't want the virus then you should wear one. It doesn't matter what anyone else is doing. You just proved my point.

Where have you read that masks work 100% of the time? They dont, neither does herd immunity (if even possible) or vaccines or any other single measure.

It's a cumulative thing, including staying home when possible. And we know it works **because it did** for the first couple of months and that's why we attempted to re-open things. Slowly. And it's been badly abused, by assholes that immediately stopped wearing masks (if they ever did) and congregating in numbers.

It's important to reduce numbers of infected, period, and as quickly as possible.

Previously posted: by allowing a microbe to freely and unrestrictedly circulate in a population, by definition that means millions more replications of the microbe, and millions more opportunities for virulent mutations to occur. (It works less frequently in the opposite direction because with unrestricted feeding, a microbe can afford to kill quickly). So what you recommend also opens the door to a more dangerous form of the virus.

Wherever you go there will be people not wearing masks. If the masks work then either wear them or don't go out because if you go out you are more than likely going to run into others not wearing masks. I thought your side was into facts. The fact is wherever you go there will be people not wearing masks. Why do you deny simple facts?

you're an extremely selfish dude, aren't you.

oh, and you're months behind. even your political leaders are wearing masks now. well, except for the real dumb asses.

It became one, Trump ensured that.

yup...

he's a dumb ass who loves chaos. it's why US banks won't loan the President of the United States a dime.

Hate to break the news to you buddy boy---- actually the SCIENCE/BIOLOGY of the matter, but these viruses DON'T just go away if people wear masks or not...

and if more people would take precautions/wear masks then less are infected by the time a vaccine is created/doctors figure out how to keep people alive/alternatives are discovered to save the elderly.

how come you guys don't even think about this extremely basic stuff??

and if more people would take precautions/wear masks then less are infected by the time a vaccine is created/doctors figure out how to keep people alive/alternatives are discovered to save the elderly.

how come you guys don't even think about this extremely basic stuff??

I'm not the one advocating anyone should be traveling on an airplane. That would be the airline industry pushing that, not me. I'm the guy who has been staying home (99% of the time) since early March, so you have nothing to accuse me of doing wrong. And yeah, when I walk the neighborhood either alone or with members of my household we don't wear masks, because it makes no sense to do so anyway. And if by chance I have to go to a pharmacy to pick up a prescription that I couldn't otherwise have delivered, I wear TWO masks--- a N95 (to protect me) and a paper surgical mask over that--- to make people like YOU "feel" better. But that would only be in instances where the contact exposure was extremely brief and limited in time, and still with proper social distancing--- not like being on an airplane for 5 hours.

I would contend that it IS the people going out wearing masks but not social distancing and in prolonged exposure situations (even with the masks) who are in fact spiking the disease right now.

Funny how in hospitals healthcare workers understand the necessity of BRIEF contact within a air pressure controlled environment while wearing appropriate types of mask properly worn is the only way to really hope to prevent community spread. But all of the sheeple out there with their paper and cloth masks just out and about I guess think their mask are "magic" or something. They must have bought their masks from the same person who sold Jack his magic beans!

People are rubes if they actually believe in the "mask hysteria" being sold to them.

9719327.png

Last edited:
You can not breathe in a mask. My wife has a lung disease that limits her breathing and she still can wear a mask and breathe. To put it plain, that sh*t don't fly. Get over yourself and help get rid of the virus and wear a damn mask.

The virus is not going to go away. We are all going to get it.

The virus is not going to go away. We are all going to get it.

You can make such a blanket statement that we will all get the virus, not. I went through the polio spread in the late forties and early fifties before they found a vaccine, and though it was highly contagious, not everyone got it in the years, and I do mean years before the vaccine.

You can make such a blanket statement that we will all get the virus, not. I went through the polio spread in the late forties and early fifties before they found a vaccine, and though it was highly contagious, not everyone got it in the years, and I do mean years before the vaccine.

Holy smokes you are old. Well, times are different now and everyone is gonna get it.

Back
Top Bottom