• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Delta Turns Flight Around After Multiple Passengers Refuse to Wear Masks

they actually do work.

now, are you somehow trying to argue that if they don't work 100% of the time that the x% of the time that they do work means they don't work at all? is that REALLY your argument?

If the masks work then those not wanting to catch the virus should wear one. I don't understand what the problem is.

Last edited:
So, once again you were easily proven wrong. You should be used to it.

I've already had Covid, but I still wear a mask. I'm a grown up.

a grown up who cares about other people's parents/grandparents.

Anyone who believes that an infected person sitting next to you on an airplane wearing a cloth or paper mask who's air you are still breathing for 5 hours our more still will not likely infect you is basicaly just a moron. A moron conditioned to believe that the airline industry's mask and "extra cleaning" efforts makes a difference.

Masks may help in situations where you cannot social distance during LIMITED and brief exposure, but not for hours and hours during sustained close exposure.

If the airline requires people to wear a mask, then they should wear the mask. But people who think it makes much difference either way in that scenario are just goofballs.

^ this is the exact person who will keep our country shutdown for longer, cause a deeper recession and make Americans have to accept handouts from the CentGov for longer.

don't forget who these people are (here and in real life).

I can easily believe after all these months that the masses are not aware of the failure of masks to prevent transmission.

^ And there, my friends, is your typical Trump supporter on this board.

Lefties have no self control to not riot during a pandemic? That appears to be correct after seeing video after video of these sub human losing all civility.

so, you're against Delta having it's own policies and you are for their consumers breaking those policies if they want (during, you know, an actual pandemic)?

If the masks work then those not wanting to catch the virus should wear one. I don't understand what the problem is.

It's been explained to you, you haven't challenged those explanations, so you're trolling, and it's SAD!

Only right wingers may believe the pandemic is a hoax.

all because of Rush, Sean and ...

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
— Donald Trump

what idiot told you that??

Fauci & Friends, by suggestion and insinuation. I mean it was a ****ing Crisis, Apocalypse Covid. You didn't hear? Christ they had refrigerator trucks and mass graves, didn't you know? :lamo

I wonder how many of the non mask wearers have an issue with restaurants "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy? Do they complain that they have to put on the safety belt and the seat in its upright position? As long as the airlines make it clear that passengers are required to wear a mask then the consumer can decide if they want to fly or not.

Maybe the airlines should try billing the non compliant passengers with the cost of the flight having to turn around. Some people are just plain stupid.

Probably should blacklist them, too.

i have no doubt that you don't understand both the policy of the company and the most effective way for masks to be used.

Fauci & Friends, by suggestion and insinuation.

^ that comment is a lie.

i guess he had to come up with something after his "all" comment though.

I can easily believe after all these months that the masses are not aware of the failure of masks to prevent transmission. I can easily believe that the masses very much like a false sense of security.

I think somehow it's related to the Stockholm Syndrome. A little irony there in this case, as Sweden seems to be the only country on the planet to treat its citizens as thinking individuals.

Masks aren't perfect, but they help and you should wear them.

Do you wear a seatbelt? Is it a "false sense of security" to wear one because it doesn't stop all car crash deaths?

Fauci & Friends, by suggestion and insinuation. I mean it was a ****ing Crisis, Apocalypse Covid. You didn't hear? Christ they had refrigerator trucks and mass graves, didn't you know? :lamo

Please post the exact quote that you managed to interpret as saying "there are no longer any old people in America." I want to see just how absurdly big your leap was.

How come every conspiracy you believe in requires the conspirators to be monumentally stupid? What, you thought Fauci would tell us that nobody over 60 is still alive, and Fauci thought we'd just believe that?

It's been explained to you, you haven't challenged those explanations, so you're trolling, and it's SAD!

Either the masks work or they don't. What you guys don't understand is that wherever you go there will be those not wearing masks. That's just a fact you can't change no matter how much you want to bitch about it. So, you're either happy wearing one yourself or you don't go out.

i have no doubt that you don't understand both the policy of the company and the most effective way for masks to be used.

Either the masks work or they don't. What you guys don't understand is that wherever you go there will be those not wearing masks. That's just a fact you can't change no matter how much you want to bitch about it. So, you're either happy wearing one yourself or you don't go out. The fact that Delta turned this particular plane around and kicked these two people off of the plane and they may face charges for it, doesn't change the fact of exactly what I said, wherever you go there will be those not wearing masks. That's just a fact you can't change no matter how much you want to bitch about it. If you don't like it then you should stay home, not go out, and not get on a plane.

Either the masks work or they don't.

Either seatbelts work or they don't. They prevent 100% of deaths or they prevent 0% of deaths.

Right?

Between the two of us, one mask is better than zero. But two masks are better than one. Tell me what else you need explained.

Either seatbelts work or they don't. They prevent 100% of deaths or they prevent 0% of deaths.

Right?

Between the two of us, one mask is better than zero. But two masks are better than one. Tell me what else you need explained.

I'm betting that everyone on the plane was wearing their seat belt. What you don't understand is that there are probably millions of Americans out there who do NOT wear their seatbelts, which is exactly my point. No matter what you do there will always be people not wearing seat belts and there will always be people not wearing masks. You can't change that, just like you can't force Americans to wear seat belts. Great analogy, by the way.

I'm betting that everyone on the plane was wearing their seat belt. What you don't understand is that there are probably millions of Americans out there who do NOT wear their seatbelts, which is exactly my point. No matter what you do there will always be people not wearing seat belts and there will always be people not wearing masks. You can't change that, just like you can't force Americans to wear seat belts. Great analogy, by the way.

giphy.gif

Yes, there are people who don't wear masks. We all understand that. Why do you think this is in dispute?

We know there are people who don't want to wear a mask. So we're trying to get them to wear a mask. The more people wear masks, the faster this is over. The faster the economy recovers. Even Trump is finally figuring out that's good for him, if the pandemic is still out of control on election day he has a huge weight dragging him down. That's why he's trying to get you to wear a mask now.

If you don't like mask mandates, don't get on a plane. Definitely don't try and get on my plane. Maskless people are not welcome. You think you have a right to board my plane without a mask? I wouldn't advise testing it.

Last edited:
Forcibly quarantine them at their houses. Putting the idiots in jail could cause an outbreak. Ankle bracelets and boots on their cars.

That's actually a good idea. :thumbs:

Either the masks work or they don't. What you guys don't understand is that wherever you go there will be those not wearing masks. That's just a fact you can't change no matter how much you want to bitch about it. So, you're either happy wearing one yourself or you don't go out.

Ask Louis Gohmert about whether masks work...

Turning a flight around costs a fortune.

Back
Top Bottom