• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Delta Turns Flight Around After Multiple Passengers Refuse to Wear Masks

Either the masks work or they don't. What you guys don't understand is that wherever you go there will be those not wearing masks. That's just a fact you can't change no matter how much you want to bitch about it. So, you're either happy wearing one yourself or you don't go out.

OK, so trolling it is, to defend selfish assholes and put the entire burden on your conscientious and respectful neighbors. Got it. I'll leave you to your misguided and deplorable efforts.

Yes, there are people who don't wear masks. We all understand that. Why do you think this is in dispute?

We know there are people who don't want to wear a mask. So we're trying to get them to wear a mask. The more people wear masks, the faster this is over. The faster the economy recovers. Even Trump is finally figuring out that's good for him, if the pandemic is still out of control on election day he has a huge weight dragging him down. That's why he's trying to get you to wear a mask now.

If you don't like mask mandates, don't get on a plane. Definitely don't try and get on my plane. Maskless people are not welcome. You think you have a right to board my plane without a mask? I wouldn't advise testing it.

Well if you admit that there will always be people who don't wear masks then you should make sure you are wearing yours or stay home.

Well if you admit that there will always be people who don't wear masks then you should make sure you are wearing yours or stay home.

I do wear mine. Did you somehow get the impression I don't wear one? How did you come to this conclusion? You're not that stupid, so why pretend to be?

Ask Louis Gohmert about whether masks work...

What? That is exactly my point. If masks work and you don't want the virus then you should wear one. It doesn't matter what anyone else is doing. You just proved my point.

What? That is exactly my point. If masks work and you don't want the virus then you should wear one. It doesn't matter what anyone else is doing. You just proved my point.

It does matter what other people are doing. YOUR mask affects MY chance of getting infected. You've been told this a hundred times. Why do you keep pretending you've never heard this information before? Are you just a liar?

Either the masks work or they don't. What you guys don't understand is that wherever you go there will be those not wearing masks.

they most definitely work. they stop some people from being infected (and spreading it to other still). if everyone would wear one they are more effective.

if dumb asses like the ones on the plane don't wear them, while everyone else does, then the spread is more likely.

this isn't hard stuff. you just fell for the politicization of it even as your boy (Trump) now wears a mask.

He was without a mask yesterday, he has Covid, he was spewing the virus all over the Barr session yesterday.

You get it from morons like him that are unmasked, its not that hard to understand.

OK, so trolling it is, to defend selfish assholes and put the entire burden on your conscientious and respectful neighbors. Got it. I'll leave you to your misguided and deplorable efforts.

Yes. If you don't want the virus then the burden is on you, not someone else. Wear your damn mask if you go out. Just for the record, that is what I do. I don't want the virus so I wear a mask when I go out because I know there may be virus where I am going and others not wearing masks. And, I only go out to the grocery, through drive ins at restaurants, or do outside activities away from others. Mostly, I don't go out. I'm getting a lot of yard work done this year. If you don't want the virus it is on YOU to not get it. You can't change the fact that others won't be wearing masks so you make sure you wear yours or you don't go out. If you get the virus it is not someone else's fault, it is YOUR fault.

Last edited:
Yes. If you don't want the virus then the burden is on you, not someone else. Wear your damn mask if go out. Just for the record, that is what I do. I don't want the virus so I wear a mask when I go out because I know there may be virus where I am going. And, I only go out to the grocery, through drive ins at restaurants, or do outside activities away from others. Mostly, I don't go out. If you don't want the virus it is on YOU to not get it.

You think in black and white terms. Your choice affects other people. Deal with it.

Yes. If you don't want the virus then the burden is on you, not someone else. Wear your damn mask if you go out. Just for the record, that is what I do. I don't want the virus so I wear a mask when I go out because I know there may be virus where I am going and others not wearing masks. And, I only go out to the grocery, through drive ins at restaurants, or do outside activities away from others. Mostly, I don't go out. If you don't want the virus it is on YOU to not get it. You can't change the fact that others won't be wearing masks so you make sure you wear yours or you don't go out. If you get the virus it is not someone else's fault, it is your fault.

But if masks work, why aren't you going everywhere you went previously? All you have to do is wear a mask and you are perfectly safe from catching the virus!

If they don't work, I understand you not going many places, but why wear a mask at all since they do not work?

So based on your own theory, you're behaving irrationally, since it's an either/or thing - masks work or not. You're both wearing a mask for protection, but presumably limiting your activities because you don't want to get sick, even if you are good about wearing your mask. Why?

Obviously the rest of us see your behavior as perfectly rational and consistent with all the advice on masks. But you pretend ignorance of that advice for some stupid reason. Don't know why.

I do wear mine. Did you somehow get the impression I don't wear one? How did you come to this conclusion? You're not that stupid, so why pretend to be?

If you are wearing your mask then what is the problem? Why do you care if someone else is so stupid to not wear a mask that they get the virus? Wouldn't that be on them?

It does matter what other people are doing. YOUR mask affects MY chance of getting infected. You've been told this a hundred times. Why do you keep pretending you've never heard this information before? Are you just a liar?

Wherever you go, there will be people not wearing a mask. You can't change that. It's up to YOU to wear your mask if you don't want to get the virus.

wait. are you NOW claiming that everyone that ole Louie came into contact with wore a mask 100% of the time?

holy crap. he's mask denying politician from Texas.

But if masks work, why aren't you going everywhere you went previously? All you have to do is wear a mask and you are perfectly safe from catching the virus!

If they don't work, I understand you not going many places, but why wear a mask at all since they do not work?

So based on your own theory, you're behaving irrationally, since it's an either/or thing - masks work or not. You're both wearing a mask for protection, but presumably limiting your activities because you don't want to get sick, even if you are good about wearing your mask. Why?

Obviously the rest of us see your behavior as perfectly rational and consistent with all the advice on masks. But you pretend ignorance of that advice for some stupid reason. Don't know why.

Right wingers are caught in a bind. They fully understand that liberals have been right on masks all along. Hell, they probably knew that all along. But they took sides, because Trump took sides. NOW Trump is trying to half-assed turn it around. Trump has finally got it through his thick hair that a pandemic STILL going uncontrolled in November makes him look really, really bad. No amount of blaming Democrats is going to save him. He's the president, he will always take some fallout for poor results on a national issue. So he needs his followers to wear masks. But there's a catch: Trump can't be wrong. He's been undermining masks all along, he can't be seen as blatantly doing a 180. So he does a half-assed change on masks.

His followers get caught in the same bind. They can't admit they were wrong. They need to pretend this is still liberals being wrong. So they invent absurd stories like "Delta exposed their passengers to even more danger by turning around!" And they resort to bull**** trolling about masks being some black and white issue while quietly doing exactly what liberals have been suggesting all along.

Unfortunately for right wingers, it's inherently transparent. Everyone knows how masks work, and everyone knows which side people like Moderate Right were on.

Wherever you go, there will be people not wearing a mask.

Not on airplanes, there wont be. Or in Costco, or any number of other stores requiring masks.

Some people don't want to wear masks... so what? That means I shouldn't attempt to convince them to wear one? Want to apply that to other situations? Other people will always smoke, so don't bother trying to get kids to stay away from cigarettes. Other people will always commit crimes, better not try and prevent crime!

If you are wearing your mask then what is the problem? Why do you care if someone else is so stupid to not wear a mask that they get the virus? Wouldn't that be on them?

Because, as you have been told a hundred times and dishonestly pretend to never hear, their decision still affects my risk of infection.

You're not even going to quote this post, because you wont have an excuse anymore. Everyone will see it :)

they most definitely work. they stop some people from being infected (and spreading it to other still). if everyone would wear one they are more effective.

if dumb asses like the ones on the plane don't wear them, while everyone else does, then the spread is more likely.

this isn't hard stuff. you just fell for the politicization of it even as your boy (Trump) now wears a mask.

Wherever you go there will be people not wearing masks. If the masks work then either wear them or don't go out because if you go out you are more than likely going to run into others not wearing masks. I thought your side was into facts. The fact is wherever you go there will be people not wearing masks. Why do you deny simple facts?

Wherever you go there will be people not wearing masks. If the masks work then either wear them or don't go out because if you go out you are more than likely going to run into others not wearing masks. I thought your side was into facts. The fact is wherever you go there will be people not wearing masks. Why do you deny simple facts?

Why do you deny the simple fact that your mask affects my risk of infection? Are you scared of the truth?

Poor right wingers. Have to hide from the truth because Twumpy ordered them to.

Wherever you go, there will be people not wearing a mask.

correct. dumb asses who will cause COVID to keep the US shut down longer than it needs to be.

congrats on being part of the problem.

correct. dumb asses who will cause COVID to keep the US shut down longer than it needs to be.

congrats on being part of the problem.

The funny part is, they're ensuring Trump loses in November. All their efforts to undermine mask usage are hurting him by making the COVID numbers worse than they could have been. A virus under control in November makes Trump look like a winner. The president who got us through a crisis. A virus still rampaging out of control? Good luck, ya orange idiot.

Right wingers are caught in a bind. They fully understand that liberals have been right on masks all along. Hell, they probably knew that all along. But they took sides, because Trump took sides. NOW Trump is trying to half-assed turn it around. Trump has finally got it through his thick hair that a pandemic STILL going uncontrolled in November makes him look really, really bad. No amount of blaming Democrats is going to save him. He's the president, he will always take some fallout for poor results on a national issue. So he needs his followers to wear masks. But there's a catch: Trump can't be wrong. He's been undermining masks all along, he can't be seen as blatantly doing a 180. So he does a half-assed change on masks.

His followers get caught in the same bind. They can't admit they were wrong. They need to pretend this is still liberals being wrong. So they invent absurd stories like "Delta exposed their passengers to even more danger by turning around!" And they resort to bull**** trolling about masks being some black and white issue while quietly doing exactly what liberals have been suggesting all along.

Unfortunately for right wingers, it's inherently transparent. Everyone knows how masks work, and everyone knows which side people like Moderate Right were on.

I doubt wearing a mask is political party thing.

Failing to enforce their mask rules could cost more.

Were they wearing masks as they entered the plane? Just saying turning a plane around disrupts a lot of people and costs a ton of money. They were assholes to go against the mask policy.
They knew before they boarded the plane.

Failing to enforce their mask rules could cost more.

They were dumbasses to cause this disruption . A lot of people were screwed in delays and hassles. They knew the rules when they boarded.

Back
Top Bottom