• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Delta Turns Flight Around After Multiple Passengers Refuse to Wear Masks

Speaking of HIV/AIDS, I'd be willing to wager $5 that those who refuse masks are the same who avoided homosexuals back in the day.

And still do.

Wrong.

If you're actually that ignorant about masks, do some reading. Otherwise, you're just telling us you know nothing at all about COVID, how it's spread, why we wear masks, then basing your argument on a pretty stunning level of ignorance this late in the game.

i don't think the media that some people listen to has explained the most common sense stuff about COVID.

We live in the US. People have the right to freedom...

This is the all too common Rush/Sean response to having to follow a company's rules (no shirt/no shoes/no service) when they don't wanna follow that company's rules.

It's very similar to little kids whining about curfew.

Then what is the point of anyone wearing a mask if they don't work? If they do work then wear one yourself or don't go out.

they actually do work.

now, are you somehow trying to argue that if they don't work 100% of the time that the x% of the time that they do work means they don't work at all? is that REALLY your argument?

Not what I said, at all.

Did you notice it was a question, not a quote? Like the other simple questions I've asked you that you've dodged around?

It seems to me that if a person with COPD will be made worse by wearing a mask, any such law is cruel indeed, besides being illegal in the US.

I'm told that even Wal Mart allows exceptions to its mask policy. They seem more humane in that regard than the zealots demanding everybody wear the useless masks.

Except your selfish refusal also puts me and everyone else you encounter at risk.

^ That. Right there. That sentence perfectly describes the people that sane folks are currently battling against to try to save their own parents/grandparents from a COVID death.

That republicans turned common sense during a pandemic into a wedge issue is deplorable.

I've always questioned this "common sense' thing. I finally came up with a definition that fits it's use... Common Sense: Everything you know that you think everybody should know.

in what way?

Consistent in doubting things that are true, in this case the efficacy of HEPA filters on airliners, in this hypothetical you and I have been engaged in.

did they buy the Amtrack stations from Bush?

they'll probably end up in some Saudi Arabian harem via the basement of a Pizza Shop in NYC.

They have been in my state. They were climbing out of control, then we got the mask mandate, and now they're steadily going down. It's a nice sight after seeing it so high. :yes:

There are several states I want to see that happen. Right now, Texas and Arizona have made mask mandates (too little , too late), but I really want to see things go down in those states.

Florida avoided the mask mandate, and while supposedly the things are leveling off, we can't be sure, since the state has been caught fudging numbers.

Consistent in doubting things that are true, in this case the efficacy of HEPA filters on airliners, in this hypothetical you and I have been engaged in.

I don't doubt things that are true when they are actually true. If a maskless COVIDiot sneezes in your face on an airplane, no airplane filter is going to save you.

they'll probably end up in some Saudi Arabian harem via the basement of a Pizza Shop in NYC.

Man, the pizzagate thing is back. Did you see that?

People should learn they do not have a Constitutional right to endanger other people's health or life.

the Trump Republicans here in this thread (which we know of from the other threads) just can't quite say that companies (which they normally defend) have the right to protect it's customers (and that if you do business with them you have to abide by their policies/rules/etc).

maybe we should get some guy to run up and down the aisle of an American Flight (when the seat belt light is on) with a BLM shirt on just to watch the great FLIP FLOP yet again.

I don't doubt things that are true when they are actually true. If a maskless COVIDiot sneezes in your face on an airplane, no airplane filter is going to save you.

Does this mean you describe those infected with the virus as COVIDiot?

Your example presumes that the person sitting next to you is infected, and this is a hypothetical we discuss.

If you doubt you are being fooled in this Covid fiasco, you doubt what is true.

The left is not arguing that.

Delta can require you to wear a mask. It’s their plane. Deal with that, or drive.

THAT is all this is about.

It's a liberal agenda to slow the spread of COVID?

...GUILTY AS CHARGED!!

you know, that needs to be a commercial. maybe a Lincoln Project one with Trump and Rush and Sean all talking about how COVID was invented to hurt Trump and it ends with ^ words.

Does this mean you describe those infected with the virus as COVIDiot?

Your example presumes that the person sitting next to you is infected, and this is a hypothetical we discuss.

If you doubt you are being fooled in this Covid fiasco, you doubt what is true.

Asymptomatic people can spread the virus.

I've talked to some in our family. They aren't militant, but they're pretty much "i don't really care about all that / it's not a big deal / gotta die of something." When I get deeper with them and tell them that they could suffer permanent lung damage and possibly lose their sense of taste, they get uncomfortable and change the subject. It's unnerving. I don't push it that hard because I don't want to feud with them.

some older folks have gone to the "if it's God's Will" thing.

and then they wear a seat belt while driving after eating breakfast and taking their 7 pills every morning.

Back
Top Bottom