• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Delta Turns Flight Around After Multiple Passengers Refuse to Wear Masks

I doubt that airplane filters will protect us from unmasked coughers.

You doubt you're being deceived too. You are consistent.

This is what is wrong with the liberal train of thought and policies. You would rather see people exposed to the virus longer than they should have been just to prove a liberal point. As long as you prove your liberal point, you don't care how many people die in the process.

You said you have no idea if the flight was longer or shorter and you don't realize that they're setting a precedent so that more people on more flights on their airplanes are not exposed (including flight attendants or pilots or whomever). This will probably be the only time you hear a story about someone not wearing a mask on a Delta flight. They have put an end to it.

And then you complain about other people not thinking this through.

What's really happening is you've come into a thread where you should simply say that these people were totally stupid but you're trying to make some other argument because your favorite political person told people for the longest time that masks were not important and the Corona viruses was going to be gone after 15 cases.

You are the exact kind of person that we sane people are fighting during a pandemic.

Delta might fly them down there for free, just to do their part! These are dangerous individuals we're dealing with.

I'm sure there are a lot of Americans that are dangerous and are spreading this virus that will eventually reach older folks who will then die. But a whole lot of people don't care. It's not their relatives dying so why should they care? If it kills your grandfather or your mother or you it's no skin off their butt.

They may have had to spend more time on the plane but less time sequestered with people who wouldn't wear their masks.

The simple solution is wear your mask. You're not a hero or a patriot for refusing.

That republicans turned common sense during a pandemic into a wedge issue is deplorable.

I'm sure there are a lot of Americans that are dangerous and are spreading this virus that will eventually reach older folks who will then die. But a whole lot of people don't care. It's not their relatives dying so why should they care? If it kills your grandfather or your mother or you it's no skin off their butt.

I thought all the old people died in the first wave.

Then I looked in the mirror and realized I had been wrong. ;)

The people refusing to wear masks are the ones who caused the health risk.

Hang on now. People like him have to blame leftists for everything. Including some idiots on a plane who didn't follow that company's policy.

Last edited:
This story was also below that page you linked.

TSA Officers Uncover Assault Rifle Hidden in Suitcase

TSA Officers Uncover Assault Rifle Hidden in Suitcase | TravelPulse
TSA officers seized an assault rifle along with a high-powered magazine and an arsenal of ammunition that was hidden inside of a woman's checked luggage at Newark Liberty International Airport on Monday.

According to a news release published by the agency on Tuesday, the illegal items were "artfully concealed behind the lining of a suitcase" before being discovered during routine baggage screening at Terminal C.

Officers alerted Port Authority Police, who tracked down and arrested the female passenger and her travel companion as they approached their departure gate.

"Our TSA officers are very skilled at detecting firearms and other prohibited items," said Tom Carter, TSA’s Federal Security Director for New Jersey, in a statement. "In this case, they detected an assault rifle, which is illegal in New Jersey; a high-capacity magazine, which is also illegal in New Jersey; four boxes of hollow-point bullets, again, illegal in New Jersey; three magazines, one of which was fully loaded; and two additional boxes of rifle ammunition."

The idiot clearly never heard of x-ray machines. Trump fan?

There's a simple solution other than some convoluted equation to figure out potential exposures. Follow the rules, wear a mask. Smart people don't even have to wait to be told.

I check ahead of time if they have a mask requirement. If they don't, I stay away. I read that 70% of people want masks being mandatory, so call or bombard them via social media, so that business become aware of the fact. Shout it from the rooftop.
Airlines have met the mask requirement. Don't like it, walk.

Which had no possibility of happening if the leftist media hadn't made an issue of it. Nobody would have known. As usual, the leftist media would rather put people's health and lives at risk in order to further their leftist agenda.

Is it not the mask refusers who put people's health at risk?

You’re wildly speculating based on no information because you want to justify not wearing a mask. You haven’t supported your claim.

Treating masks like a binary “does it work or not” shows your ignorance. Masks help. They are not perfect. In fact, a mask protects other people from you better than it protects you. That’s why it’s important for both of us to wear one. Mine protects you, yours protects me.

that's too logical.

So, are the numbers going down, since so many people have been masking up?

^ another poster who just can't say that the consumer's on this flight should have simply followed the rules of the seller (Delta).

It's hard to believe it's July 28th and you still don't understand the basics of masks and why they're recommended. :confused:

is it though?

their political girlfriend always turns common sense into chaos.

Is it not the mask refusers who put people's health at risk?

Do you agree that our health is always at risk as we live?

That your health is at risk when you ride in an automobile or public transportation? That you are at risk of drowning when you swim? That you are at risk of radiation issues when you talk on your cell phone?

Which the company of Delta has no control over. But they can control their own policy.

Lefties have no self control to not riot during a pandemic? That appears to be correct after seeing video after video of these sub human losing all civility.

Do you agree that our health is always at risk as we live?

That your health is at risk when you ride in an automobile or public transportation? That you are at risk of drowning when you swim? That you are at risk of radiation issues when you talk on your cell phone?

I don't go swimming without knowing how to. I wear a seat belt and take precautions while driving, to keep myself and others as safe as possible. Reasonable risk, if we do our best. Of course some may think they can drink and drive because they feel like it. I would compare that with refusing to wear a mask.

Refusing to wear a mask where one is legally required is not conservatism. That's just stupidity.

And for the record, I started masking up in late February. At the same time the Surgeon General, the CDC and the WHO were telling people to NOT wear masks.

That's what actual conservatism looks like.

well...

SJM-L-PENCE-0428-02.jpg

But but but if everyone else was wearing their masks then there was no health risk. That's what masks are for, right?

^ what a person looks like when they were wrong and are now scrambling.

HUGE FONTS may be next.

I don't go swimming without knowing how to. I wear a seat belt and take precautions while driving, to keep myself and others as safe as possible. Reasonable risk, if we do our best. Of course some may think they can drink and drive because they feel like it. I would compare that with refusing to wear a mask.

Do you know anybody with COPD?

Hardly. Those are the figures calculated by esteemed scientist Dr. William Haseltine. He is known for his groundbreaking work on HIV/AIDS and the human genome. Haseltine was a professor at Harvard Medical School where he founded two research departments on cancer and HIV/AIDS. Haseltine is a founder of several biotechnology companies including Cambridge Biosciences, The Virus Research Institute, ProScript, LeukoSite, Dendreon, Diversa, X-VAX, and Demetrix. He was a founder chairman and CEO of Human Genome Sciences, a company that pioneered the application of genomics to drug discovery.

Dr. Haseltine has also written several opinion pieces for Fox News. He's hardly a 'libromathematician'.

Speaking of HIV/AIDS, I'd be willing to wager $5 that those who refuse masks are the same who avoided homosexuals back in the day.

Everyone DRINK!!

If you want to talk about something else other than the OP, start a thread. Don't quote me, ignore every word, and move the goal posts.

these dumb friggin Trump foot soldiers (who are fighting common sense protections during a pandemic) around the country are literally causing more old Republicans to die.

and they don't care.

Do you know anybody with COPD?

Have you ever treated anyone with ARDS? I have, and yes, I treated COPDers, many of them. So it is esp important for us to wear masks, if for nothing else, then certainly to protect those with underlying conditions. Those who can't wear a mask should opt for home delivery, grocery pick up, and most certainly avoid crowded airplanes.

Why the extraordinary effort to defend selfish idiots and condemn Delta for enforcing its rules? All that is wild speculation.

Because the head of the Republican Party made common sense a wedge issue.

Have you ever treated anyone with ARDS? I have, and yes, I treated COPDers, many of them. So it is esp important for us to wear masks, if for nothing else, then certainly to protect those with underlying conditions. Those who can't wear a mask should opt for home delivery, grocery pick up, and most certainly avoid crowded airplanes.

So those not bed-ridden with COPD should have to remain indoors?

You are a cruel mistress.

Back
Top Bottom