• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debate Tactics

Dishonest debaters, we expect them when engaging on discussion boards.

They love using whataboutisms.
Talk about a police killing a black man, and you get "whatabout" all them blacks killing blacks.

They love using deflections.
Criticize a statement made by a Republican, and you get "yeah but" Joe Biden

They love being dismissive.
You make a valid point and you are termed a "hater" or just another "liberal" or my favorite one "you are dismissed"

They love avoiding a direct question.
Ask them a straight up yes or no question, like one I tried once, have you ever listened to a black man, and you get something about reverse racism or the question is nonsensical - anything rather than answer the question.

They love insults.
I mean, they don't even "get" why I adopted the username "Snowflake". Hint, it never was effective as an insult in the first place.

AND they love their sources.
AmericanThinker, Epoch Times, Fox, Breitbart, the list goes on and on.
The irony? They moan and groan about "the MSM"
Point out how their sources have failed factchecks they claim factcheckers are biased and fake.

They also love to accuse you of "trolling" - every time you nail them on a topic. Or of lying. Trump made a fool out of himself again and you point it out and they say you are "lying". Hilarious.

AND I probably shouldn't even mention the outright racism on display.
"Thugs" when describing BLM rioters, and just before posting this someone used "Kameltoe" to describe Kamala Harris on another thread. Obomo and Obummer used to be popular. The most criticized and attacked public figures on discussion boards? AOC and Maxime Waters. Police killing of a black man? They should have obeyed and not resisted.
But hey, don't mention racism to them, they will call YOU a racist, apparently you are racist against whites, even if you are white yourself.

YET they will continue to use such tactics, because they can't "see" how using such tactics looks on them. Are they oblivious?

Last edited:

watsup

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I see NO "falsehoods" nor open dishonesty, except when you so freely spout MSNBC taking points, without attribution, I might add.

Of course you don’t. You probably don’t realize it, but you make my point exactly.

joko104

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Sometimes getting into a hyperbole competition with an adversary - and 3rd parties jump in not recognizing the hyperbole element complicated the greater debate.

watsup

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Sometimes getting into a hyperbole competition with an adversary - and 3rd parties jump in not recognizing the hyperbole element complicated the greater debate.

It’s a discussion forum. DOH!

American

Bier Meister
Bartender
Supporting Member
Monthly Subscriber
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Whataboutism is an important arguing tool for tyrants because in the end, its the age-old rationale of "everybody does it," so ultimately, the action in question is, if not okay, just unremarkable.
Whataboutism is used to point out the undeniable and most fundamental liberal trait of hypocrisy.

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Whataboutism is used to point out the undeniable and most fundamental liberal trait of hypocrisy.
and there folks ^^ is a PERFECT example.

Top Bottom