• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debate Tactics

Dishonest debaters, we expect them when engaging on discussion boards.

They love using whataboutisms.
Talk about a police killing a black man, and you get "whatabout" all them blacks killing blacks.

They love using deflections.
Criticize a statement made by a Republican, and you get "yeah but" Joe Biden

They love being dismissive.
You make a valid point and you are termed a "hater" or just another "liberal" or my favorite one "you are dismissed"

They love avoiding a direct question.
Ask them a straight up yes or no question, like one I tried once, have you ever listened to a black man, and you get something about reverse racism or the question is nonsensical - anything rather than answer the question.

They love insults.
I mean, they don't even "get" why I adopted the username "Snowflake". Hint, it never was effective as an insult in the first place.

AND they love their sources.
AmericanThinker, Epoch Times, Fox, Breitbart, the list goes on and on.
The irony? They moan and groan about "the MSM"
Point out how their sources have failed factchecks they claim factcheckers are biased and fake.

They also love to accuse you of "trolling" - every time you nail them on a topic. Or of lying. Trump made a fool out of himself again and you point it out and they say you are "lying". Hilarious.

AND I probably shouldn't even mention the outright racism on display.
"Thugs" when describing BLM rioters, and just before posting this someone used "Kameltoe" to describe Kamala Harris on another thread. Obomo and Obummer used to be popular. The most criticized and attacked public figures on discussion boards? AOC and Maxime Waters. Police killing of a black man? They should have obeyed and not resisted.
But hey, don't mention racism to them, they will call YOU a racist, apparently you are racist against whites, even if you are white yourself.

YET they will continue to use such tactics, because they can't "see" how using such tactics looks on them. Are they oblivious?

Last edited:
Seriously, Fish?

After seeing how a soulless moron like Stephanik made a name for herself, the knuckle-draggers are all trying to out MAGA each other!
I didn't see those comments, and he's dead wrong about it. He also didn't say it was OK, but was more in denial. This is similar to Jerry Nadler saying Antifa violence in Portland is a myth. I don't think Nalder was saying the violence is OK but he's either being dishonest due to tribalism or is extremely ignorant.

You didn't condemn it here, you tried to rationalize it.
Don't give him air, he is trying to promote his own agenda on this thread, best thing is to ignore him and NOT get suckered into an off topic conversation.

Seriously, Fish?

After seeing how a soulless moron like Stephanik made a name for herself, the knuckle-draggers are all trying to out MAGA each other!
Don't give him air, he is trying to take this thread off topic, only way to discourage that is to ignore him.

The "perfect" example is how much of a snowflake you actually are.
LOL, another one who thinks I will be insulted by using that term, hilarious
laugh_40x40.gif

LOL, another one who thinks I will be insulted by using that term, hilarious
View attachment 67333221
It is a strange (and in an not quite sympatic way, interesting) thing that you and I who is not from the US see the seriousness while the US citiziens do not.

Don't give him air, he is trying to take this thread off topic, only way to discourage that is to ignore him.
He's actually one of the good ones.

Please move to the CT forum...... A truly kooky post!
There has not been an so called insurrection or a civil war and there won't be one!
300 + have been arrested and charged for the criminal behavior on Jan 6th. There
will be a price to pay for what happened that day.

Every time you say that January 6th was not an insurrection, you firm my resolve to see to it that each every person who participated in it never see the light of day as a free human being again.
Your hoped for attempt at a coverup is actually making it worse.
If you were a nine year old caught shoplifting, your denials would just wind up getting you into more trouble, so maybe you should stop acting like a nine year old who got caught shoplifting.
You're not worth catching points over, so I'll refrain from saying what I truly think.

Every time you say that January 6th was not an insurrection, you firm my resolve to see to it that each every person who participated in it never see the light of day as a free human being again.
Your hoped for attempt at a coverup is ac
If you were a nine year old caught shoplifting, your denials would just wind up getting you into more trouble, so maybe you should stop acting like a nine year old who got caught shoplifting.
You're not worth catching points over, so I'll refrain from saying what I truly think.
just ignore them, this thread is about debate tactics but they GOTTA make it about something else, I think I covered that in my OP, something about deflections and whataboutisms ;)

Just because you aren't smart enough to realize what a snowflake is...
LOL, keep trying, you might get under my skin............ by 2100.
:ROFLMAO:

I'm already there. You are just too much of a (snow)flake to realize it.
LOL, you provide entertainment, nothing more.

Tell you what, just to show you how generous I can be, you can get the last lick in, I know how important it is to your ego, and I promise I won't even give a come back.

So make it juicy.

This was too easy, you're not looking.
Not only are they saying it's okay, they're saying that anyone who thinks it was an insurrection is a kook.
Ummm...did you actually read what you referenced or no? I don't think you did, because you're smart enough to know that not only did that person not say it was OK, but that they should be held accountable. That's quite the ****ing opposite of "OK". The only thing that person said was that it wasn't an insurrection, and that scrambled your critical thinking skills, and shat out your own entirely made up interpretation that is divorced from reality.
Please move to the CT forum...... A truly kooky post!
There has not been an so called insurrection or a civil war and there won't be one!
300 + have been arrested and charged for the criminal behavior on Jan 6th. There
will be a price to pay for what happened that day.
Is there anything else you want to make up or is that it?

LOL, you provide entertainment, nothing more.

Tell you what, just to show you how generous I can be, you can get the last lick in, I know how important it is to your ego, and I promise I won't even give a come back.

So make it juicy.
Too late. I already gave you the last word.

Look at this...it's totally the epitome of straight forward and honest debate and it totally not literally what your OP was whining about.
images.png

Keep posting literally the most ironic shit you could, with the context of your OP, that you can. It's like...the ****ing most funny level of lack of self-awareness I've witnessed in a long time.
cb6d98987107792822e882fa5ae46183.png

SNOWFLAKE - Waaaaaah!!! People don't participate in debate right here!! *sniffles*
Also SNOWFLAKE - I literally made my screen name as a bait and post stupid memes.

So pathetic.
the only one going Waaaaaah is YOU.
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.png

Back
Top Bottom