• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

David Hogg accepted to Harvard

As an Ivy League graduate you should be better at analysis. He was not accepted based on his politics...he was accepted based on his ability to move his political agenda.

That is generally seen as a quality leaders possess. Harvard knows that, why don't you? I kind of expect the silly comments of your side kick, but this should be more your bailiwick.
So, he's an affirmative action admission?

As an Ivy League graduate you should be better at analysis. He was not accepted based on his politics...he was accepted based on his ability to move his political agenda.

That is generally seen as a quality leaders possess. Harvard knows that, why don't you? I kind of expect the silly comments of your side kick, but this should be more your bailiwick.

The Ivy's reputations are already getting swampy, they best not get branded as "THUGS R US".

why? I didn't go to Harvard though I got into two of their graduate programs

I went through a graduate program at American University in Washington DC and found a revealing fact. The uni focuses its recruiting programs in the northern states, from Boston to Minneapolis then spends secondmost along the west coast. That was where most of its undergrads are from. Grad students too btw.

I was rep of the grad school on the Dean's Advisory Committee on Program Planning and Budget and it's amazing what one finds out during such a glittering opportunity, which I found to be boring otherwise. While AU has a large number of international students it doesn't spend much on recruting 'em as there are plenty of applicants.

Some bit of conscientious research might discover some distinguished aspect(s) of David Hogg's being admitted to Harvard College eh. Beyond the obvious I mean. For instance, a colleague of mine was accepted at Harvard Law School while being turned away by Yale -- I figured Yale found out he applied to Harvard so tossed his application immediately. ;)

I went through a graduate program at American University in Washington DC and found a revealing fact. The uni focuses its recruiting programs in the northern states, from Boston to Minneapolis then spends secondmost along the west coast. That was where most of its undergrads are from. Grad students too btw.

I was rep of the grad school on the Dean's Advisory Committee on Program Planning and Budget and it's amazing what one finds out during such a glittering opportunity, which I found to be boring otherwise. While AU has a large number of international students it doesn't spend much on recruting 'em as there are plenty of applicants.

Some bit of conscientious research might discover some distinguished aspect(s) of David Hogg's being admitted to Harvard College eh. Beyond the obvious I mean. For instance, a colleague of mine was accepted at Harvard Law School while being turned away by Yale -- I figured Yale found out he applied to Harvard so tossed his application immediately. ;)

Harvard-last time I checked-has 550 seats per class--Yale, less than 200. So a bunch of people who get into Harvard don't get into Yale. I can think of at least 20 such cases of that among my classmates in college. I can only think of one case where someone got into Yale Law and not Harvard.

I'm not sure what you mean by a pro rights leader?

one of the kids who was present at a school shooting and supports gun rights.

So, he's an affirmative action admission?

Why would you claim that? A major part of college admissions is a search for "special talents." That is quite different than affirmative action.

do you think a guy who was a pro rights leader would have been accepted? Honestly?

You didn't say what your undergrad college was and the colleges that may have rejected your application if there were any. Plus known or knowable factors in each respect. Then readers and posters alike can form some opinions and thoughts that have some basis of fact or realistic likelihood. Y'know, David Hogg the shaker and mover alongside TurtleDud the Libertarian Rightist Political Poster from Ohio.

one of the kids who was present at a school shooting and supports gun rights.

I would assume if a kid like that was articulate, and managed to rally the nation around the idea that guns in schools was super, he would certainly be considered for admission.

You didn't say what your undergrad college was and the colleges that may have rejected your application if there were any. Plus known or knowable factors in each respect. Then readers and posters alike can form some opinions and thoughts that have some basis of fact or realistic likelihood. Y'know, David Hogg the shaker and mover alongside TurtleDud the Libertarian Rightist Political Poster from Ohio.

I applied to only two colleges-I was accepted at Both.

Harvard-last time I checked-has 550 seats per class--Yale, less than 200. So a bunch of people who get into Harvard don't get into Yale. I can think of at least 20 such cases of that among my classmates in college. I can only think of one case where someone got into Yale Law and not Harvard.

So who wuz the guy you say David aced out so unfairly and unjustly. Might the guy have been from Ohio too or, say, Nebraska? Although inquiring minds want to know it's unlikely any of us can ever know if your guy had a greater merit, whether academically or additionally -- or in either respect.

You do know that no matter who it is you'd get nothing from the Harvard College admissions committee. It is after all their business as a private corporation. Or not? Have you or will you file a complaint? You've written one here, for sure.

Who did you ace out, do you know? How and why or is it too much to ask in any instance at any time.

So who wuz the guy you say David aced out so unfairly and unjustly. Might the guy have been from Ohio too or, say, Nebraska? Although inquiring minds want to know it's unlikely any of us can ever know if your guy had a greater merit, whether academically or additionally -- or in either respect.

You do know that no matter who it is you'd get nothing from the Harvard College admissions committee. It is after all their business as a private corporation. Or not? Have you or will you filed a complaint? You've written one here, for sure.

Who did you ace out, do you know?

what exactly is your point? I find it funny that Harvard let in a guy whose main credential was he's a media darling and a Bloomberg Pawn. I guess you don't get that I like it when Harvard diminishes its reputation.

what exactly is your point? I find it funny that Harvard let in a guy whose main credential was he's a media darling and a Bloomberg Pawn. I guess you don't get that I like it when Harvard diminishes its reputation.

I think Yale might be a little ashamed of a graduate who cannot overcome very serious bias in evaluating national events. If David Hogg were promoting AR-15's, you would be crazy with all out admiration. Really. Time to regroup.

I applied to only two colleges-I was accepted at Both.

Okay, I'll bite.

We know the names of the colleges involved in David's instance. We can thank Laura btw.

And You?

I'd hope also you wouldn't suggest something like desperation drove David Hogg from California colleges that said no to Harvard. If so then you'd need to specify the exact disaster here. Cause almost no one else can find one in it. Life's vicissitudes and all of that.

I think college is hard, yes. Harvard or not, and I would expect Harvard to challenge students instead of setting the bar so low.
Harvard will do everything they can to help him graduate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think Yale might be a little ashamed at a graduate who cannot overcome very serious bias in evaluating national events. If David Hogg were promoting AR-15's, you would be crazy with all out admiration. Really. Time to regroup.

that's just plain stupid. Hogg's a media whore, a liar, and a pawn. I am truly glad Harvard accepted him

Remember the eloquent survivor of that Florida school mass shooting?

(I know.. it’s been a year ago and we have had so many mass shootings it’s hard to keep track)

His name is David Hogg, and he’s just indicated he will be attending Harvard next year.

Twitter

This is the kid Laura Ingraham mocked for getting rejected to a few colleges in California that he applied to, because her love of school shooting freedoms temporarily blinded her from normal adult decorum.

I’m guessing he got into Yale, too, but he’s not that much of an ass to accept, and he will enter Harvard under the hat of a political science major.

His SAT and GPA were certainly not of the caliber to get him consideration via the usual channels. Usually to get accepted at an Ivy with scores like that, you need to be a legacy or like Jared Kushner, you need a criminal parent to donate lots of money.

Link to a more official news source:

Parkland survivor David Hogg going to Harvard after mocked by Fox host

i remember.

Harvard will do everything they can to help him graduate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

that's true with most of the big name schools-someone fails out-it is a black mark on their admissions decision. One of my suitemates-called by one admissions officer as the "most qualified guy in my class (set national record on a nation wide math exam-at age 14-it was open anyone short of a PhD in math nationally, took the SAT at 14-perfect scores and graduated first in his class at one of the best prep schools in the USA. He didn't make grades because he had about a K a week coke habit and was bored. school bent over backwards to help him-didn't work)

Okay, I'll bite.

We know the names of the colleges involved in David's instance. We can thank Laura btw.

And You?

I'd hope also you wouldn't suggest something like desperation drove David Hogg from California colleges that said no to Harvard. If so then you'd need to specify the exact disaster here. Cause almost no one else can find one in it. Life's vicissitudes and all of that.

Just an aside to this .... the California schools Hogg was rejected at are competitive. Florida's public school system is not considered to be competitive with other state's. So based on his scores, and a high school education in Florida, he wouldn't be looking great to California admissions.

Okay, I'll bite.

And You?

How long have you been on this board? the college I didn't go to was Amherst.

that's just plain stupid. Hogg's a media whore, a liar, and a pawn. I am truly glad Harvard accepted him

As I stated before, you operate from a state of extreme bias. This negates a lot of your credibility.

As I stated before, you operate from a state of extreme bias. This negates a lot of your credibility.

you're not biased? OK

and if you want to pretend that a conservative would have gotten the same break from Harvard-well OK

I am so sick of "In my imagination you suck so I am not going to listen to you".

WE USED TO BE BETTER

Back
Top Bottom