• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

David Hogg accepted to Harvard

tell that to admissions officers at most colleges. tell me what did this guy do other than be a pawn?

lol...18 year old public speaking like he does. That's worth far more than filling in circles with a number two pencil.

your lies are noted. I am making fun of the fact that a guy whose credentials did not merit selection by less selective colleges somehow got into Harvard. I love what that says about Harvard.

Right. It says that you feel threatened by a teenager. Pathetic and pitiful, but not surprising. Calling me a liar does not prove you right.

Right. It says that you feel threatened by a teenager. Pathetic and pitiful, but not surprising. Calling me a liar does not prove you right.

turtle probably respects people like Chick Norris and Ted Nugent. You know, the gun nuts with IQ's in the single digits.

lol...18 year old public speaking like he does. That's worth far more than filling in circles with a number two pencil.

well obviously Harvard felt so-other colleges-not so much. I suspect if he was an advocate for the second amendment after the shooting (as some have been),Harvard would not have ignored his substandard test scores and academic record.

turtle probably respects people like Chick Norris and Ted Nugent. You know, the gun nuts with IQ's in the single digits.

you think both of those men are stupid? LOL -Norris came from nothing-unlike your Goddess Elizabeth Warren-he actually has substantial Cherokee heritage and came from a dirt poor background. HE joined the USAF to escape the crushing poverty of his childhood. When he made it big in martial arts films, he didn't forget where he came from and often included people who had been good to him and his family in his films. He has done much to help kids.

Go ahead and badmouth Norris.

you think both of those men are stupid? LOL -Norris came from nothing-unlike your Goddess Elizabeth Warren-he actually has substantial Cherokee heritage and came from a dirt poor background. HE joined the USAF to escape the crushing poverty of his childhood. When he made it big in martial arts films, he didn't forget where he came from and often included people who had been good to him and his family in his films. He has done much to help kids.

:lol: you actually do worship morons like Norris and Nugent. :lamo

So you’re saying he didn’t have the HAT scores (sorry- typo) SAT scores to ASSume an undergraduate spot at, say, Yale?

:lol: you actually do worship morons like Norris and Nugent. :lamo

no, I just like slapping away posts that are designed to troll. Just as I did to the stupid one you made.

Not at all-I love when Harvard does something that is silly like that. But we all know why the people who usually whine about white men getting into elite schools change their tunes.

Yeah, just think... some brilliant well rounded minority worked their ass off in HS, has a higher GPA and better SAT(s) and was denied entrance, but they admitted the well known anti-gun average white kid who couldn't even get into a state school.
The irony is sweet.

Yeah, just think... some brilliant well rounded minority worked their ass off in HS, has a higher GPA and SAT(s) was denied entrance, but they admitted the well known anti-gun white kid who couldn't even get into a state school.
The irony is sweet.

yeah its hilarious and its even funnier watching anti gun lefties pretend this guy -who got turned down at several state schools-is harvard material. They also seem to think I am upset that Harvard lets a guy like this in. I love it

Remember the eloquent survivor of that Florida school mass shooting?

(I know.. it’s been a year ago and we have had so many mass shootings it’s hard to keep track)

His name is David Hogg, and he’s just indicated he will be attending Harvard next year.

Twitter

This is the kid Laura Ingraham mocked for getting rejected to a few colleges in California that he applied to, because her love of school shooting freedoms temporarily blinded her from normal adult decorum.

I’m guessing he got into Yale, too, but he’s not that much of an ass to accept, and he will enter Harvard under the hat of a political science major.

His SAT and GPA were certainly not of the caliber to get him consideration via the usual channels. Usually to get accepted at an Ivy with scores like that, you need to be a legacy or like Jared Kushner, you need a criminal parent to donate lots of money.

Link to a more official news source:

Parkland survivor David Hogg going to Harvard after mocked by Fox host

We need more researched posts like this on DP.

no, I just like slapping away posts that are designed to troll. Just as I did to the stupid one you made.

Nothing is more stupid than singing the praises of Chick Norris.

It's pretty pathetic when grown- A adults feels threatened by an 18 y/o being accepted to Harvard.

I know, right? A bunch of bitter, petulant adults continuing to trash a teenager, and publicly "wishing him the best" while opining "surely others deserved it more", it "wasn't based on merit", and "Wow. Harvard has really lowered its standards."

Mean-spirited bullies to the end, eh, guys? Bah. I need a shower after reading this thread.

Nothing is more stupid than singing the praises of Chick Norris.

why troll over chuck norris? you made a moronic claim that he is stupid. This is funny given how much time you spend trolling about wealthy people or those who inherit money. I thought you would admire a man like Norris-who made himself into an international superstar purely on his own effort.

I know, right? A bunch of bitter, petulant adults continuing to trash a teenager, and publicly "wishing him the best" while opining "surely others deserved it more", it "wasn't based on merit", and "Wow. Harvard has really lowered its standards."

Mean-spirited bullies to the end, eh, guys? Bah. I need a shower after reading this thread.

I trash a guy who wants to diminish our rights because he is a pawn for assholes like Michael Bloomberg. And we note his acceptance was based on his politics.

Trump is an embarrassment to Wharton.

Or maybe typical as I've known several others over time.

It is fact however Wharton asked Trump to stop saying he graduated from there during his campaign appearances in 2015. Trump quit on it so maybe there was something in his transcript or record. Or maybe there's nothing there to include course credits. No Potus has released his transcripts but all of 'em till Trump released their tax filings and data.

We're talking marginal tax rates and intellect here. From which we're getting even worse returns than were expected.

OMG, yes. Every single story in the MSM bitch slaps Ingraham. It's old news, but they just can't help themselves.
Hogg isn't very bright and c'mon, even state schools didn't accept him, but now Harvard does? Totally political.

I don't wish him failure, however, I do hope he takes this amazing opportunity which someone else surely deserved much more, and doesn't blow it.

Who exactly is that someone else? A hockey player? Or do you prefer football? Did you know that second tier applicants are accepted 83% of the time if they are athletes, but only 16% of the time if they are not? There is some crazy myth out there that perfect grades and perfect scores is what it takes to get into an Ivy.

The MSM surely thinks it's about Ingraham.

I think the MSM is pointing out that this high school kid led a boycott effort that nearly cost Ingraham her job. So in a way, it is about her.

remember the eloquent survivor of that florida school mass shooting?

(i know.. It’s been a year ago and we have had so many mass shootings it’s hard to keep track)

his name is david hogg, and he’s just indicated he will be attending harvard next year.

twitter

this is the kid laura ingraham mocked for getting rejected to a few colleges in california that he applied to, because her love of school shooting freedoms temporarily blinded her from normal adult decorum.

i’m guessing he got into yale, too, but he’s not that much of an ass to accept, and he will enter harvard under the hat of a political science major.

His sat and gpa were certainly not of the caliber to get him consideration via the usual channels. Usually to get accepted at an ivy with scores like that, you need to be a legacy or like jared kushner, you need a criminal parent to donate lots of money.

lol :)

sure wasn't based on merit when he was turned down by colleges that have selectivity ratings way below Harvard's. The good news is he will be competing against students who are-for the most part-far more intelligent than he is

Please define "merit" and how it applies to all the special admissions at the ivies....like athletes and tuba players, drama majors and celebrities...legacies and first generation college?

tell that to admissions officers at most colleges. tell me what did this guy do other than be a pawn?

Methinks it would be interesting if just this one time posters to the thread because of its topic post the college they graduated from. Since we know David Hogg's major is polysci, to include major field too. Might say also the colleges that said no dice.

You first since you're dominating the thread in post count. Jared Kushner for example graduated Harvard and then law school and an MBA from NYU. Jared assumed his father's business after the businessman was convicted and imprisoned. Don Jr. graduated the Wharton School.

Etc.

We then could compare and contrast how ordinary people who post their opinion publicly fared in their education relative to someone who has established a public presence of leadership and considerable meritorious creds by age 18. While keeping up his grades.

Last edited:
Methinks it would be interesting if just this one time posters to the thread because of its topic post the college they graduated from. Since we know David Hogg's major is polysci, to include major field too. Might say also the colleges that said no dice.

You first since you're dominating the thread in post count. Jared Kushner for example graduated Harvard and then law school and an MBA from NYU. Jared assumed his father's business after the businessman was convicted and imprisoned. Don Jr. graduated the Wharton School.

Etc.

why? I didn't go to Harvard though I got into two of their graduate programs

I trash a guy who wants to diminish our rights because he is a pawn for assholes like Michael Bloomberg. And we note his acceptance was based on his politics.

As an Ivy League graduate you should be better at analysis. He was not accepted based on his politics...he was accepted based on his ability to move his political agenda.

That is generally seen as a quality leaders possess. Harvard knows that, why don't you? I kind of expect the silly comments of your side kick, but this should be more your bailiwick.

As an Ivy League graduate you should be better at analysis. He was not accepted based on his politics...he was accepted based on his ability to move his political agenda.

That is generally seen as a quality leaders possess. Harvard knows that, why don't you? I kind of expect the silly comments of your side kick, but this should be more your bailiwick.

do you think a guy who was a pro rights leader would have been accepted? Honestly?

Back
Top Bottom