• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

David Hogg accepted to Harvard

You referenced your college experience which means you said something about your college experience. You were an unhappy "conservative" who you say was oppressed by liberals who you are certain "would gladly take away my freedom of expression, if not thought." Given the nonsense statement one can see why you may have been dismissed by intelligent people who have no such purpose or thought.

As to your "millions and millions" of up and coming conservatives I'm glad I engendered some perspective and hope to your state of conservative unhappiness. I submit this means each you and I can be uplifted entering the new year, 2019, so cheers all around. Yes there are millions and millions of conservatives in America but oops there aren't nearly enough or even as many millions and millions as you might like, want, need. Making matters worse over there is that Potus Donald Trump is a dagger to the heart of conservatism in America. I must say I couldn't have done myself what you guys yourselves have done to wreck conservatism in America.

Post #521 was a general commentary about the way conservatives are treated, particulalry in academia and the media. It has nothing to do with me or my own experiences. Perhaps you need to read it again as well as the post it was responding to. Oh, and conservatism is alive and well and will continue to be post-Trump. You are merely expressing your fondest hopes, not any fact. FWIW, more people self identify as conservative than liberal and this has been so for a good while.

Post #521 was a general commentary about the way conservatives are treated, particulalry in academia and the media. It has nothing to do with me or my own experiences. Perhaps you need to read it again as well as the post it was responding to. Oh, and conservatism is alive and well and will continue to be post-Trump. You are merely expressing your fondest hopes, not any fact. FWIW, more people self identify as conservative than liberal and this has been so for a good while.

You said that in college, conservatives are regularly scorned and shouted down. Now you are saying that has nothing to do with your experiences. I can think of only two possibilities that explain what you have said

1) You did not go to college

2) You went to college but were not scorned or shouted down, which contradicts your claim that it happens regularly

You said that in college, conservatives are regularly scorned and shouted down. Now you are saying that has nothing to do with your experiences. I can think of only two possibilities that explain what you have said

1) You did not go to college

2) You went to college but were not scorned or shouted down, which contradicts your claim that it happens regularly

How often have we seen conservatives shouted down as speakers on today's campuses or suddenly "disinvited". Everyone knows this happens.

So, in other words, you can't answer my question. That, and your rant about "extremists" and "need(ing) an arsenal to protect themselves against unarmed liberals" is verifiable? Show us.
You see, I couldn't care less what you own, how many or for how long. You seem to be the one who is "ensnared in your own fantasy" about what the NRA membership believes.
And yes, I did shoot competitively. As I stated, not all Dems are far left liberals. My GF is a Dem, and after almost 14 years, she has yet to call me an "extremist."
As for Hogg, again, I couldn't care less if or where he goes to college. It's none of my business anyway.

Hey, the thread and topic are David Hogg and Harvard College -- take your first look at the OP plse thx. So yes what's between 'em is their business indeed. All else is speculation and rote ideological attacks by the Right against each and both together. The attacks have generated 550+ posts here.

The Right is mortified that David Hogg will continue to be on your case over there for however long it takes, hence all the wild attacks against Hogg based in Right Wing fears real or imagined. The Right has also been handing out political shovels trying to create an ideological moat around Harvard. Having failed at that however the Right has been reduced to throwing stones.

You meanwhile might also take a peek back in at the Second Amendment Forum or whatever it is where that merry go round goes round. Because I couldn't care less about your rightwing gun issues and your blanket hostility toward liberals of any kind everywhere in every thing. NRA, guns and gun extremists vs liberals are not the topic of the thread.

I'm very conservative frankly as one could discern in reading a number of my posts. Progressive conservative / conservative progressive. It's just that given the otherwise fine choices at DP I prefer "Progressive." I have several times taken the oath to preserve, protect, defend, the Constitution, to include as a member of the armed forces. Since the Trump presidency and his nihilist wrecking ball Fanboys that makes me hard core conservative. A dug in conservative in fact. Embedded defender of the faith. I'm just not the Conservative that you and the other Fanboys are and that Putin relies on. No way on that score.

How often have we seen conservatives shouted down as speakers on today's campuses or suddenly "disinvited". Everyone knows this happens.

My post was about your college experience, which you completely dodged

Did you go to college? If so, were you scorned or shouted down?

I'm very conservative frankly as one could discern in reading a number of my posts. Progressive conservative / conservative progressive. It's just that given the otherwise fine choices at DP I prefer "Progressive." I have several times taken the oath to preserve, protect, defend, the Constitution, to include as a member of the armed forces. Since the Trump presidency and his nihilist wrecking ball Fanboys that makes me hard core conservative. A dug in conservative in fact. Embedded defender of the faith. I'm just not the Conservative that you and the other Fanboys are and that Putin relies on. No way on that score.

Please, don't presume to know anything about me. Trump has plenty of flaws but he has the right ideas about putting the country ahead of the quest for globalism. Oh, and if you've bought into the Putin nonsense, then maybe the "progressive" label fits.

Please, don't presume to know anything about me. Trump has plenty of flaws but he has the right ideas about putting the country ahead of the quest for globalism. Oh, and if you've bought into the Putin nonsense, then maybe the "progressive" label fits.

You're either oblivious or in denial.

America First is a guaranteed disaster to the United States. Isolationism is death. It shall not be permitted under any circumstance.

So we're a long way from David Hogg at the moment but not Harvard which the Maga crowd seeks to destroy too.

Anti-intellectualism in American culture continues however. Rejection of environmental science is one manifestation of it.

Trump is the living proof of it. The extremist NRA is an enforcement arm of it. The Right are its troopers through the storm. David Hogg goes right at 'em so good on him presently and going forward.

Hey, the thread and topic are David Hogg and Harvard College -- take your first look at the OP plse thx. So yes what's between 'em is their business indeed. All else is speculation and rote ideological attacks by the Right against each and both together. The attacks have generated 550+ posts here.

The Right is mortified that David Hogg will continue to be on your case over there for however long it takes, hence all the wild attacks against Hogg based in Right Wing fears real or imagined. The Right has also been handing out political shovels trying to create an ideological moat around Harvard. Having failed at that however the Right has been reduced to throwing stones.

You meanwhile might also take a peek back in at the Second Amendment Forum or whatever it is where that merry go round goes round. Because I couldn't care less about your rightwing gun issues and your blanket hostility toward liberals of any kind everywhere in every thing. NRA, guns and gun extremists vs liberals are not the topic of the thread.

It was YOU who brought up the NRA in your top quoted post, so don't accuse me of going off topic.
As for the hostility, again, it was You who is being hostile toward the NRA. Maybe you should practice
what you preach.

It was YOU who brought up the NRA in your top quoted post, so don't accuse me of going off topic.
As for the hostility, again, it was You who is being hostile toward the NRA. Maybe you should practice
what you preach.

NRA has been mentioned in passing throughout the thread which is an awareness you'd have had you been involved from the OP on. Many posters join a thread in progress yet most do their best to catch up or to qualify their post by saying they may have missed something, or both. You conversely have stated you're not interested in David Hogg and Harvard which is in fact the OP. I've pointed this out yet here it is necessary to say it again. I mentioned the NRA in passing and you went whole hog on NRA, guns, liberals, Democrats, your gf plus the kitchen sink. So maybe it's time or past time to call it a thread. I know I'm not likely to hang around your tangential and personally obsessive topics much longer if at all.

NRA has been mentioned in passing throughout the thread which is an awareness you'd have had you been involved from the OP on. Many posters join a thread in progress yet most do their best to catch up or to qualify their post by saying they may have missed something, or both. You conversely have stated you're not interested in David Hogg and Harvard which is in fact the OP. I've pointed this out yet here it is necessary to say it again. I mentioned the NRA in passing and you went whole hog on NRA, guns, liberals, Democrats, your gf plus the kitchen sink. So maybe it's time or past time to call it a thread. I know I'm not likely to hang around your tangential and personally obsessive topics much longer if at all.

Hypocrisy at it's finest...

You're either oblivious or in denial.

America First is a guaranteed disaster to the United States. Isolationism is death. It shall not be permitted under any circumstance.

So we're a long way from David Hogg at the moment but not Harvard which the Maga crowd seeks to destroy too.

Nobody is talking about isolationism. Staying out of useless, costly and destabilizing wars with no clear exit strategy, is not isolationism but common sense. Similarly, getting out of or renegotiating one sided deals which hurt more than help the US. As for Harvard, nobody cares about them. We know what they're about. We can still comment on them, however.

Just wondering if Harvard has confirmed the news that David Hogg has put out there about his acceptance to Harvard? I know they were contacted and it's strange they haven't responded.

Back
Top Bottom