• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colonisation of West Bank to start again

Ah, we should probably let folks get back to attacking each other over ME issues, or else I will have to thread ban myself.

10% of the children suffering from stunted growth which is the present situation in Gaza is a humanitarian crisis,

What, with the fact that a little over half of Gazans are married to a familial relative, (30 percent to first cousins) one would expect stunted growth to be one of the natural byproducts of such high levels of consanguinity.

Yeah, there was a major problem with kicking the Jews out of their homes in the Gaza Strip against there will. They took themselves out of Gaza and allowed it to be overrun with terrorist monsters who in turn attack Israel.

You mean kicking Jews out of their settlements in Gaza. Their homes were in Israel and they chose to be part of an illegal colonization effort. They paid the consequences.

alexa said:
10% of the children suffering from stunted growth which is the present situation in Gaza is a humanitarian crisis
What, with the fact that a little over half of Gazans are married to a familial relative, (30% to first cousins) one would expect stunted growth to be one of the natural byproducts of such high levels of consanguinity.
10% is indeed considerably Lower than their neighbors 'stunting'.
Maybe it's because of the Welfare state care provided by the UNRWA we and the EU pay the bulk of.
UN report on Middle East catalogues widening inequality

"..."The report cites the stunted growth of children as a growing phenomenon in the Middle East. In some states the number of children growing up stunted form a higher percentage than those attaining normal height. This is particularly the case in populations that have experienced extreme poverty and war over an extended period, including Yemen, Iraq and Sudan.

Anthropometry measures show that stunted growth among children is as high as 52% in Yemen, 44% in Mauritania, with rates in Comoros and Iraq above 30%. In Egypt, Kuwait, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Morocco, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Syrian Arab Republic and the UAE, levels of stunted growth are recorded at levels of between 15% and 25%."..."
And yet No Flotillas/Stunts for the much more oft Stunted children of Yemen, Mauritania, and even those of Saudi Arabia and the UAE!

Last edited:
You mean kicking Jews out of their settlements in Gaza. Their homes were in Israel and they chose to be part of an illegal colonization effort. They paid the consequences.

Yes, Jews have been clensed from Gaza, and this despite the archaeological evidence that places Jews in Gaza well before the advent of Islam.

But as long as Jews are clensed, all's well, eh?

Only Hezbollah isn't the SS and they haven't commited a holocaust.

No not yet, but the Iranian Hitler tells us that he wants Israel wiped off the map and is currently building nukes to do just that if he chooses. Hezbollah is commanded by him.... so the comparison is accurate.

Its not the Palestinians who have kicked the Jews out.. .
No the Romans did but the Palestinians sure have tried to havent they?

Nah, they build homes and moved into Gaza and invested in the land. They lived in Gaza and were forced out in a very fascist manner from their homes. The only human rights violation Israel has made was forcing Jews out of the Gaza Strip. That, and neglecting to protect Israeli citizens for months while Hamas fired rockets into Israel. The ones who should be paying consequences are the Palestinians for their wicked conduct, hatred, and terrorism. Israel could arrest a terrorist and have the world condemn them while Hamas kills innocent people and launches rockets into Israel with no condemnation.

Nah, they build homes and moved into Gaza and invested in the land. They lived in Gaza and were forced out in a very fascist manner from their homes. The only human rights violation Israel has made was forcing Jews out of the Gaza Strip. That, and neglecting to protect Israeli citizens for months while Hamas fired rockets into Israel. The ones who should be paying consequences are the Palestinians for their wicked conduct, hatred, and terrorism. Israel could arrest a terrorist and have the world condemn them while Hamas kills innocent people and launches rockets into Israel with no condemnation.
No, you have no idea what you are talking. Israel occupies the Gaza Strip. Israel building settlements in the Gaza Strip was a violation of international law (Geneva Conventions). Israel evicting those extremist settlers from Gaza was complying with international law. You obviously have this bigoted hatred for Palestinians, which is why you would rather have Israel violate international law than abide by it.

Yes, Jews have been clensed from Gaza, and this despite the archaeological evidence that places Jews in Gaza well before the advent of Islam.

But as long as Jews are clensed, all's well, eh?
OK? There's archaelogical evidence that mine and everyone's mRCA is from Ethiopia. That doesn't give me some inherent right to live their and claim part of the territory as my own.

And what you fail to mention is that Jews were cleansed from Gaza by... who? Israel.

No, you have no idea what you are talking. Israel occupies the Gaza Strip. Israel building settlements in the Gaza Strip was a violation of international law (Geneva Conventions). Israel evicting those extremist settlers from Gaza was complying with international law. You obviously have this bigoted hatred for Palestinians, which is why you would rather have Israel violate international law than abide by it.

It is not against international law or the Geneva Conventions. Israel only obtained the Gaza Strip as a territory because Egypt controlled it and lost it after the Six-Day-War. They have had control over it because it isn't yet a nation. They tried to give them autonomy and ripped people out of their homes based on ethnicity/religion. Israel did not evict extremist settlers. Please, the only extremists are the Palestinians running the place (Hamas). The settlers were Jewish Israelis who moved to the Gaza Strip and invested in business/started businesses. It wasn't some kind of dark, Zionist, little satan attempt at killing and taking over Palestinians. Regardless, it is irrelevant because Israel wrongfully evicted Jews from their homes to appease the Arabs in Gaza and give them a shot at self governance. I have no hatred for Palestinians, however I do have a hatred for terrorists and their supporters. I support a two state solution, but I am against Palestinian terrorist organizations running the place and vowing to kill Jews and fire rockets at them. You accuse me of hating Palestinians, but do you hate Israelis? Would you rather have Hamas violate international law by firing rockets at Jewish civilians and buildings? Let's not play the anti-semitic/anti-Palestinian cards.

OK? There's archaelogical evidence that mine and everyone's mRCA is from Ethiopia. That doesn't give me some inherent right to live their and claim part of the territory as my own.

Genetic, not archaeological.

And what you fail to mention is that Jews were cleansed from Gaza by... who? Israel.

in order to satisfy the demands of those like yourself who want a Juden-free Gaza.

It is not against international law or the Geneva Conventions.
Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention:
The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies.
Thus, it became illegal for those settlers to settle onto occupied territory. You are blaming Israel for complying with international law by evicting people that to settle in occupied territory.

Israel only obtained the Gaza Strip as a territory because Egypt controlled it and lost it after the Six-Day-War.
Israel occupied the Gaza Strip, they did not obtain it. Egypt occupied the Gaza Strip too.
They have had control over it because it isn't yet a nation. They tried to give them autonomy and ripped people out of their homes based on ethnicity/religion. Israel did not evict extremist settlers. Please, the only extremists are the Palestinians running the place (Hamas). The settlers were Jewish Israelis who moved to the Gaza Strip and invested in business/started businesses.
You deny that there are extremist settlers? The vast majority of settlers are extremists.
YouTube - Visual: Settlers attack Palestinian Shepherds
Apparently these settlers used baseball bats to beat Palestinian farmers.
http://www.ochaopt.org/documents/ocha_opt_settler_vilonce_special_focus_2008_12_18.pdf

I can post a hundred more examples of settler violence directed at Palestinians. The recent mosque burning and vanadalism is one. The 8 year old settler girl who took a giant rock and smashed it on a Palestinian's head is another.

It wasn't some kind of dark, Zionist, little satan attempt at killing and taking over Palestinians. Regardless, it is irrelevant because Israel wrongfully evicted Jews from their homes to appease the Arabs in Gaza and give them a shot at self governance.
Israel wrongfully evicted those people in your eyes. In reality, they were lawfully evicted having violated Article 49 of 4th Geneva Convention.

I have no hatred for Palestinians, however I do have a hatred for terrorists and their supporters.
Settler violence is terrorism (although the media will never report it as such). You have, over numerous times, stated you support Israel's settlement activity. Does that include settlers directing terrorism as Palestinian civilians?

I support a two state solution, but I am against Palestinian terrorist organizations running the place and vowing to kill Jews and fire rockets at them. You accuse me of hating Palestinians, but do you hate Israelis? Would you rather have Hamas violate international law by firing rockets at Jewish civilians and buildings? Let's not play the anti-semitic/anti-Palestinian cards.
ROFL, only two posts to play the antisemitism charge. You support a two state solution, but you somehow support a policy that contradicts the two state solution and runs counter to peace. That makes you a hypocrite. As for the comment on Hamas violating international law, great job with the straw man and deflection. This topic is about Israeli settlement, not Hamas violations of international laws (which I have denounced multiple times). Yet you support Israeli settlement, meaning you support Israel breaking international law.

Genetic, not archaeological.
And how did they use to archaelogical evidence to prove that is was Jews who inhabitated Gaza and not say... Druze? Genetic evidence. Archaelogical evidence cannot classify remains as belong to a Jewish person. Genetic evidence does that.
in order to satisfy the demands of those like yourself who want a Juden-free Gaza.
Nice troll/bait post. Typical for Gardener to not post anything substantial.

Nice troll/bait post. Typical for Gardener to not post anything substantial.

Moderator's Warning:
Ah... NO. This is a flame comment. Do not do this again.

I generally avoid your posts, but I'll touch upon this one:

Thus, it became illegal for those settlers to settle onto occupied territory. You are blaming Israel for complying with international law by evicting people that to settle in occupied territory.

GC49 was not violated here since israel did not compel people to move there - israeli civilians moved there of their own choice.

Israel occupied the Gaza Strip, they did not obtain it. Egypt occupied the Gaza Strip too.

So then how come the arabs in Gaza under egyptian rule made zero efforts towards either:

1-terrorizing egyptian soldiers/civilians to force them from Gaza
2-forming a sovereign territory by which they would be the controlling interest?

Why did these actions by the Gaza arabs only initiate under jewish rule?

You deny that there are extremist settlers?

No one rational does, but unlike with the arab muslims, it is not the "extremists" or "extremist settlers" who are in the government propelling policy...

The vast majority of settlers are extremists.

This is a lie, and completely unsubstantiated. If I were to respond with an equally idiotic generalization about arab muslims, no doubt our friend captain c would infract me, so I'll leave it alone. How a person can generalize about 200,000 people is beyond me.

I'll take baseball bats over machine gun or rocket fire - or walking into restaurants with suicide belts...

I can post a hundred more examples of settler violence directed at Palestinians. The recent mosque burning and vanadalism is one. The 8 year old settler girl who took a giant rock and smashed it on a Palestinian's head is another.

If you are so genuinely concerned with the quality of life of the gazan arabs, where are your posts concerning hamas' recent violent closure of a girls' camp, or their murdering of a teenager who tried to stop them from firing rockets from his family home's backyard?

This topic is about Israeli settlement, not Hamas violations of international laws (which I have denounced multiple times).

Of course it is, since only israel and its alleged misdeeds can only ever be discussed. That is, of course until we discuss iran's nuclear weapons program - then the focus can be adjusted onto the acceptance of iranian nuclear weapons since israel has them...

Last edited:
Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention:

As far as I know things, Israel was not deporting or transferring Jews to occupied Gaza. Jews moved on their own into Gaza by their own free will and not at the hand of Israel forcing them to go there. There is no violation of Article 49.
Yes, and because Egypt along with other Arab nations instigated a war, Israel took control of the territories that their belligerents occupied. At one point Jordan claimed sovereignty over the West Bank and gave the Arabs living their legal Jordanian citizenship. Jordan not only occupied but claimed the rights to the West Bank and gave the Arabs their citizenship. Is this not "conquering"? Or is it only ok for Arab Muslims to annex and take land from other Arab Muslims? Would it be ok if Israel took over the West Bank and gave everyone there Israeli citizenship?
You deny that there are extremist settlers? The vast majority of settlers are extremists.
YouTube - Visual: Settlers attack Palestinian Shepherds
http://www.ochaopt.org/documents/ocha_opt_settler_vilonce_special_focus_2008_12_18.pdf
A few instances does not mean that all of them or even the majority were extremists. Can we call the Palestinians living in Israel who call for the destruction of the nation extremist Palestinian settlers? I mean, they do have freedoms and the rights to vote, and many of them vote other Palestinian extremists into the Knesset. Regardless, the "extremists settlers" were all evicted against their will by the Israeli government. The land was ethnically cleansed of the Jews to appease the Palestinians.
And I can post hundreds of examples of Hamas firing rockets into Israel, of Palestinian media indoctrinating children into being martyrs, and of children's TV shows telling kids that their hero will eat the Jews. Plus, I can point to legal charters, documents, and statements made by terrorist organizations who call for death to the Jews. Isolated incidents like those are the fault of the individuals, not the government or the nation of Israel. However, the Palestinian government and ruling parties do endorse hatred and genocide.
Israel wrongfully evicted those people in your eyes. In reality, they were lawfully evicted having violated Article 49 of 4th Geneva Convention.
Again, article 49 was not violated with Jews moving into Gaza and investing money in business and buying homes there. Israel was not deporting or transferring citizens into the Gaza Strip in hopes of colonizing it as a Jewish state. Individuals (who happened to be Israeli Jews) moved into the land to seize upon economic opportunity and move their families and homes there.
Settler violence is terrorism (although the media will never report it as such). You have, over numerous times, stated you support Israel's settlement activity. Does that include settlers directing terrorism as Palestinian civilians?
Settler violence is violence. Not all violence is terrorism. Again, what settlers do is something at an individual level. It would be different if Israel was calling for the Jews and settlers to commit acts of violence and kill all the Muslims/Arabs. I support economic freedom and the rights of Jews to invest their money in the West Bank and move their homes there. Do you support a state that says "No Jews allowed, no Jewish money may be invested, kill the Jews!"? Palestinians can become legal citizens in Israel with every right that Israeli Jews have. Why can't Israeli Jews move to the occupied territory of the West Bank and invest in their economy?
ROFL, only two posts to play the antisemitism charge. You support a two state solution, but you somehow support a policy that contradicts the two state solution and runs counter to peace. That makes you a hypocrite. As for the comment on Hamas violating international law, great job with the straw man and deflection. This topic is about Israeli settlement, not Hamas violations of international laws (which I have denounced multiple times). Yet you support Israeli settlement, meaning you support Israel breaking international law.
I never called you anti-semitic. In fact what I specifically said was that we shouldn't degrade our debate by saying "anti-semitic" or "anti-Palestinian." To quote myself
Let's not play the anti-semitic/anti-Palestinian cards.
My comment was directed towards your false accusation that I myself am anti-Palestinian and that I hate the Palestinian people. I support a free and independent Palestinian nation and a free independent Israeli nation. I do not support the creation of a Palestinian nation who's goal is to destroy the Jews and Israel. I do not support any nation that would be governed by the terrorist organization Hamas. I want a free and sovereign state for the Palestinians. But I also want peace and security for the Israelis and Israel. Establishing a terrorist regime and making it a nation does not keep Israel safe, nor does it help the Palestinian people either.

Last edited:
I generally avoid your posts, but I'll touch upon this one:

GC49 was not violated here since israel did not compel people to move there - israeli civilians moved there of their own choice.
[/quote]
Wrong. They received funding from the Israeli Interior Ministry, which makes it state sponsored.

So then how come the arabs in Gaza under egyptian rule made zero efforts towards either:

1-terrorizing egyptian soldiers/civilians to force them from Gaza
2-forming a sovereign territory by which they would be the controlling interest?
1. Egypt was had no settlement policy like Israel.
2. Egypt did not attack Palestinians.
Why did these actions by the Gaza arabs only initiate under jewish rule?
1. Israel has a settlement policy that currently runs counter to the peace process.
2. Israel has used disproportionate force numerous times against the Palestinians.
No one rational does, but unlike with the arab muslims, it is not the "extremists" or "extremist settlers" who are in the government propelling policy...
Wrong. Look at the first government of Israel. It was filled with Jewish terrorists, like the group from Lehi that assassinated UN Mediator Folke Bernadotte.
This is a lie, and completely unsubstantiated. If I were to respond with an equally idiotic generalization about arab muslims, no doubt our friend captain c would infract me, so I'll leave it alone. How a person can generalize about 200,000 people is beyond me.
Someone who is willing to leave a home of peace and security to live in occupied territory and be surrounded by hostile entities is obviously extreme and/or far-right. Most settlers that live in the occupied territories are among those that believe Israel has a right to Gaza/West Bank/East Jerusalem. That is an extreme view, since the international consensus is that Israel has absolutely no right to Gaza/West Bank/East Jerusalem.
I'll take baseball bats over machine gun or rocket fire - or walking into restaurants with suicide belts...
Or you can choose no violence, but we all know that you don't like that option.
If you are so genuinely concerned with the quality of life of the gazan arabs, where are your posts concerning hamas' recent violent closure of a girls' camp, or their murdering of a teenager who tried to stop them from firing rockets from his family home's backyard?
Hello straw man! Come back when you stop engaging in a logical fallacy.
Of course it is, since only israel and its alleged misdeeds can only ever be discussed. That is, of course until we discuss iran's nuclear weapons program - then the focus can be adjusted onto the acceptance of iranian nuclear weapons since israel has them...
No, that's the name of the topic you are posting in. If you want to make a topic on Iran's supposed nuclear weapons program (of which they have no delivery system for), go ahead. Don't ruin this topic with your digression.

As far as I know things, Israel was not deporting or transferring Jews to occupied Gaza. Jews moved on their own into Gaza by their own free will and not at the hand of Israel forcing them to go there. There is no violation of Article 49.
They got their with the support of the Israeli government. They received federal funding from the Israeli Interior Ministry. It was a state-sponsored policy, and the international consensus is that it is a violation of Article 49 of the 4th Geneva Convention. "As far as you know things" means jack crap here.
Yes, and because Egypt along with other Arab nations instigated a war, Israel took control of the territories that their belligerents occupied. At one point Jordan claimed sovereignty over the West Bank and gave the Arabs living their legal Jordanian citizenship. Jordan not only occupied but claimed the rights to the West Bank and gave the Arabs their citizenship. Is this not "conquering"? Or is it only ok for Arab Muslims to annex and take land from other Arab Muslims? Would it be ok if Israel took over the West Bank and gave everyone there Israeli citizenship?
Apparently you are ignorant of history too. Israel instigated the conflict by diverting the amount of water that went into Jordan from the Jordan River. And no, Jordan did not 'conquer' the West Bank (you are apparently oblivious to what conquer means). Jordan occupied it and then attempted to annex it, which was not recognized by anyone but the UK. They have since reliquenshed all claims to the West Bank, as Egypt has with Gaza. Israel, in the meantime, has been blatantly land grabbing for decades and this is something you support.
A few instances does not mean that all of them or even the majority were extremists. Can we call the Palestinians living in Israel who call for the destruction of the nation extremist Palestinian settlers? I mean, they do have freedoms and the rights to vote, and many of them vote other Palestinian extremists into the Knesset. Regardless, the "extremists settlers" were all evicted against their will by the Israeli government. The land was ethnically cleansed of the Jews to appease the Palestinians.
A few instances? More like a few hundred instances a year. And the Palestinians living in Israel are not 'settlers'. They were legal residents in the region under the British Mandate and happened to live in the territory that was declared Israel. The extremist settlers were evicted, against their will (not all of them, a lot of settlements complied), for violating international law. If you cannot accept that, too bad.
And I can post hundreds of examples of Hamas firing rockets into Israel, of Palestinian media indoctrinating children into being martyrs, and of children's TV shows telling kids that their hero will eat the Jews. Plus, I can point to legal charters, documents, and statements made by terrorist organizations who call for death to the Jews. Isolated incidents like those are the fault of the individuals, not the government or the nation of Israel. However, the Palestinian government and ruling parties do endorse hatred and genocide.
The Palestinian government is the Palestinan Authority. Care to cite where the PA has endorsed hatred and genocide, or are you going to quit making things up?
Again, article 49 was not violated with Jews moving into Gaza and investing money in business and buying homes there. Israel was not deporting or transferring citizens into the Gaza Strip in hopes of colonizing it as a Jewish state. Individuals (who happened to be Israeli Jews) moved into the land to seize upon economic opportunity and move their families and homes there.
You are completely ignorant to Israeli settlement. Israel funds the settlements.
[t]he transfer, directly or indirectly, by the Occupying Power of parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies is a violation of international law
Just because Israel does not directly provide opportunities for people to move into occupied territory does not mean it has not indirectly supported the action for decades. The international consensus is that the Israeli settlement policy is a violation of Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention and Article 8(2)(b)(viii) of the International Criminal Court Rome Statute.
Settler violence is violence. Not all violence is terrorism. Again, what settlers do is something at an individual level. It would be different if Israel was calling for the Jews and settlers to commit acts of violence and kill all the Muslims/Arabs. I support economic freedom and the rights of Jews to invest their money in the West Bank and move their homes there. Do you support a state that says "No Jews allowed, no Jewish money may be invested, kill the Jews!"? Palestinians can become legal citizens in Israel with every right that Israeli Jews have. Why can't Israeli Jews move to the occupied territory of the West Bank and invest in their economy?
'What settlers do is something at an individual level.' What blatant falsehoods. Numerous times the settlers have stated that any Israeli action against the settlements will result in violence directed at Palestinian civilians. Their intent when committing these acts of violence is purely political. Those that attack Palestinian farmers, buildings, schoolchildren for political purposes are terrorists.

Why can't Israelis move to occupied territory? Because it will remain a violation of international law until Israel no longer occupies Palestine (including East Jerusalem). As for Israeli Arabs having the same rights as Jews in Israel, yeah right. You obviously don't read the news. Israel has practiced discriminatory measures for decades. Just look at the Jew-only roads in the West Bank.
I never called you anti-semitic. In fact what I specifically said was that we shouldn't degrade our debate by saying "anti-semitic" or "anti-Palestinian." To quote myself My comment was directed towards your false accusation that I myself am anti-Palestinian and that I hate the Palestinian people. I support a free and independent Palestinian nation and a free independent Israeli nation. I do not support the creation of a Palestinian nation who's goal is to destroy the Jews and Israel. I do not support any nation that would be governed by the terrorist organization Hamas. I want a free and sovereign state for the Palestinians. But I also want peace and security for the Israelis and Israel. Establishing a terrorist regime and making it a nation does not keep Israel safe, nor does it help the Palestinian people either.
Then how can you support the Israeli settlement policy when:

- it runs counter to the peace process
- it is purposely set up to change the demographics of the West Bank and East Jerusalem (violation of UNSCR242)
- those that choose to settle n occupied territory are among those on the far-right ideological spectrum
- it is a violation of international law

You say you support peace. You support violating international law. You are nothing but another hypocrite.

They got their with the support of the Israeli government. They received federal funding from the Israeli Interior Ministry. It was a state-sponsored policy, and the international consensus is that it is a violation of Article 49 of the 4th Geneva Convention. "As far as you know things" means jack crap here.
The territories are 'disputed' not occupied. Though even many on the Israel side use the word occupied colloquially. It has become a common if incorrect designation and should be rejected even in the 'common' usage to prevent it's even more abusive legal invocation.
Article 49 is inapplicable here. (Yes I know you can wiki something up with GC 49, but not however refute the above)

Apparently you are ignorant of history too. Israel instigated the conflict by diverting the amount of water that went into Jordan from the Jordan River. And no, Jordan did not 'conquer' the West Bank (you are apparently oblivious to what conquer means). Jordan occupied it and then attempted to annex it, which was not recognized by anyone but the UK. They have since reliquenshed all claims to the West Bank, as Egypt has with Gaza. Israel, in the meantime, has been blatantly land grabbing for decades and this is something you support.
Actually Israel begged Jordan not to join the other Arab Belligerents 1967.
It didn't want the WB and wouldn't have it if they listened.
What BS above.

A few instances? More like a few hundred instances a year. And the Palestinians living in Israel are not 'settlers'. They were legal residents in the region under the British Mandate and happened to live in the territory that was declared Israel. The extremist settlers were evicted, against their will (not all of them, a lot of settlements complied), for violating international law. If you cannot accept that, too bad.
And unlike in Muslim Arab countries, in Israel minorities have rights and are respected. Palestinians in Israel still there and growing.
Some further amount of Palestinians may come under Israeli sovereignty (or Vice Versa!) pending final border negotiations.

The Palestinian government is the Palestinan Authority. Care to cite where the PA has endorsed hatred and genocide, or are you going to quit making things up?
Really!
So Abbas can tell Hamas to stop shelling or just saunter in what you says is it's own territory.. Gaza.

Just because Israel does not directly provide opportunities for people to move into occupied territory does not mean it has not indirectly supported the action for decades. The international consensus is that the Israeli settlement policy is a violation of Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention and Article 8(2)(b)(viii) of the International Criminal Court Rome Statute.
Except "consensus' in this case just means another UN or ICJ vote against Israel
Article 49 doesn't apply here for many reasons including there was no previous legal sovereign.

'What settlers do is something at an individual level.' What blatant falsehoods. Numerous times the settlers have stated that any Israeli action against the settlements will result in violence directed at Palestinian civilians. Their intent when committing these acts of violence is purely political. Those that attack Palestinian farmers, buildings, schoolchildren for political purposes are terrorists.
They're aholes to be sure and are prosecuted, but should be so even more vigorously for any crimes against persons.

Why can't Israelis move to occupied territory? Because it will remain a violation of international law until Israel no longer occupies Palestine (including East Jerusalem). As for Israeli Arabs having the same rights as Jews in Israel, yeah right. You obviously don't read the news. Israel has practiced discriminatory measures for decades. Just look at the Jew-only roads in the West Bank.
Sorry. "Disputed" is correct.
There was no legal sovereign to 'occupy'.

- it runs counter to the peace process
- it is purposely set up to change the demographics of the West Bank and East Jerusalem (violation of UNSCR242)
- those that choose to settle n occupied territory are among those on the far-right ideological spectrum
- it is a violation of international law

You say you support peace. You support violating international law. You are nothing but another hypocrite.
Even you know this is a Blatant Falsehood and couldn't defend it in the string on Resolution 242.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/middl...n-242-1967-borders-illegal-even-occupied.html
Recognizing that war was Defensive if pre-emptive, 242 calls for New Negotiated "secure and recognized" borders; recognizing the the old ones were not and Fully Foresaw a buffer for Israel somewhat beyond their 1948 designated territory.
Another reason 'occupation' is wrong and 'disputed'/'disputed pending border negotiations' is the correct terminology.

Last edited:
I support economic freedom and the rights of Jews to invest their money in the West Bank and move their homes there. Do you support a state that says "No Jews allowed, no Jewish money may be invested, kill the Jews!"? Palestinians can become legal citizens in Israel with every right that Israeli Jews have. Why can't Israeli Jews move to the occupied territory of the West Bank and invest in their economy?
Sure they can move to the West Bank, as long as they live under the jurisdiction of the Palestinian state and live as Palestinians. But they are not there to live under the Palestinian Authority, they are there to take land away and "settle" it.

Back
Top Bottom