• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colonisation of West Bank to start again

Can you provide some links so i can see where your getting your info? Im just curious btw.

I am 'abu afak' below.
A Quarter Century before Herzl ws even born.

Israel Forum - View Single Post - No Jews lived in 'Palestine' before WWII...

"...In 1834, local Safed Arabs revolted against the governor, Habaashe, of Egypt. During the uprising, Safed was attacked and All of the Jews were robbed. Rabbi Bak's home and the publishing house were destroyed. The Jewish community was saved by a large military contingent sent from Egypt.

The Jewish community was only beginning to recover, when in 1837, an earthquake leveled the cities of Tiberias and Safed, killing several thousand people. What little remained was taken from the Jewish community by force, a few years later, when the local population rebelled against the Egyptian regime a second time. In response to the destruction and the plundering, Bak traveled to Alexandria to entreat the governor to intercede.

While Bak was in Alexandria, word of the blood libel being directed against the Jews in Damascus reached the Egyptian capital. Bak took it upon himself to collect letters from a good number of Jewish communities, describing what was taking place. He sent them directly to Sir Moses Montefiore in London. As a result of his actions, Montefiore came to Alexandria, personally, to offer political and financial assistance to the beleaguered Jewish community. Being embroiled in an escalating conflict with Constantinople, Habaashe would not see him and the mission ended in failure, forcing Bak to return to Safed with nothing. Unable to return home to Safed, Bak spent three months in Jerusalem, where with the aid and encouragement of Daniel Alkalai, he sought and received the endorsement of both the Sefardic and Ashkenazic leadership to establish the first Hebrew press in the Holy City."..."

Last edited:
You live in fairy land. The cost of goods is so expensive, many Gazans cannot afford basic food supplies, aid is rationed, and unemployement stands at 40%.
Wake up.

I've stated one clear statement: There was no humanitarian crisis in Gaza.
And the unemployment in Gaza was quite high before the blockade too.

There is no dispute, an organization that deliberately attacks innocent civilians from a specific nationality and is trying to murder them is a terrorist organization. Claiming that such organization is not a terrorist organization is pure and clear support of terrorism.

Israel targets innocent Palestinians with the blockade. :shrug:

Absolutely.

Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term which denotes language, ideas, policies, and behavior seen as seeking to minimize social and institutional offense in occupational, gender, racial, cultural, sexual orientation, handicap ...

What does the above have anything to do with what your quoted?

The side that deliberately targets civilians is the side that engages in terrorism.
The US kills civilians, it doesn't target them but it's killing them, more civilians than al-Qaeda kills, but does that mean that the US is a terrorist state and al-Qaeda is not a terrorist organization?
Absolutely not, such claim is pure and simple terror supporting.

You mean like the aid flotilla?

The EU has never stated that Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization.
Read my words before responding to them:
"Anyone who ignores this reality and says that Hezbollah, which is one of the biggest terrorist organizations in the world, is not a terrorist organization, is nothing but, in my own honest opinion, a terrorist-supporter. "

They have never stated that Hezbollah is a terrorist organization.

No you are wrong with that statement, the general blockade has ended and what we have now is not a general blockade but a military blockade.
None of those are necessities, so that's not something that would cause a humanitarian crisis.
Besides that now that those are no longer barred, I don't see a reason to argue about them anymore.

why was the blockade originally a "general" one instead of a "military" one if the intent was not to create a crisis among the population of Palestinians in gaza

the reason for exploring this is to determine the legitimacy or inhumanity of israeli actions against the residents of gaza

Ever heard about World War 2? World war 1? The crusades?
How far do you want me to go exactly?

Wait, your suprised?
With the building popularity of zionism in Europe and the clear British intentions of supporting this ideology during there rule over Palestine, its exactly this movement which spurred from the Jewish diaspora which caused the kind of tensions and retaliatory attacks from Arabs. They didn't attack out of the blue, you know.

Unfortunately, the Arab idiocy of conflict before diplomacy only made Zionism a reality quicker than it should have been. Before Zionism ever came into the equation, they seemed to be just fine together.

Last edited:
Israel targets innocent Palestinians with the blockade.
No it doesn't.
What does the above have anything to do with what your quoted?
Here:
The central uses of the term relate to particular issues of race, gender, handicaps, ethnicity, sexual preference, culture and worldviews, and encompass both the language in which issues are discussed and the viewpoints that are expressed.
You mean like the aid flotilla?
The aid flotilla was not an act of terrorism since the attacked party were soldiers personnel, hence a guerilla warfare if you'd like.
I do however think that some of those on board were related to terrorists and were involved in terrorist activities in the past, as the IDF essay shows.
They have never stated that Hezbollah is a terrorist organization.
Let me walk you through this:
Anyone who ignores reality and says Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization is a terrorist supporter.
Did the EU ever state that Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization?
No they did not.
You wish me to say it more slowly now?

Wait, your suprised?
No, even though that would be "you're", but still no.
With the building popularity of zionism in Europe and the clear British intentions of supporting this ideology during there rule over Palestine
What the hell are you talking about?
The British have sank Jewish refugees boats, boats that came from the holocaust zone with the intention of fleeing to Mandate Palestine.
The British have also published "white books" where they've stated that the Jewish immigration is illegal and have tried to combat it.
You have nothing to do with reality or history, you're trying to promote lies here and I suggest you to stop.
its exactly this movement which spurred from the Jewish diaspora which caused the kind of tensions and retaliatory attacks from Arabs. They didn't attack out of the blue, you know.
The Arabs were against the idea of Jews having a state of their own in that land, and that's why they were attacking Jews.
Unfortunately, the Arab idiocy of conflict before diplomacy only made Zionism a reality quicker than it should have been.
Actually no, Israel was established through diplomacy, the 48' war came a day after the establishment of the state.

why was the blockade originally a "general" one instead of a "military" one if the intent was not to create a crisis among the population of Palestinians in gaza
To place stress on Hamas and cut its economic supplies.

No it doesn't.

Considering the impact it has had on the quality of life on Palestinians, intentionally or not, it has targeted innocent civilians. Unfortunately, this terrible mentality of collateral damage in Israel has to stop, because it will not weaken Hamas, but make it stronger.

Ok? And?

The aid flotilla was not an act of terrorism since the attacked party were soldiers personnel, hence a guerilla warfare if you'd like.

Nazi's aren't terrorists, FARC aren't terrorists, blah blah. They are all on the same shit pile.

I do however think that some of those on board were related to terrorists and were involved in terrorist activities in the past, as the IDF essay shows.

Yes, they found this out after they shot them.

Let me walk you through this:
Anyone who ignores reality and says Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization is a terrorist supporter.
Did the EU ever state that Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization?
No they did not.

They never said it wasn't a terrorist organization. In fact, they have clearly failed to mention Hezbollah at all. Surely that is "ignoring reality" to the highest degree?

but how would being without chocolate stress hamas?

Hamas controls the supplies and hence takes taxes on them, financing its economy.
Necessities were not banned.

They could solidify chocolate and build a bunker. Duh.

Yeah but was it worth the humanitarian crisis that has occurred as the result of the banning of chocolate?
We all know how healthy and necessary chocolate is to the human body.

Yeah but was it worth the humanitarian crisis that has occurred as the result of the banning of chocolate?
We all know how healthy and necessary chocolate is to the human body.

No, they seem to be managing just fine on the air-plane food handouts you guys seem to be giving them.

I've stated one clear statement: There was no humanitarian crisis in Gaza.
And the unemployment in Gaza was quite high before the blockade too.

Ive stated one clear statement: your wrong.
At least before, any potential for economic growth wasn't throttled by external entities. The economic figures are against you.

the reason for exploring this is to determine the legitimacy or inhumanity of israeli actions against the residents of gaza
Israel Has been providing Needed aid throughout the Blockade of Gaza.
NO One has starved.. unlike many other places Fony Flotillas could have sailed to.

And how quickly they forget.

Inquiry will prove intention of activists aboard flotilla anything but peaceful - Norwalk News - The Hour - Norwalk's Newspaper
"...When Israel first imposed a blockade on Gaza in 2007, the move received tacit support from the Palestinian authority, the United States, and some European governments, according to U.N. officials. Egypt, which shares a border with Gaza, helped Israel enforce it.

At the heart of the debate over Israel's policy is whether there is a legal case for the Gaza blockade. Israel maintains that it is in a state of war with Hamas, the Palestinian militant movement that took over Gaza by force in 2007, and continued to shoot rockets at Israeli towns following the devastating Israeli incursion.
The laws of war permit the imposition of naval blockades, even allowing a state to board a vessel on international waters if it is intended to breach the blockade...."

"....At the same time, all of the blame for the sad state of affairs in Gaza falls on Israel, even though Egypt usually keeps its gates to Gaza tightly locked, too.
Imagine for a moment that the activists had decided to storm Egypt's gates to Gaza instead and, when Egyptian troops tried to stop the aid caravan, activists assaulted the soldiers with iron rods and knives.
If the Egyptians shot and killed nine people in the ensuing melee, do you think the U.N, Security Council would be dropping everything right now to rush through a resolution condemning Egypt? Certainly not."....

Last edited:
No, they seem to be managing just fine on the air-plane food handouts you guys seem to be giving them.

You mean trucks.
15 trucks filled with tons of food per day.
And that was before the lift of the general blockade.

You mean trucks.
15 trucks filled with tons of food per day.
And that was before the lift of the general blockade.

15 trucks? Isn't the population of Gaza at 1.5 million?

Let me tell you something. Do you find it acceptable Gazans should live off rations and be subject to the lowest quality of life just as long as Israel "supplies that aid"? It's an unacceptable way to live.

Ive stated one clear statement: your wrong.
Well I should just let reality have its say:
While international aid agencies say there is no starvation or acute medical crisis there, malnutrition is creeping up, water treatment and sewage are problematic and the economy has been almost entirely shut down by the blockade, which is also enforced by Egypt. The United States and other world powers say that the situation is untenable and that a new approach must be found.
Israeli Military Boards Gaza Aid Ship - NYTimes.com

You're wrong again and you're proven to be wrong on every little thing that you claim.
At least before, any potential for economic growth wasn't throttled by external entities. The economic figures are against you.
Simply stating so without backing yourself up only acts as a proof to show how wrong you are.
Base that statement or admit to reality.

:rofl

Your quote proves my point.
Actually it proves that while it's a hard life there is no humanitarian crisis there.
Which was my point to begin with, if you'd notice the post where I've stated that "I make only one statement: there is no humanitarian crisis in the strip".
You said that's wrong and I've just proven you wrong.
So, what your saying is, the blockade has improved the lives of Gazans?
No, I'm stating that the differences in the unemployment are not that huge at all.

Actually it proves that while it's a hard life there is no humanitarian crisis there.
Which was my point to begin with, if you'd notice the post where I've stated that "I make only one statement: there is no humanitarian crisis in the strip".

Oh okay, because starvation (the aid is low grade high fat crap) and a lack of medical goods is the bases for the definition of a humanitarian crises. :roll:

Lets look at the figures.

Unemployment rate:

40% (2009 est.)

Population below poverty line:

70% (2009 est.)

School life expectancy (primary to tertiary education):

total: 14 years
male: 13 years
female: 14 years (2006)

Around 500,000 people including 280,000 children were forced from their homes at some point during the conflict. Where whole neighborhoods were destroyed 'tent cities' have sprung up and are now home to hundreds of people, many without access to clean drinking water and toilets.

Sources; CIA factbook and oneworld.net

Last edited:
Flotilla/Humanitarian Disaster My Rump I.
"Oh the Humanity!"

NY Times Oct 22 2009:
Rafah Journal
Goods FLOOD Gaza’s Tunnels, Turning Border Area Into a Shopping Mecca
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/22/world/middleeast/22rafah.html?_r=1

RAFAH, Gaza — Dusty sacks filled with cans of Coca-Cola were being loaded onto trucks by young boys, headed for Supermarkets in Gaza City.
Thousands of Motorcycles were lined up on display in a nearby stadium, ranging in price from $2,000 to $10,000.

At Nijma market, refrigerators, flat-screen televisions, microwaves, air-conditioners, generators and ovens Filled the tents, all at inflated prices, having been spirited into this town on the border with Egypt through tunnels under the sand. Some Gazans have even purchased Cars smuggled in parts into the isolated Palestinian enclave.
[...........]
there are more tunnels now than ever, and Rafah has turned into a Shopping Mecca where the tunnel owners are kings.
[...........]In the past, armed gangs roamed this frontier town with a lawless feel; journalists and humanitarian workers were about the only visitors to venture here.
Now, customers flock in from all over Gaza. What started as a few clandestine tunnels dug beneath houses has turned into a booming industry that nobody bothers to hide.

Before the Gaza war the tunnels numbered in the hundreds. Today about 1,500 of them are said to be crammed into an eight-mile stretch along the border, employing in the neighborhood of 30,000 Palestinians from all over the territory.
A local merchant has opened a 24-hour grocery store called “Dubai” to cater to them. Only the milk and the yogurt come from Israel.
The Soft drinks, Beans, Chocolate, Cookies and Cooking oil come in consignments from under the ground.

Across the street Abu Raed Alarja, 58, fixes tools that are used to dig the tunnels. Inside his dark store, he also stocks cement, generators..."

Last edited:

No, I'm stating that the differences in the unemployment are not that huge at all.

You don't understand the difference between a humanitarian crisis and a humanitarian disaster. 60-70% of children suffering from malnutrition and anaemia and 10% of the children suffering from stunted growth which is the present situation in Gaza is a humanitarian crisis, a people unable to engage in proper economic and social activity is a humanitarian crisis, unclean sanitation is a humanitarian crises what you are waiting for as illustrated by your highlighted quote, the people to be starving, is a humanitarian disaster.

Last edited:
Flotilla/Humanitarian Disaster my rump! II

http://www.economist.com/node/15824034?story_id=15824034
March 31 2010
Economist mag/UK said:
"....The tunnels that snake under Gaza’s border with Egypt have multiplied so fast that supply sometimes Exceeds demand.
So stiff is commercial competition that tunnel-diggers complain that their work is no longer profitable. As a British parliamentary report recently noted, Israel officially allows Gaza to import only 73 of more than 4,000 items that are available in the strip. The rest is home-made—or acquired illicitly. For instance, cement, which cost 300 Israeli shekels ($80) a sack two years ago, has dropped almost Tenfold in price, precipitating a Spate of building for the first time since Israel’s attack a year ago reduced 4,000 houses to ruins. And eyewitnesses say that flashy 4x4 vehicles can actually drive through tunnels built from shipping containers.

Israel’s siege still causes misery. Yet some economists say the strip is growing faster than the West Bank run by Hamas’s rival Palestinian Authority (PA), albeit from a far lower base. The Petrol pumped into Gaza by underground pipes and hoses from Egypt Costs a THIRD of what it does in Ramallah, the Palestinians’ West Bank capital, where Israel supplies it.
Free Health Care is more Widely available in Gaza. Imports travel faster through the tunnels than via Israel’s thickets of bureaucracy...."

As well as lower prices, Gazans benefit from civil-service payrolls.
Several outfits pump cash into the strip’s economy: the local Hamas government; the UN, which employs 10,000 Gazans; and Salam Fayyad’s West Bank government, which is the largest employer of all. Payments to Hamas and its connected tunnel-operators boost the economy too. A car-dealer bringing in a new Hyundai saloon through the tunnels stands to make a profit of $13,000.

Above ground things look better, too. In the 14 months since the war ended, Hamas has swept up much of the wreckage. The Islamic University, bombed by Israel’s aircraft, sparkles again. New cafés have opened across Gaza City......"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom