• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colonisation of West Bank to start again

Economic and political destruction of Iran, yes. The policy of that are the embargo's.

These are not policies aimed at destruction. They are policies aimed at behavior change.

Yet it seems Israel has enacted more policies than Hezbollah has to destroy the opponent and create a humanitarian crises, like the blockade, for example.

I suppose a behavior change might be in order, then.

Now, why does Demon Lights position discredit him?

I think I already explained this.

Coming from the same person who says that Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization, I'm not surprised.

From wikipedia:

Israel doesn't claim sovereignty over the West Bank, hence it didn't colonize it.
Besides that, Israel shares a border with the west bank, hence even if it did claim sovereignty over it it wouldn't be a colonization but an annexation.

A few things:

1. The term used was colonization not colonialism.
2. Every source for the Wikipedia article gives a definition that only mentions control or governance, which does describe the situation in the West Bank.
3. No definition of colonization or colonialism says the territory cannot be right next to the country.

That's fine. So, living in the US, I consider Hezbollah a terrorist group, and will treat them as such, and address them as such. You can do as you choose based on your country's position on Hezbollah.

I live in the U.S., but I don't consider Hezbollah a terrorist group. I could honestly care less what term the U.S. throws around to denigrate its enemies. When the term is clearly being abused I will not accept its usage. Hezbollah is called a terrorist organization for a variety of political reasons, but not for any legitimate reason.

Yeah but was it worth the humanitarian crisis that has occurred as the result of the banning of chocolate?
We all know how healthy and necessary chocolate is to the human body.

and yet you deprived the population of gaza access to it while simultaneously insisting that there was no intent to cause crisis to the people of gaza. your explanations do not add up
and i bet that baker who relied on chocolate for his products was in a crisis ... no croissant for you! [spoken in soup nazi voice]

I live in the U.S., but I don't consider Hezbollah a terrorist group. I could honestly care less what term the U.S. throws around to denigrate its enemies. When the term is clearly being abused I will not accept its usage. Hezbollah is called a terrorist organization for a variety of political reasons, but not for any legitimate reason.

Don't accept it's usage. Hezxbollah has been legitiamately identified as a terrorist group based on their actions. You don't have to believe that, and maybe from your position, they are not. I can't understand how you could possibly not see that, but you are entitled to your belief system.

Through opression of economic limitation.
It hasn't worked.

Irrelevant to my position. It was not aimed at destruction... which is what you were claiming. It was aimed at behavior change.

Irrelevant to my position. It was not aimed at destruction... which is what you were claiming. It was aimed at behavior change.

It is aimed at destruction. Destruction of the economy, which in turn would cause destruction of politics, and some kinds of anti-hamas intifada which has not yet happened.

exactly what behavior were you looking to change; from what to what?

exactly what behavior were you looking to change; from what to what?

Changing policies in the support for terrorists, changing policies in giving assistance to terrorists, changing policies in nuclear armament, and changing policies in their aggressive stance towards our ally, Israel, to name a few.

Changing policies in the support for terrorists, changing policies in giving assistance to terrorists, changing policies in nuclear armament, and changing policies in their aggressive stance towards our ally, Israel, to name a few.

Oh sure! Because a blockade is going to:

stop support of terrorism
stop giving assistance to terrorism
improve relations with Israel

Ok then. Common sense is not prevailing in this thread.

Oh sure! Because a blockade is going to:

stop support of terrorism
stop giving assistance to terrorism
improve relations with Israel

Ok then. Common sense is not prevailing in this thread.

Sometimes attempts at behavior change work, sometimes they don't. Usually, though they are far better than doing nothing and enabling the undesired behavior. THAT is common sense.

Sometimes attempts at behavior change work, sometimes they don't. Usually, though they are far better than doing nothing and enabling the undesired behavior. THAT is common sense.

Well it hasn't worked, i would have thought you got that by now.
Lifting a blockade will not be the fall of Israel, i promise you.

That's not necessarily true.
there are many indications over the last few years Hamas may be losing support among Gazans for bringing crap down on them and indeed making their lives worse.
Especially looking at their West Bank neighbors who Ironically, and Unlike them, are 'Occupied' but at peace.

We'll see in the next elections.. if they aren't counted by their Iranian supporters that is.

Last edited:

It hasn't worked YET. I thought you would have understand that.

And YOU promise. So, if you're wrong, are you, personally going to go to Iran, put a stop to their nuclear armaments, kill or jail all of their terrorist supporters and suppliers, and eliminate the government that supports this? YOU PERSONALLY? Nah... thus far Israel is still there, so SOMETHING'S working.

Changing policies in the support for terrorists,
my forefathers were terrorists. they fought the british who were oppressing them on American soil. sometimes terrorism is required to survive. it worked for us and that brand of "terrorism" appears to be working for hamas
that hamas which was originally initiated (with considerable israeli and USA support) to counter the political strength of fatah ... now you would have the people of gaza adopt a corrupt fatah regime instead of the "terrorists" who are less self serving than the crooks they democratically ousted. so much for our support of democracy

changing policies in giving assistance to terrorists, ...
those "terrorists" who constitute their government. amazing that a population would be inclined to support their democratically government. we can't have that, can we? what kind of assistance by the public to its government are you objecting to?

changing policies in nuclear armament, ...
you got me on that one. i had no idea the gazans had a nuclear weapon
and israel is so clean by comparison. refuses to sign the NPT and allow monitoring its own nuclear arsenal while simultaneously complaining that other sovcerign states may be developing a military parity
how rude of a people to want to defend themselves from a repeated aggressor nation

and changing policies in their aggressive stance towards our ally, Israel, to name a few.
yes, an ally that will oppress them with an embargo, while taking their land and destroying their homes, their olive groves, and forcing them to live in a ghetto environment. why would a people be opposed to such hostility as israel has bestowed upon them; why would these people oppose a USA which facilitates israel's actions against them? [/s]

you can do better than that. you not trying hard enough

my forefathers were terrorists. they fought the british who were oppressing them on American soil. sometimes terrorism is required to survive. it worked for us and that brand of "terrorism" appears to be working for hamas
that hamas which was originally initiated (with considerable israeli and USA support) to counter the political strength of fatah ... now you would have the people of gaza adopt a corrupt fatah regime instead of the "terrorists" who are less self serving than the crooks they democratically ousted. so much for our support of democracy

those "terrorists" who constitute their government. amazing that a population would be inclined to support their democratically government. we can't have that, can we? what kind of assistance by the public to its government are you objecting to?

you got me on that one. i had no idea the gazans had a nuclear weapon
and israel is so clean by comparison. refuses to sign the NPT and allow monitoring its own nuclear arsenal while simultaneously complaining that other sovcerign states may be developing a military parity
how rude of a people to want to defend themselves from a repeated aggressor nation

yes, an ally that will oppress them with an embargo, while taking their land and destroying their homes, their olive groves, and forcing them to live in a ghetto environment. why would a people be opposed to such hostility as israel has bestowed upon them; why would these people oppose a USA which facilitates israel's actions against them? [/s]

you can do better than that. you not trying hard enough

I'm not talking about Gaza. I'm talking about Iran. Read the thread to notice that you are responding incorrectly.

It hasn't worked YET. I thought you would have understand that.

It hasn't worked full stop. Its only served to target innocent palestinian civilians and your lack of sympathies towards them and your ignorance to the suffering happening there is both ignorant and deeply disturbing.

And YOU promise. So, if you're wrong, are you, personally going to go to Iran, put a stop to their nuclear armaments, kill or jail all of their terrorist supporters and suppliers, and eliminate the government that supports this? YOU PERSONALLY? Nah... thus far Israel is still there, so SOMETHING'S working.

What has this got to do with Iran?

It hasn't worked full stop. Its only served to target innocent palestinian civilians and your lack of sympathies towards them and your ignorance to the suffering happening there is both ignorant and deeply disturbing.

What has this got to do with Iran?

YOU started this discussion about Iran, here:

The West calls on for the destruction of Iran, just in much politer diplomatic terms. Only imagine if Iran had invaded our land and expanded settlements there, you would be saying the same. So what? Hezbollah didn't wake up one day and decide to hate on Israel. It takes two to tango.

This is what I've been discussing this entire time. What have YOU been discussing?

Did you ever think people, living breathing people getting kicked out of their homes might be a part of the problem?

Yeah, there was a major problem with kicking the Jews out of their homes in the Gaza Strip against there will. They took themselves out of Gaza and allowed it to be overrun with terrorist monsters who in turn attack Israel.

YOU started this discussion about Iran, here:

This is what I've been discussing this entire time. What have YOU been discussing?

I changed the subject by saying "lifting a blockade" and therefore ending this tragedy [in gaza] "will not be the end of Israel, i can promise [assure] you that". What does this have to do with Iran? Totally different regime where embargos may actually work.

Last edited:
I changed the subject by saying "lifting a blockade" and therefore ending this tragedy "will not be the end of Israel". What does this have to do with Iran?

I was talking about Iran the entire time, and since there is an economic blockade on Iran, how am I supposed to know you changed the topic?

I was talking about Iran the entire time, and since there is an economic blockade on Iran, how am I supposed to know you changed the topic?

I was talking about Gaza. Who the hell refers to Iranian embargo's as a blockade? lol.

EDIT: On the other hand, lifting embargo's on Iran will most certainly mean the end of the Middle East, the Sunni Arab world and Israel.

I was talking about Gaza. Who the hell refers to Iranian embargo's as a blockade? lol.

EDIT: On the other hand, lifting embargo's on Iran will most certainly mean the end of the Middle East, the Sunni Arab world and Israel.

So, tell me, Kaya... what do you want to talk about?

Back
Top Bottom