• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colonisation of West Bank to start again

Can you provide some links so i can see where your getting your info? Im just curious btw.

I am 'abu afak' below.
A Quarter Century before Herzl ws even born.

Israel Forum - View Single Post - No Jews lived in 'Palestine' before WWII...

Last edited:
You live in fairy land. The cost of goods is so expensive, many Gazans cannot afford basic food supplies, aid is rationed, and unemployement stands at 40%.
Wake up.

I've stated one clear statement: There was no humanitarian crisis in Gaza.
And the unemployment in Gaza was quite high before the blockade too.

Israel targets innocent Palestinians with the blockade. :shrug:

Absolutely.

What does the above have anything to do with what your quoted?

You mean like the aid flotilla?

They have never stated that Hezbollah is a terrorist organization.

why was the blockade originally a "general" one instead of a "military" one if the intent was not to create a crisis among the population of Palestinians in gaza

the reason for exploring this is to determine the legitimacy or inhumanity of israeli actions against the residents of gaza

Ever heard about World War 2? World war 1? The crusades?
How far do you want me to go exactly?

Wait, your suprised?
With the building popularity of zionism in Europe and the clear British intentions of supporting this ideology during there rule over Palestine, its exactly this movement which spurred from the Jewish diaspora which caused the kind of tensions and retaliatory attacks from Arabs. They didn't attack out of the blue, you know.

Unfortunately, the Arab idiocy of conflict before diplomacy only made Zionism a reality quicker than it should have been. Before Zionism ever came into the equation, they seemed to be just fine together.

Last edited:
Israel targets innocent Palestinians with the blockade.
No it doesn't.
What does the above have anything to do with what your quoted?
Here:
The central uses of the term relate to particular issues of race, gender, handicaps, ethnicity, sexual preference, culture and worldviews, and encompass both the language in which issues are discussed and the viewpoints that are expressed.
You mean like the aid flotilla?
The aid flotilla was not an act of terrorism since the attacked party were soldiers personnel, hence a guerilla warfare if you'd like.
I do however think that some of those on board were related to terrorists and were involved in terrorist activities in the past, as the IDF essay shows.
They have never stated that Hezbollah is a terrorist organization.
Let me walk you through this:
Anyone who ignores reality and says Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization is a terrorist supporter.
Did the EU ever state that Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization?
No they did not.
You wish me to say it more slowly now?

Wait, your suprised?
No, even though that would be "you're", but still no.
With the building popularity of zionism in Europe and the clear British intentions of supporting this ideology during there rule over Palestine
What the hell are you talking about?
The British have sank Jewish refugees boats, boats that came from the holocaust zone with the intention of fleeing to Mandate Palestine.
The British have also published "white books" where they've stated that the Jewish immigration is illegal and have tried to combat it.
You have nothing to do with reality or history, you're trying to promote lies here and I suggest you to stop.
its exactly this movement which spurred from the Jewish diaspora which caused the kind of tensions and retaliatory attacks from Arabs. They didn't attack out of the blue, you know.
The Arabs were against the idea of Jews having a state of their own in that land, and that's why they were attacking Jews.
Unfortunately, the Arab idiocy of conflict before diplomacy only made Zionism a reality quicker than it should have been.
Actually no, Israel was established through diplomacy, the 48' war came a day after the establishment of the state.

why was the blockade originally a "general" one instead of a "military" one if the intent was not to create a crisis among the population of Palestinians in gaza
To place stress on Hamas and cut its economic supplies.

No it doesn't.

Considering the impact it has had on the quality of life on Palestinians, intentionally or not, it has targeted innocent civilians. Unfortunately, this terrible mentality of collateral damage in Israel has to stop, because it will not weaken Hamas, but make it stronger.

Ok? And?

The aid flotilla was not an act of terrorism since the attacked party were soldiers personnel, hence a guerilla warfare if you'd like.

Nazi's aren't terrorists, FARC aren't terrorists, blah blah. They are all on the same shit pile.

I do however think that some of those on board were related to terrorists and were involved in terrorist activities in the past, as the IDF essay shows.

Yes, they found this out after they shot them.

Let me walk you through this:
Anyone who ignores reality and says Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization is a terrorist supporter.
Did the EU ever state that Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization?
No they did not.

They never said it wasn't a terrorist organization. In fact, they have clearly failed to mention Hezbollah at all. Surely that is "ignoring reality" to the highest degree?

but how would being without chocolate stress hamas?

Hamas controls the supplies and hence takes taxes on them, financing its economy.
Necessities were not banned.

They could solidify chocolate and build a bunker. Duh.

Yeah but was it worth the humanitarian crisis that has occurred as the result of the banning of chocolate?
We all know how healthy and necessary chocolate is to the human body.

Yeah but was it worth the humanitarian crisis that has occurred as the result of the banning of chocolate?
We all know how healthy and necessary chocolate is to the human body.

No, they seem to be managing just fine on the air-plane food handouts you guys seem to be giving them.

I've stated one clear statement: There was no humanitarian crisis in Gaza.
And the unemployment in Gaza was quite high before the blockade too.

Ive stated one clear statement: your wrong.
At least before, any potential for economic growth wasn't throttled by external entities. The economic figures are against you.

Israel Has been providing Needed aid throughout the Blockade of Gaza.
NO One has starved.. unlike many other places Fony Flotillas could have sailed to.

And how quickly they forget.

Inquiry will prove intention of activists aboard flotilla anything but peaceful - Norwalk News - The Hour - Norwalk's Newspaper

Last edited:
No, they seem to be managing just fine on the air-plane food handouts you guys seem to be giving them.

You mean trucks.
15 trucks filled with tons of food per day.
And that was before the lift of the general blockade.

You mean trucks.
15 trucks filled with tons of food per day.
And that was before the lift of the general blockade.

15 trucks? Isn't the population of Gaza at 1.5 million?

Let me tell you something. Do you find it acceptable Gazans should live off rations and be subject to the lowest quality of life just as long as Israel "supplies that aid"? It's an unacceptable way to live.

Ive stated one clear statement: your wrong.
Well I should just let reality have its say:
Israeli Military Boards Gaza Aid Ship - NYTimes.com

You're wrong again and you're proven to be wrong on every little thing that you claim.
At least before, any potential for economic growth wasn't throttled by external entities. The economic figures are against you.
Simply stating so without backing yourself up only acts as a proof to show how wrong you are.
Base that statement or admit to reality.

:rofl

Your quote proves my point.
Actually it proves that while it's a hard life there is no humanitarian crisis there.
Which was my point to begin with, if you'd notice the post where I've stated that "I make only one statement: there is no humanitarian crisis in the strip".
You said that's wrong and I've just proven you wrong.
So, what your saying is, the blockade has improved the lives of Gazans?
No, I'm stating that the differences in the unemployment are not that huge at all.

Oh okay, because starvation (the aid is low grade high fat crap) and a lack of medical goods is the bases for the definition of a humanitarian crises. :roll:

Lets look at the figures.

Unemployment rate:

40% (2009 est.)

Population below poverty line:

70% (2009 est.)

School life expectancy (primary to tertiary education):

total: 14 years
male: 13 years
female: 14 years (2006)

Around 500,000 people including 280,000 children were forced from their homes at some point during the conflict. Where whole neighborhoods were destroyed 'tent cities' have sprung up and are now home to hundreds of people, many without access to clean drinking water and toilets.

Sources; CIA factbook and oneworld.net

Last edited:
Flotilla/Humanitarian Disaster My Rump I.
"Oh the Humanity!"

NY Times Oct 22 2009:
Rafah Journal
Goods FLOOD Gaza’s Tunnels, Turning Border Area Into a Shopping Mecca
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/22/world/middleeast/22rafah.html?_r=1

Last edited:

You don't understand the difference between a humanitarian crisis and a humanitarian disaster. 60-70% of children suffering from malnutrition and anaemia and 10% of the children suffering from stunted growth which is the present situation in Gaza is a humanitarian crisis, a people unable to engage in proper economic and social activity is a humanitarian crisis, unclean sanitation is a humanitarian crises what you are waiting for as illustrated by your highlighted quote, the people to be starving, is a humanitarian disaster.

Last edited:
Flotilla/Humanitarian Disaster my rump! II

http://www.economist.com/node/15824034?story_id=15824034
March 31 2010

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…