• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cohen says Trump knew hush money payment was wrong

As long as you think so, I guess.

You still haven't shown me one single person even lightly praising Cohen's character.

I love how in today's world, liars, and scum like Cohen can redeem themselves, and their reputation simply by saying what liberals want to hear....

Yet you completely ignore all the blatant lies that Individual 1 tells, because.....cult leader....

"Trump associate sentenced to life imprisonment! Pleads guilty to killing 4 people 20 years ago and failing to pay a parking ticket while picking up lunch on the campaign trail.

The President knew it was illegal to park there, but he told me to do it. Honest! Like, I'm serious! Now I have to spend the rest of my life in jail and it's all Trump's fault!

Mueller had recommended the man be spared the death penalty for assisting with the investigation of Trump."

whitaker.jpg

No you're the type of person to argue that we never needed a trial to begin with. If at the same time, you're the type of person to chant "lock her up", you need to take a look in the damn mirror.

1. You have absolutely NO idea what "type of person" I am based on postings on an anonymous message board....Just as I don't, and wouldn't presume about you were I to ever meet you.

2. Chanting nonsense at a rally is meaningless....Obviously she's not "locked up" is she? So, rhetoric triggers people on both sides all the time....:shrug:

You still haven't shown me one single person even lightly praising Cohen's character.

I am not under any obligation to do anything you demand...The arrogance that you think I am is kind of funny....

Yet you completely ignore all the blatant lies that Individual 1 tells, because.....cult leader....

No, in this country we consider those accused as innocent until proven guilty....When that happens, and not just some allegations, one sided from a prosecutor with what I believe is an agenda, and I "ignore" it, THEN you will have a point...Right now it is just bitching because I won't agree with the 'get Shorty' mob.

Last Friday it became confirmed that Trump ordered Cohen to commit campaign finance crimes, which was subsequently confirmed later by AMI. Since that week, the rebuttal has changed from "Cohen is lying" to "these aren't real crimes" to "I don't care if he committed to crimes" to "Clinton skated by impeachment so don't care."

Now, a full week later, Giuliani admits his client committed that crime:

“Nobody got killed, nobody got robbed… This was not a big crime,” Giuliani told The Daily Beast on Wednesday.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-j...-cohen-as-trumps-national-enquirer-connection

At this point, I'm calling it. Someone definitely got killed and that's one of the many criminal charges Mueller is looking into. Ghouliani may or may not know about it however.

No, in this country we consider those accused as innocent until proven guilty....When that happens, and not just some allegations, one sided from a prosecutor with what I believe is an agenda, and I "ignore" it, THEN you will have a point...Right now it is just bitching because I won't agree with the 'get Shorty' mob.

Do you admit that the president has lied, and changed his story?

Must be that Trump indictment you wanted for Christmas....

No, it is just interesting don't you think? An entire floor has been vacated for a hearing.

Do you admit that the president has lied, and changed his story?

Lying to the press is not a crime...But, yes. And I do find it troubling that his story on this has variations in it....

No, it is just interesting don't you think? An entire floor has been vacated for a hearing.

I would hope so...It's supposed to be secret...What I don't like about it is the lack of transparency....Don't we have a right to know?

At this point, I'm calling it. Someone definitely got killed and that's one of the many criminal charges Mueller is looking into. Ghouliani may or may not know about it however.

No more crazy than some of the other speculation going on....

Lying to the press is not a crime...But, yes. And I do find it troubling that his story on this has variations in it....

So, you call Cohen a liar and dismiss him, and you admit that Individual 1 lies, yet you defend him. Nice hypocrisy strategy you have there.

I would hope so...It's supposed to be secret...What I don't like about it is the lack of transparency....Don't we have a right to know?

No, its an ongoing investigation, not an open hearing. Surely you know the difference?

Since that week, the rebuttal has changed from "Cohen is lying" to "these aren't real crimes" to "I don't care if he committed to crimes" to "Clinton skated by impeachment so don't care."

“Nobody got killed, nobody got robbed… This was not a big crime,” Giuliani told The Daily Beast on Wednesday.

Anyone else notice this shuffling of explanations has been seen before?

Saudi Arabia states Mr. Khashoggi had left the consulate alive.

Saudi Arabia said the killing might have been the act of rogue agents.

Saudi Arabia said Khashoggi got into a fist fight with several men and one of the men put him in a chokehold, strangling him to death.

Last Friday it became confirmed that Trump ordered Cohen to commit campaign finance crimes, which was subsequently confirmed later by AMI. Since that week, the rebuttal has changed from "Cohen is lying" to "these aren't real crimes" to "I don't care if he committed to crimes" to "Clinton skated by impeachment so don't care."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-j...-cohen-as-trumps-national-enquirer-connection

Just.. wooooowww.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Trump has announced that he was acting on Mr. Cohen's advice in making the payments

Trump invokes ‘advice-of-counsel’ defense in campaign probe

AND that he never told Mr. Cohen to make any "illegal payments".

The first of those could cause Mr. Trump a couple of problems. First, it means that when you rely on it that means that you have waived ALL "solicitor-client privilege". Second, it opens Mr. Trump up to the possibility of a civil action (which the US Supreme Court has already ruled CAN be launched against a sitting President) for defamation of character and, in that suit, Mr. Cohen would be entitled to use all of his notes, recordings, and correspondence in order to show that the defamatory remark was not true while Mr. Trump would have to actually produce the notes, recordings, and correspondence to show that it was true - AND, in both cases there is no longer any "solicitor-client privilege".

The second could potentially be factually accurate because what actually happened is that Mr. Cohen did lay out what the law respecting the payments was and Mr. Trump responded along the line of

"Well maybe they are illegal, and maybe they aren't. That hasn't been tested in court yet so we really don't know. Now I believe my gut over anything that some so-called 'expert' tells me and my gut tells me that we should make the payments to shut those B***hs up and I can be **T*H*E** **P*R*E*S*I*D*E*N*T** - so MAKE THE DAMN PAYMENTS."

You used quote marks around statements that you said her "along the lines of". So what did he really say? And if you don't know please quote the document that from which the paraphrase originated.

Till then, sounds like more unsupported embellishment.

In your dreams. Where is it that Trump told Cohen to pay off the prostitutes no matter if it is a crime?

BTW Cohen was convicted of lying.

Anyone else notice this shuffling of explanations has been seen before?

Saudi Arabia states Mr. Khashoggi had left the consulate alive.

Saudi Arabia said the killing might have been the act of rogue agents.

Saudi Arabia said Khashoggi got into a fist fight with several men and one of the men put him in a chokehold, strangling him to death.

Russia, Russia, Russia, collusion, collusion, collusion. You lefties have been preaching for the last two years Russia colluded with Trump and where is the collusion? Proof please.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46563979

US President Donald Trump's former lawyer insists Mr Trump knew making hush money payments during the 2016 presidential campaign was wrong.

Speaking after he was sentenced to prison for campaign finance and fraud crimes, Michael Cohen told ABC News: "He directed me to make the payments."
==================================
Cohen further stated that nothing was ever done in the Trump Org. without his approval.

The web continues to enmesh Trump. I hope the country survives.

Yet, as usual, none of this amounts to a crime - suspecting or knowing something as morally "wrong" is irrelevant. Directing payments to purchase a non-disclosure agreement is tawdry, but under only illegal under specific circumstances. In fact, Trump could have said "I know this is a crime but I am doing it anyway" and it still does not matter because the actions taken were not a crime.

The bandwagon soap-opera, like most bandwagon's, create self-perpetuating myth - narratives of sin, sleaze, unethical conduct, and requests for immunity for perceived crimes, most or all of which are built on quick-sand.

Remember Hillary Clinton's email scandal? Dramatic as it was, with Hannity quoting all the violations of the law, apparently the press drama obscured some legal considerations and were ignored or not known: the laws HC broke were only punishable by administrative action (e.g. job termination, etc.), the more serious criminal laws required proving intent, and the one law that she broke 'on its face' didn't matter because the FBI says it never enforces laws never enforced.

Had that been clear from the outset, the scandal would not have been blown out of proportion.

Last Friday it became confirmed that Trump ordered Cohen to commit conduct that might be campaign finance crimes, conduct which was subsequently confirmed later by AMI. Since at least five months ago, the rebuttal from informed election law experts has been that this conduct was not a crime, and still is not a crime.

Russia, Russia, Russia, collusion, collusion, collusion. You lefties have been preaching for the last two years Russia colluded with Trump and where is the collusion? Proof please.

Didn't say anything about Russia did I?

What I did show was how Trump continues to change the storyline just as his friends in the land that sent us the 911 Hijackers do.

Birds of a feather,,,,

Back
Top Bottom