• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clashes in Jerusalem after settler guard kills Palestinian

He was in a car. Unless he didn't know how to drive he could have just driven away. The use of deadly force is not permitted in this case. Life in danger? When he was protected by a vehicle?

WRONG. As usual... you fail to grasp the concept of SELF DEFENSE.

This is all before we even note that Israel actually have no legal authority in the Occupied Territories at all. Literally not one law they enforce is legitimate. The World Court decided this back in 2004 when they declared all the settlements and Israel's presence in the area to be illegal also. This isn't even debatable.

WRONG AGAIN.

The world court and the UN are biased, anti-Israeli institutions that CANNOT be trusted to produce a neutral decision. Therefore, nothing they decide is valid or worth listening.

And for you to suggest that the use of stones justifies the use of deadly force is just plain silly. Can you imagine if during all riots, those who threw stones were shot? Hell, even Iran last year they weren't that brutal.... What if in Ireland they shot every stone thrower? Or during the civil rights riots in America? Or during Britain's occupation of India? There would be no Irish Republicans, Black Americans or Indians left!

WRONG. If you assault an armed police officer with ANY type of weapon, HE OR SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO USE WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY TO DEFEND HIM/HERSELF. Don't like it? DO NOT ATTACK THE POLICE.

How the hell do you expect them to resist a brutal and immoral occupation? They blow up people they are demonised (quite rightly), they kill soldiers they are demonised, they throw stones now and they are demonised also?

Oh stop. The Jews are there because they were given a partition of land by the British. This is the same land that was stolen from them 3000 years ago by the Romans.

You are now forcing them into submission by denying their right to throw stones at an armoured, invading force.

They do not have the right to throw stones at anybody. The fact that you believe they do is reason enough to discredit anything and everything you post as anti-Israeli rhetoric.

Israel has no claim to any of the Occupied Territories though. The World Court decided this back in 2004 when they ruled all the settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories to be illegal.

WRONG. They are on land they were given by the British; therefore, they have EVERY RIGHT TO BE THERE. Again ... on land that was stolen from them by Romans 3000 years ago.

Why should be charged with a crime? He was attacked by brainwashed allah apes and he did what he had to do to survive.

Moderator's Warning:
Comments like this are Hate Speech and are not tolerated.

To use a US analogy, there is little comparison between a 9-5 security guard and a Blackwater contractor.

OK lets go with your analogy. Do you feel its appropriate that poorly trained security guards are placed in a position, by Israeli authorities, to make life and death decisions?

Paul

OK lets go with your analogy. Do you feel its appropriate that poorly trained security guards are placed in a position, by Israeli authorities, to make life and death decisions?

Paul

He wasn't placed there by Israeli authorities!!! He was in his car on his way to work.

He wasn't placed there by Israeli authorities!!! He was in his car on his way to work.

A little early in the thread for semantics. So, you are suggesting Israeli security personnel are not legislated by the authorities?

Paul

Everyone was taking the wonderful, beautiful day that god gave them to act out like imbicilic children.
Amid this routine bad behavior they decided to start stoning the vehicle of a security guard who's duty was to protect the residence
They detained him after he opened fire.
Found he acted within his self-protection after people started to stone his car.
He went back to work
Someone else shot him after his questioning.
Now he's dead

Yes - shame on them for letting him go, they should haven't detained him for protecting himself and trying to protect the neighborhood.

Honestly - what did you want them to do? They're amid craptacular and routine violent outbreaks - they can't detain people who didn't *start* the problem, can they?

Why aren't you saying "WTF is wrong with these people - why are they always violently protesting every damn thing!"

I do not expect you to understand. Since you have proven yourself incapable of critical thinking skills. But the problem with many muslims is that they live in object poverty and to top that of their religion has been overtaken by radicals. So if you were born in such an environment it is easier to turn to violence. Now to make matters worse. You are a Palestinian living in Palastine or what use to be Palastine. And there is a new nation that is hell bent on making you suffer even more. What are you bound to do? Live and let it be like that when you have radical clerics telling you to fight the "jew" and you will eventually go to heaven.

Basically there will always be violence in the ME until Israel stops its intentional economic destabilizer in Palastine. They are only making situations like this way too common. Whereas if they tried to let Palastine prosper economically chances are they would not be as violent.

Paul

Actually, the one who placed him in a life or death situation was the thug who attacked him, and who had a history of attacking other Jews.

I do not expect you to understand. Since you have proven yourself incapable of critical thinking skills. But the problem with many muslims is that they live in object poverty and to top that of their religion has been overtaken by radicals. So if you were born in such an environment it is easier to turn to violence. Now to make matters worse. You are a Palestinian living in Palastine or what use to be Palastine. And there is a new nation that is hell bent on making you suffer even more. What are you bound to do? Live and let it be like that when you have radical clerics telling you to fight the "jew" and you will eventually go to heaven.

Basically there will always be violence in the ME until Israel stops its intentional economic destabilizer in Palastine. They are only making situations like this way too common. Whereas if they tried to let Palastine prosper economically chances are they would not be as violent.

It would be great if people actually knew some facts about the topic they bring up. Did you know for example that the economy on the West Bank grew at an 11% annual rate last year. The Israeli government is actually trying to help with what you implore. So now what id the excuse for trying to kill innocents.

The Jordanians got tired of this type of irrational brhaviour and there was Black September. Just think if Israel reacted the way Jordan did.

It would be great if people actually knew some facts about the topic they bring up. Did you know for example that the economy on the West Bank grew at an 11% annual rate last year. The Israeli government is actually trying to help with what you implore. So now what id the excuse for trying to kill innocents.

The Jordanians got tired of this type of irrational brhaviour and there was Black September. Just think if Israel reacted the way Jordan did.

It would be great if people would shup up and not try to stir ****. obviously if the economy was so great and people were now employed and earning enough money to live on. then crap like this wouldn't happen. now would it? and the israeli government is a big joke when it comes to helping arab nations. especially arab nations that it views as threats. for example, did you know that they still have an embargo and that any trade going through gaza has to first come through them? does that sound like a very helpful source? no. and dont bother responding, i hate these sorts of threads cause of the people who post in them like yourself, aunt spiker, apocalypse, etc, etc.

Errr, I think you'll find that it is those pesky Europeans that are making the real difference in growth in the West Bank...

I.M.F. Says West Bank Economic Growth Is Imperiled by Israel and Arab States | The American Task Force on Palestine

It would be great if people would shup up and not try to stir ****. obviously if the economy was so great and people were now employed and earning enough money to live on. then crap like this wouldn't happen. now would it? and the israeli government is a big joke when it comes to helping arab nations. especially arab nations that it views as threats. for example, did you know that they still have an embargo and that any trade going through gaza has to first come through them? does that sound like a very helpful source? no. and dont bother responding, i hate these sorts of threads cause of the people who post in them like yourself, aunt spiker, apocalypse, etc, etc.

Don't bother responding. Who the heck do you think you are. If you do not like the thread get the heck out!.

You are blinded to the different results in the West Bank and Gaza. One group at least is trying to help their people without firing missles, the other would rather glory in the mud.

Actually, the one who placed him in a life or death situation was the thug who attacked him, and who had a history of attacking other Jews.

By taking on a particular role, the term 'security' should be an indicator, by our own freewill sign up to an element of danger. I don't remember suggesting he was in a life or death situation.
If i actually thought this course of action, dissent, warranted the discharge of a firearm i would of been minus many rounds on a weekly basis during my tour of NI, in the early 90s...good job i was able to exercise proportionality.

Paul

By taking on a particular role, the term 'security' should be an indicator, by our own freewill sign up to an element of danger. I don't remember suggesting he was in a life or death situation.
If i actually thought this course of action, dissent, warranted the discharge of a firearm i would of been minus many rounds on a weekly basis during my tour of NI, in the early 90s...good job i was able to exercise proportionality.

Paul

Yet this "element of danger" would not exist in the first place were it not for those perpetrating the violence.

Paul

If you were ever left in the same situation as this security guard while touring Northern Ireland in the early 90's - which means trapped and circled by dozens of hostile individuals who throw boulders while you're all alone - then I'm afraid it says more on the lack of efficiency by the British army than anything else.
Since nothing in me really believes you were sharing a similar experience in one point or another of your military service, however, it says nothing.

The man, as the details tell, has exercised extreme proportionality in that he only used the amount of force that was necessary for him to get out of danger and survive the ambush, and for that he really deserves a "good job".

If you were ever left in the same situation as this security guard while touring Northern Ireland in the early 90's - which means trapped and circled by dozens of hostile individuals who throw boulders while you're all alone - then I'm afraid it says more on the lack of efficiency by the British army than anything else.
Since nothing in me really believes you were sharing a similar experience in one point or another of your military service, however, it says nothing.

The man, as the details tell, has exercised extreme proportionality in that he only used the amount of force that was necessary for him to get out of danger and survive the ambush, and for that he really deserves a "good job".

The efficiency of the British army worked just fine. I was referring to being confronted by a dissenting mob throwing stones and other objects. As you well know, i would not have been alone.

Paul

The efficiency of the British army worked just fine. I was referring to being confronted by a dissenting mob throwing stones and other objects. As you well know, i would not have been alone.

In a great difference to the debated situation where a security guard is driving his car in a street during the night while he's all alone and then gets trapped and ambushed by a mob.

Whomever is helping, that is fine.

No it isn't "fine" your point was that prosperity in West Bank is a result of Israeli altruism. My evidence is contrary to that.

No it isn't "fine" your point was that prosperity in West Bank is a result of Israeli altruism. My evidence is contrary to that.

Why is everything in this section so belligerent. Get a life.

Moderator's Warning:
Get back on topic folks and don't meander

Why is everything in this section so belligerent. Get a life.

The definition of belligerent isn't "to get the facts right" as far as far as I can tell.

Your point was that these people were biting the hand that feeds them, the ungrateful b**ards. My point is that the prosperity is little to do with Israel so they might feel hostile. Is that not on topic?

A little early in the thread for semantics. So, you are suggesting Israeli security personnel are not legislated by the authorities?

Paul

Which security personal? Police - yes, Army - yes, Mossad - yes, Shin Bet - yes, Tzevet Shalosh - probably get a business license, besides of that, why would the authorities care which resturants they guard?
Some security companies just ask you to get a certificate from the police that you don't have criminal record and you are hired, I can't see the connection to the authorities responsibility for this poorly traind security guard being in this situation.
And what the hell does it have to do with a man driving his car to work? Even if he was Rambo, why would it be the authorities responsibility for him choosing to drive via this neighborhood?

Back
Top Bottom