• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

China threatens to attack secessionist Taiwan

Fried Rice said:
hi NYU - I dont really think you much interested in debate, just want to annoy people. One Child Policy was a hard policy but also a necessary one. We were a starving country and hardly able to sustain ourselves. However now we reap the benefit as seen in our strong economy. This sacrifice by our elders ensured the prosperity for the present generation. Many now have more than one child but are subject to a higher level of tax (as costs to state are higher).

Fried Rice awaits NYU's long ranting answer

Are you defending the fact that many families choose to kill the child if it is a female, so they can have a male?

1.12 men are born for every 1 female. With a birth rate of 13/1000 pop., and a pop of 1.3 billion, that gives you 17 million births a year, 9.3 male and 7.7 female. That is 1.6 million infant girls each year who are killed. Not abortions, but actual living children who are killed because their parents wanted one with a penis. Disgusting.

I don't think your interested in answering any of my other questions to you.

You sure you don't want to try to defend your country's agression, its horrible human rights actions, the One Child policy, its government sponsored copyright infringement, or your supression of information and free speech?

Wanna take a shot at any of the others?

RightatNYU said:
Are you defending the fact that many families choose to kill the child if it is a female, so they can have a male?

1.12 men are born for every 1 female. With a birth rate of 13/1000 pop., and a pop of 1.3 billion, that gives you 17 million births a year, 9.3 male and 7.7 female. That is 1.6 million infant girls each year who are killed. Not abortions, but actual living children who are killed because their parents wanted one with a penis. Disgusting.

I don't think your interested in answering any of my other questions to you.

Wanna take a shot at any of the others?

Coming from the land of designer babies, you are hardly one to comment.
The female infanticide issue is a problem in many nations where worth is placed on male children only, but I think you'll find China has done more to combat this and strengthen the position of women in society than many others - a society where women are far more valued than in the US, where you cling to pathetic homemaker/baby factory ideas. Fried Rice never defended infanticide - you are sidestepping because you are losing an argument.

Last edited:
Urethra Franklin said:
Coming from the land of designer babies, you are hardly one to comment.

What are you talking about?

The female infanticide issue is a problem in many nations where worth is placed on male children only, but I think you'll find China has done more to combat this and strengthen the position of women in society than many others

Hmmm...So you're claming that this is a problem in many countries, and China has done more than most to fix it?

So how come China is 3rd in the world for most unbalanced birth ratio, behind Albania and Georgia. Guess they're not as good at fixing that problem as you would claim.

a society where women are far more valued than in the US, where you cling to pathetic homemaker/baby factory ideas.

Try telling a woman in the US that and see how far it gets you.

Fried Rice never defended infanticide - you are sidestepping because you are losing an argument.

Really?

One Child Policy was a hard policy but also a necessary one.

Isn't that defending infanticide?

RightatNYU said:
What are you talking about?

Ask your friends in Hollywood

RightatNYU said:
Hmmm...So you're claming that this is a problem in many countries, and China has done more than most to fix it?

Oh you're bright aren't you?
RightatNYU said:
So how come China is 3rd in the world for most unbalanced birth ratio, behind Albania and Georgia. Guess they're not as good at fixing that problem as you would claim.?

There are many factors at play, and given that you can discount the many countries where this problem doesn't exist, that's not exactly a startling statistic you quote

RightatNYU said:
Try telling a woman in the US that and see how far it gets you.

She'd never hear me over the sound of the hoover

RightatNYU said:
Really?

Isn't that defending infanticide?

No, it's defending the one child policy.
Give up. Mr. Rice is far too intelligent for you.

Urethra Franklin said:
Ask your friends in Hollywood

I don't have many friends in Hollywood. How about you explain your own snide comment for a change?

There are many factors at play, and given that you can discount the many countries where this problem doesn't exist, that's not exactly a startling statistic you quote

Um. Yes it is. So, your new argument (after the last one fell apart), is that because there are so many countries that don't practice infanticide, the fact that China has the third highest prevalence doesn't matter. Even though its the only "civilized" country that is so unbalanced, that makes it okay. Really good argument. What other factors might be at play? Enlighten a poor stupid American.

She'd never hear me over the sound of the hoover

Congratulations, you've managed to finally convince me that you know absolutely nothing about America.

No, it's defending the one child policy.

...which is based on Infanticide. Amazing how that chain of logic works, isn't it?

Give up. Mr. Rice is far too intelligent for you.

I would agree that he's probably fairly smart. I could tell that he's not an idiot by the fact that he chose not to address any of the other problems in China that I asked him about. I wish I could say the same for you.

I throw in the towel for my own benefit.. good luck gentlemen just don't hurt each other... too much.

Arch Enemy said:
I throw in the towel for my own benefit.. good luck gentlemen just don't hurt each other... too much.

Bye Arch Enemy, shame you leave. this is serious topic and we shouldnt let stupid comments by NYU spoil this....you know i think HE must be Chinese govt spy.

NYU - i am happy to discuss wuth you but dont talk nonsense about me killing millions of people etc - that is just dumb

Fried Rice is happy to be Chinese or Taiwanese as we all one people

Fried Rice said:
Bye Arch Enemy, shame you leave. this is serious topic and we shouldnt let stupid comments by NYU spoil this....you know i think HE must be Chinese govt spy.

NYU - i am happy to discuss wuth you but dont talk nonsense about me killing millions of people etc - that is just dumb

Fried Rice is happy to be Chinese or Taiwanese as we all one people

Fine. I don't mean to imply that you killed any of those people any more than you mean to imply I am killing innocent people in Iraq.

But would you like to address any of the issues I mentioned before?

You sure you don't want to try to defend your country's agression, its horrible human rights actions, the One Child policy, its government sponsored copyright infringement, or your supression of information and free speech?

RightatNYU said:
I don't have many friends in Hollywood. How about you explain your own snide comment for a change?

If you had half a brain it wouldn't need explaining

RightatNYU said:
Um. Yes it is. So, your new argument (after the last one fell apart), is that because there are so many countries that don't practice infanticide, the fact that China has the third highest prevalence doesn't matter. Even though its the only "civilized" country that is so unbalanced, that makes it okay. Really good argument. What other factors might be at play? .

Now you're changing the facts.
Before it was the third highest prevalence of gender inequity in child birth rates. Now it's the third highest infanticide rate. Make up your mind.
Many nations have naturally occuring unequal rates of male and female births, including many of your western "democracies." Are you accusing them all of infanticide?

RightatNYU said:
Enlighten a poor stupid American..

Impossible task

RightatNYU said:
Congratulations, you've managed to finally convince me that you know absolutely nothing about America...

Do you mean the United States of America? America is a vast wonderful continent. Shame about the haemorrhoid on it that is the USA.

RightatNYU said:
I would agree that he's probably fairly smart. I could tell that he's not an idiot by the fact that he chose not to address any of the other problems in China that I asked him about. I wish I could say the same for you.

Copmared to you he's a genuis. And far sexier.

Urethra Franklin said:

Before it was the third highest prevalence of gender inequity in child birth rates. Now it's the third highest infanticide rate. Make up your mind.
Many nations have naturally occuring unequal rates of male and female births, including many of your western "democracies." Are you accusing them all of infanticide?

Impossible task

Do you mean the United States of America? America is a vast wonderful continent. Shame about the haemorrhoid on it that is the USA.

Thank You Ms Franklin. I come to France in May time. maybe your BF will allow you to have a date - of course i only eat Chinese food :eek:

Urethra Franklin said:

I'm assuming that you're claiming that the US promotes "designer babies." I've been waiting for you to make that claim, with no evidence, but you seem content to sit there and act smug.

The facts are the same. There's a reason that there's a significantly higher prevalence of males to females in China, and that reason is infanticide. You've already acknowledged that it existed, then tried to claim it wasn't as big a problem in China as many others. You're right, many nations DO have naturally occurring unequal rates, but when a country of 1.3 billion is 12% more likely to have a boy survive birth than a girl, that is statistically significant.

I missed exactly what paragon of modern virtue you are from, pray tell?

And copmared to him, you're a great speller.

Fried Rice said:
Thank You Ms Franklin. I come to France in May time. maybe your BF will allow you to have a date - of course i only eat Chinese food :eek:

Lots of good Chinese restaurants in Paris. We have our own little Chinatown.
Of course I'll show you round. My boyfriend's very open minded.

RightatNYU said:
I'm assuming that you're claiming that the US promotes "designer babies." I've been waiting for you to make that claim, with no evidence, but you seem content to sit there and act smug..

Darling you come from the land of plastic surgery, unnecessary cosmetic dentistry, liposuction, breast implants, and......let's choose the perfect baby! The world knows it Apple Pie boy.

RightatNYU said:
The facts are the same. There's a reason that there's a significantly higher prevalence of males to females in China, and that reason is infanticide. ..

It's one of the reasons
RightatNYU said:
You've already acknowledged that it existed, then tried to claim it wasn't as big a problem in China as many others. ..

Now you're just telling lies.
I claimed that China had dome more than others to address the situation and to improve the position of females in society. If you can't argue without distroting what others say then belt up.

RightatNYU said:
I missed exactly what paragon of modern virtue you are from, pray tell?..

Well I'm not from the US, which puts me streets ahead of you

RightatNYU said:
And copmared to him, you're a great speller.

What kind of graceless person would take a cheap swipe like that against somebody making a great effort in what is not their first language? A United Statesian, that's who.

Fried Rice - your English is excellent. I'd like to see your critic try his hand at Cantonese (or are you a Mandarin speaker?). Given that United Statesians speak a bastardised, incorrect form of English, full of mis-spellings (such as color, fetus, center - can you believe the ignorance?) I think our McFriend's McComment is rather misplaced.

Urethra Franklin said:
Darling you come from the land of plastic surgery, unnecessary cosmetic dentistry, liposuction, breast implants, and......let's choose the perfect baby! The world knows it Apple Pie boy.

Knows what? What "designer baby" travesty are you talking about? Can you provide a source, or did that come straight out of your ass?

It's one of the reasons

Care to enlighten me to some of the others?

Now you're just telling lies.
I claimed that China had dome more than others to address the situation and to improve the position of females in society. If you can't argue without distroting what others say then belt up.

If you can't back up an argument, then shut up.

Well I'm not from the US, which puts me streets ahead of you

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume France, from some of your other posts. It's too late to get into that issue.

What kind of graceless person would take a cheap swipe like that against somebody making a great effort in what is not their first language? A United Statesian, that's who.

Fried Rice - your English is excellent. I'd like to see your critic try his hand at Cantonese (or are you a Mandarin speaker?). Given that United Statesians speak a bastardised, incorrect form of English, full of mis-spellings (such as color, fetus, center - can you believe the ignorance?) I think our McFriend's McComment is rather misplaced.

I speak Spanish and a little bit of Italian. Do you speak Cantonese?

And the French speak a bastardized version of Latin. Yawn.

There's just something about your snobby, elitist, America-hating, completely unsubstantiated debating style that brings out the devil in me.

RightatNYU said:
Knows what? What "designer baby" travesty are you talking about? Can you provide a source, or did that come straight out of your ass?

You design your babies; you clone your cats. You can do it all. You're invincible. You're beatiful people. And you'll make it when you get to HOLLYWOOD!

RightatNYU said:
Care to enlighten me to some of the others?.

We've already been there

RightatNYU said:
If you can't back up an argument, then shut up.

I don't need to sink to twisting others' words, like yourself.

RightatNYU said:
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume France, from some of your other posts. It's too late to get into that issue..

No, I don't come from France. I simply live there. Wrong again, you're so predictable.

RightatNYU said:
I speak Spanish and a little bit of Italian...

Shame your English is so bad

RightatNYU said:
Do you speak Cantonese?

No, but then it's not me taking cheap swipes at the non-English speakers of the forum. That's a rôle you've assumed.

RightatNYU said:
And the French speak a bastardized version of Latin. Yawn.

No, they speak French; and in some regions Basque, Breton, Occident, Alscasien, Provençal etc.
RightatNYU said:
There's just something about your snobby, elitist, America-hating, completely unsubstantiated debating style that brings out the devil in me.

I don't hate America. There are some beautiful countries on that vast continent: Brazil, Chile, Mexico for example. Or are you arrogant enough to assume you can misuse the term "America" to mean the USA?

Baci xx

Urethra Franklin said:
You design your babies; you clone your cats. You can do it all. You're invincible. You're beatiful people. And you'll make it when you get to HOLLYWOOD!

We've already been there

I don't need to sink to twisting others' words, like yourself.

No, I don't come from France. I simply live there. Wrong again, you're so predictable.

Shame your English is so bad

No, but then it's not me taking cheap swipes at the non-English speakers of the forum. That's a rôle you've assumed.

No, they speak French; and in some regions Basque, Breton, Occident, Alscasien, Provençal etc.

I don't hate America. There are some beautiful countries on that vast continent: Brazil, Chile, Mexico for example. Or are you arrogant enough to assume you can misuse the term "America" to mean the USA?

Baci xx

No one in America designs their babies, and so a few rich people clone cats? Big deal.

I really have no use for the rest of your "argument." You know nothing about America, and I don't really feel like explaining it to you, because it will obviously not measure up to whatever utopia you're from.

RightatNYU said:
No one in America designs their babies, and so a few rich people clone cats? Big deal.

I really have no use for the rest of your "argument." You know nothing about America, and I don't really feel like explaining it to you, because it will obviously not measure up to whatever utopia you're from.

Dear Urethra - poor NYU seems a bit tired and so must be past his bedtime. His hot milk and cookie are calling him. He seems such an angry little boy and reminds me of an English expression - "all talk no action" or is "empty vessels make most sound" more correct ?

I speak Putongha (usually refered to as Manadarin). I also speak Cantonese and Shanghinese - these are considered dialects but are really languages in their own right. Of course I am work hard to improve my English as well :p

i just saw that NYU accuse me of starting the World War 2 - I never knew Hitler was Chinese !

whoa whoa whoa.. I am taking my towel back out and now I want a refund.

It's one thing to talk about a situation or about Infanticide, or whatever the fruck.

But please don't gang up on the United States... I accept the United States problems.. but France has problems as well and so does China.. just becasue we don't have a sense of national pride doesn't mean you all can diss us. The only french people I have encountered were nothing but stuck up snobs... please don't remind me of them.

Franklin, Si vous plait, Etais Unis n'est pas mal..."Designer Babies" c'est faux.

Fried has a right to lash out though I'd like if you all would chill with the name-calling etc etc.

Arch Enemy said:
whoa whoa whoa.. I am taking my towel back out and now I want a refund.

It's one thing to talk about a situation or about Infanticide, or whatever the fruck.

But please don't gang up on the United States... I accept the United States problems.. but France has problems as well and so does China.. just becasue we don't have a sense of national pride doesn't mean you all can diss us. The only french people I have encountered were nothing but stuck up snobs... please don't remind me of them.

Franklin, Si vous plait, Etais Unis n'est pas mal..."Designer Babies" c'est faux.

Fried has a right to lash out though I'd like if you all would chill with the name-calling etc etc.

Welcome back Arch - i bet Taiwan is already forgotten in your news and all the talk is back to Michael Jackson ! If we are going to march (or swim) across to Taiwan i suppose now is perfect time to do it !

No Taiwan is still a top thing in the media.. we have so many different media stations that both are being carried on... Our media hardly ever goes in depth of different topics.. but if news happens they will report it. Not even George Bush would attack another nation without the full-support of his people.

Fried Rice said:
Dear Urethra - poor NYU seems a bit tired and so must be past his bedtime. His hot milk and cookie are calling him. He seems such an angry little boy and reminds me of an English expression - "all talk no action" or is "empty vessels make most sound" more correct ?

I speak Putongha (usually refered to as Manadarin). I also speak Cantonese and Shanghinese - these are considered dialects but are really languages in their own right. Of course I am work hard to improve my English as well :p

i just saw that NYU accuse me of starting the World War 2 - I never knew Hitler was Chinese !

I missed where I accused you of starting World War II. Care to refresh my memory?

RightatNYU said:
I missed where I accused you of starting World War II. Care to refresh my memory?

My apology - i mis-read another post - you didnt say anything about China / World War 2. Need to practice my English even more!

Fried Rice Apologises Even though NYU Is Very Rude To Me :confused:

Fried Rice,

You gotta learn to be rude back to that pesky NYU. He has a great understanding of his politics and he makes you tap out with his rude and cranky behavior. You can't quit fighiting him just because you called you a baby killing Chinese person.. show him up with some facts.. that'll really get this debate a-going.

Arch Enemy said:
Fried Rice,

You gotta learn to be rude back to that pesky NYU. He has a great understanding of his politics and he makes you tap out with his rude and cranky behavior. You can't quit fighiting him just because you called you a baby killing Chinese person.. show him up with some facts.. that'll really get this debate a-going.

In case I failed to make it clear previously, I never meant to imply that Fried Rice participated in, or was party to, any of these heinous acts. I simply am appalled that he is an apologist for their occurrance. And I would welcome some facts, as actual numbers and truths are hard to come by in defense of China's actions.

RightatNYU said:
In case I failed to make it clear previously, I never meant to imply that Fried Rice participated in, or was party to, any of these heinous acts. I simply am appalled that he is an apologist for their occurrance. And I would welcome some facts, as actual numbers and truths are hard to come by in defense of China's actions.

has NYU has short term memory loss here is your comment -

The reason it's not in the 20 worst atrocities is pretty simple: numbers. We didn't kill 120 million people, unlike you.

how to argue with such nonsense :rolleyes:

Fried Rice has better things to do

Back
Top Bottom