• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

China threatens to attack secessionist Taiwan

Urethra Franklin said:
Not after the outbreak of a war, no. Up until, they're free to trade with both, though you could argue they should only be trading with free countries, which would rule out the US.

Once again, the resident Eurotrash steps in with her irrelevant and wholely bigoted statements about the United States.

As far as France selling weapons to China, once the shooting starts, the Chinese won't have need of French weapons sales anymore. They will already have what they need to stage an amphibious assault on Taiwan, capability the Chinese DO NOT have today.

The French are increasingly seen as an enemy of the Taiwanese people and the sovereignty of Taiwan. Their support of the Chinese law authorizing force against Taiwan is an affront to freedom and democracy.

Gandhi>Bush said:
RightatNYU your post at #121 has a quote that is acredited to ludahai but I believe it was archenemy that said that at post #113.

I know I didn't say those words. I am completely against the notion of appeasing dictators and tyrants.

ludahai said:
I know I didn't say those words. I am completely against the notion of appeasing dictators and tyrants.

My mistake...the bracketing on post 114 was broken, and I thought you said that. It seemed strange to me, as that didn't seem to be a theory you would have put forth.

My apologies.

ludahai said:
Once again, the resident Eurotrash steps in with her irrelevant and wholely bigoted statements about the United States.

As far as France selling weapons to China, once the shooting starts, the Chinese won't have need of French weapons sales anymore. They will already have what they need to stage an amphibious assault on Taiwan, capability the Chinese DO NOT have today.

The French are increasingly seen as an enemy of the Taiwanese people and the sovereignty of Taiwan. Their support of the Chinese law authorizing force against Taiwan is an affront to freedom and democracy.

I agree with you completely. Let's leave "Eurotrash" out of it though ehh?

It seems to me that only a select few hate the United States as much as Frenchies do, this includes Spain, we actually had a guy here who didn't like anything about the United States.. all his arguement was falsely aimed and he eventually left.

ludahai said:

Another country thinks France sucks. Cool. My campaign against the cheese drinking surrendering beret wearers gathers momentum. Now let's see that gavel about the cheese drinking thing. Is it just me or is cheese you can pour a little creepy? I think it's champs that gets all upset when I dog the French. It's okay to say worse about Republicans though. Go figure.

Funny thing. How come the French look gay in berets but Army Rangers look tough?

China is being forced more and more towards the path of democratic ideals, with the world's attention on China's political treatement of Taiwan in the near future, capitalistic market ideals, and pressure from the United States of America.

There's a coming paradigm shift of the Communist Party's policies, and it may change the Party forever.

As many have stated, one byproduct of the outcome is resistance. Many observers have extrapolated the situation in Taiwan to the beginnings of a new world war.

If we go in the extreme opposite direction, what do we find?

Judging by the incentives such as an exploding growth rate of capita, higher standards of quality for consumer goods and living, and the basis of world approval, a domino effect of increased democratic freedoms could ripple outward from China to neighboring poorer countries.

The effect was already seen worldwide, in a sense, after the raising (or fall, in some views) of the Iron Curtain.

What will it take for China to sway it's current views? What powers and who will have that influence?

Back
Top Bottom