• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Che Guevara - Hero or Menace?

if we can create an utopia in this world,maybe we dont need any heaven,ı am not communist because ı believe this is impossible,ı am like a social democrat but ı still believe that he cant be as dangerous as money monsters of the world....
Utopias never work out. We can get as close as we can, but utopias are impossible. And Che has been worse than many money monsters, and just as bad as others. Shell and Coke have killed people as well, but they don't seem better or worse than Guevara IMHO.

Yeah, all that bull**** you said before was simply **** you made up.

I think I hurt your feelings! You are so adorable when you're butt hurt. You could have explained your vague claims of crimes by the USA, but instead you seem to need a whaaa!ambulance now.

We're all monsters. It's a little hypocritical to pretend otherwise, when we would do the same unto our enemies as they would do unto us.

I think I hurt your feelings! You are so adorable when you're butt hurt. You could have explained your vague claims of crimes by the USA, but instead you seem to need a whaaa!ambulance now.

Hurt my feelings? Keep dreamin' dude. I wasn't the one who starting ranting about the UN and building straw men, that was you. You always this full of yourself when someone else calls you out for your bull****?

Last edited:
LOL to the two people with football profile pics, take your catfight somewhere else por favor.

Now, Che Guevara did execute people in the name of the state, which I do NOT support at all. However, some of you are also blowing the facts out of proportion. Number one, Guevara was NOT communist. He was a leftist revolutionary, and in fact, Cuba was not even communist in the very first part of Castro's regime. Only after the fascist USSR contacted him, did he go communist. The reason I classify Guevara as a hero is because of his dedication to defeating imperialism and unwanted capitalist influence in Latin America. If you recall, Batista, installed by the U.S., was a dictator who only favored elites and American big business while keeping most of Cuba in horrendous poverty. Guevara murdered dissidents because these people were pro-elite and wanted to continue keeping Cuba in the ****ter. Do I support state-administered execution? No, I do not. But I can see why Guevara had them killed. Also, as for Castro's totalitarian regime, it did not officially begin until after Guevara's death so he cannot be blamed for that. Che Guevara had a hatred for injustice and inequality, which is an admiral trait to have in my opinion.

he was a doctor ,then left the school and began to help poor people, and patients, yes he was not different..

Hmm, that coach at Penn State was a coach who helped young men before he started buggering them. Scum is scum

LOL to the two people with football profile pics, take your catfight somewhere else por favor.

Now, Che Guevara did execute people in the name of the state, which I do NOT support at all. However, some of you are also blowing the facts out of proportion. Number one, Guevara was NOT communist. He was a leftist revolutionary, and in fact, Cuba was not even communist in the very first part of Castro's regime. Only after the fascist USSR contacted him, did he go communist. The reason I classify Guevara as a hero is because of his dedication to defeating imperialism and unwanted capitalist influence in Latin America. If you recall, Batista, installed by the U.S., was a dictator who only favored elites and American big business while keeping most of Cuba in horrendous poverty. Guevara murdered dissidents because these people were pro-elite and wanted to continue keeping Cuba in the ****ter. Do I support state-administered execution? No, I do not. But I can see why Guevara had them killed. Also, as for Castro's totalitarian regime, it did not officially begin until after Guevara's death so he cannot be blamed for that. Che Guevara had a hatred for injustice and inequality, which is an admiral trait to have in my opinion.

Che was a POS and I am glad that the CIA and Bolivian soldiers shot him down like a rabid dog when he tried to stir up crap in a country he was not a citizen of

Che was a POS and I am glad that the CIA and Bolivian soldiers shot him down like a rabid dog when he tried to stir up crap in a country he was not a citizen of

So you're saying that you support unequal wealth distribution and imperialist oppression on the people? And you are saying you hate him because he killed people, yet the CIA and Bolivian soldiers murdered him? Here's a quote by him, said right before he died: "I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man." And he was right. People still support his ideologies of fighting injustice.

He was a boy who saw bad **** growing up and decided to make that turn him into a murdering asshole of a man. Being from the left, I hate having people idolize him which does nothing but weaken any stance from the left when people on my side of the aisle tout any accolades of this asshat as if he should be shown in any kind of positive light.

Oh, and 1029066... Fascism and Communism are ideologies that are practically antithetical so saying something to the order of Russia were "fascist" who showed cuba the "communist" ways... kind of makes your point seem not very valid.

As far as Che and his reasons...

Fighting for peace is like ****ing for virginity.
- George Carlin

Che was wrong and he was a naive idiot given too much power which he chose to abuse. I sure wish that jerk's legacy would quit ruining the message of the left.

Last edited:
che was ....ing ,kim jong was .....ing, but friends, whoever reacts against exploitations are called '....ing by you:shock:

che was ....ing ,kim jong was .....ing, but friends, whoever reacts against exploitations are called '....ing by you:shock:

What is "...ing"?

I'm all for justice and fighting for it in terms of a struggle but going to war and murder as if that is the only path, that is were he was wrong. The whole, "I'll beat your murdering oppression by implementing my own murdering oppression" is asinine.

I am against all wars and violence, but you cant call che a 'terrorist or murderer',this is not justice..at least he was more brave than many of us .....this was not che who exploited the world....

Last edited:
I see his image on a lot of tee-shirts that never appear to be washed.

Other than that, I don't know enough about the guy to opine.

Sounds like a cool name for a band though.

I am against all wars and violence, but you cant call che a 'terrorist or murderer',this is not justice..at least he was more brave than many of us .....this was not che who exploited the world....

Didn't call him a terrorist. I called him a murderer which is what he chose to do as the post Cuban war executioner. Not to mention that he embraced war as his method of attempting to spread his ideology. This and him being a lefty, like myself, kind of undermines what I envision as the correct path of the left.

I see his image on a lot of tee-shirts that never appear to be washed.

Other than that, I don't know enough about the guy to opine.

Sounds like a cool name for a band though.

Meh... his real name was Ernesto Guevara actually. lol

I would think most of the family members of the people Ernesto "Chancho" Lynch slaughtered would agree, he's a good candidate for the anti-Christ.

I would think most of the family members of the people Ernesto "Chancho" Lynch slaughtered would agree, he's a good candidate for the anti-Christ.

Bit of a hyperbole in a world of Pol Pot's, Stalin's, Hitler's, Idi Amin's... etc

In terms of body count, I wonder how history will judge us (America.)

Good question. But intent still plays out in such comparisons even historically.

If a comparison is made to the number of people liberated from murderous tyrants, I think a favorable judgement is likely.

Perhaps you are right. I just hope when history records murderous tyrants, there aren't too many American's on the list.

I know France was glad we came along. I suppose Bosnia and Serbia too. Not to sure about the middle eastern folks though.

I think, going forth, the citizens of the nations we "rescue" must submit, in writing, their formal request for help. And it must concluded by a impartial commission to be the majority consensus of their citizenry. Then they should pay the bill after we "liberate" them. Just my two-cents.

Perhaps you are right. I just hope when history records murderous tyrants, there aren't too many American's on the list.

I know France was glad we came along. I suppose Bosnia and Serbia too. Not to sure about the middle eastern folks though.

I think, going forth, the citizens of the nations we "rescue" must submit, in writing, their formal request for help. And it must concluded by a impartial commission to be the majority consensus of their citizenry. Then they should pay the bill after we "liberate" them. Just my two-cents.

Kuwait tried after Desert Storm. I recall after I was over there hearing about how the king/leader, whatever of Kuwait was reinstalled, he wanted to give all the troops who were there $100,000 each. But George HW Bush refused saying that we weren't mercenaries for hire. That was the rumor when I was in the Marines serving over there at least. Who knows?

I know France was glad we came along. I suppose Bosnia and Serbia too
. Not to sure about the middle eastern folks though.

Then there was Grenada . . .

I've been looking for a reliable estimate on both scores. Not much luck so far.

Back
Top Bottom