• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Che Guevara - Hero or Menace?

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
For those who don't know, Che Guevara is basically the face of revolution, having sparked many leftist revolutions throughout Latin America in the late 50's, the most successful of which was the overthrow of the Cuban dictator, Batista. He spoke out against capitalism and imperialism and believed in world revolution in the name of the people and proletariat through use of guerrilla militant tactics. He was murdered by CIA-assisted Bolivian troops while he was stirring revolution in Bolivia.

Ok, now do you all think he was a great liberator or a psycho killing menace?

Personally, he's one of my favorite historical figures, and I believe there needs to be more people like him in the modern world. Agree? Disagree? Tell me!

He did participate in the Cuban execution of dissidents, which automatically disqualifies him as a hero.

I'm not a communism fan but I do partially agree with his overthrow of American-backed dictators.

Why is this an either/or question? Every man ever had a statue built of him had to be some kind of son of a bitch.

For those who don't know, Che Guevara is basically the face of revolution, having sparked many leftist revolutions throughout Latin America in the late 50's, the most successful of which was the overthrow of the Cuban dictator, Batista. He spoke out against capitalism and imperialism and believed in world revolution in the name of the people and proletariat through use of guerrilla militant tactics. He was murdered by CIA-assisted Bolivian troops while he was stirring revolution in Bolivia.

Personally, he's one of my favorite historical figures, and I believe there needs to be more people like him in the modern world. Agree? Disagree? Tell me!

aw helllll no

images

Helped topple a corrupt regime in Cuba and helped replace it with another corrupt regime. Started out with good intentions but like most men thrust into a position of power he lost his moral compass

Helped topple a corrupt regime in Cuba and helped replace it with another corrupt regime. Started out with good intentions but like most men thrust into a position of power he lost his moral compass

I'm not sure if he had a moral compass in the sense that we do. Many Marxist revolutionaries in my opinion adopted a very Machiavellian worldview, in which the goal of proletarian dictatorship was to be achieved at whatever cost. That being said, there's precious little evidence to support the idea that Che systematically executed innocent people.

murdered? hardly. He was a disease that was eradicated. stirring revolution in a country he was not a citizen of generally merits getting shot by indigenous agents of that nation.

murdered? hardly. He was a disease that was eradicated. stirring revolution in a country he was not a citizen of generally merits getting shot by indigenous agents of that nation.

dont normally agree with your posts but your spot on there!

Interesting what conclusions you might reach when you apply that line of thinking to our own foreign policy since the Cold War...

Interesting what conclusions you might reach when you apply that line of thinking to our own foreign policy since the Cold War...

We'r ehorrible terrible country that should be taken over by the UN, and forced to live a much lower and poorer standard of living for daring to have been great for the last 150 years or so. We should all self-flog ourselves for our sins against the world and mother earth.

We'r ehorrible terrible country that should be taken over by the UN, and forced to live a much lower and poorer standard of living for daring to have been great for the last 150 years or so. We should all self-flog ourselves for our sins against the world and mother earth.
Who said that? No one ever said that.

Gotta question. Where the hell do you get your endless supply of straw?

Che possesses the very attribute that I find desirable in Commie revolutionaries... the absence of a vital signs

Guevara was a mudering piece of ****. There isn't a dime's worth of difference beween him and Hitler, or Stalin.

Guevara was a mudering piece of ****. There isn't a dime's worth of difference beween him and Hitler, or Stalin.

he was a doctor ,then left the school and began to help poor people, and patients, yes he was not different..

he was a doctor ,then left the school and began to help poor people, and patients, yes he was not different..
He tried dissidents in tribunals that ultimately led to their execution. The regime that he helped install in Cuba is one of the most dangerous and backwards on the planet. I wouldn't say he's as bad as Hitler or Stalin since he obviously started out with good intentions and then was likely corrupted by power, nor do I condone the CIA-led assassination. Communism is a nice, unrealistic idea in which the very class that it's meant to destroy keeps its power and is used atrocities in the name of social good. Don't try to defend an Orwellian-style oligarch.

He tried dissidents in tribunals that ultimately led to their execution. The regime that he helped install in Cuba is one of the most dangerous and backwards on the planet. I wouldn't say he's as bad as Hitler or Stalin since he obviously started out with good intentions and then was likely corrupted by power, nor do I condone the CIA-led assassination. Communism is a nice, unrealistic idea in which the very class that it's meant to destroy keeps its power and is used atrocities in the name of social good. Don't try to defend an Orwellian-style oligarch.
if we can create an utopia in this world,maybe we dont need any heaven,ı am not communist because ı believe this is impossible,ı am like a social democrat but ı still believe that he cant be as dangerous as money monsters of the world....

Back
Top Bottom