• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cellphone video shows a Georgia jogger ambushed by 2 gunmen

aba00d00-4ceb-4f42-a649-064d25b232c7_1920x1080.jpg

Absolutely disgusting. This is what real racism and police misconduct look like. Not a former General getting arrested for lying to the FBI repeatedly, but the police helping to cover up the murder of a black man who's only crime was to be out jogging. They should all go to jail. The father and son and every one in the police department and prosecutors office who decided to let a murder of black man slide because Georgia is still in the 40's socially.

Yep, nothing like this happens in northern blue states. ;)

Murder of Laquan McDonald - Wikipedia

What exactly is inconclusive? What actions did you see that would justify deadly use of force?

It wasn't very clear, it is a pity cause the camera person was a bit all over the place. I saw a guy jogging towards a pick up truck, he swerved from one side of the truck to the other. Bit unclear then because the camera person was not steady, however I am uncertain if the jogger actually attacked the guy with the gun or not, he was definitely throwing punches likely in self defense. Then the last bit was a scuffle for the gun and it went off, then the recording stopped. Maybe I am not viewing the entire incident?

They know who murdered him and they haven't been arrested.......... because............?

reports the police report indicates that on Sunday, Feb. 23 around 1 p.m., officers responded to a shots fired call at the intersection of Satilla and Holmes drives. Glynn County Police found Arbery dead at the scene.

Greg McMichael said there had been several break-ins in the neighborhood. He told police he saw Arbery running down the street and he asked his son, Travis, to help him confront Arbery. The two allegedly got a shotgun and handgun because they “didn’t know if Arbery was armed or not.”

The police report indicates the two men got into their truck and saw Arbery running. They attempted to cut him off, but he turned around and began running in the other direction. They continued to follow Arbery, they shouted “stop, stop, we want to talk to you.”

When they pulled up next to Arbery, Travis McMichael got out of the truck with the shotgun. According to statements, that’s when Greg McMichael said Arbery attacked his son and the two men started fighting over the gun. Then, Travis McMichael fired his weapon.

The video appears to have been taken from a car that was riding behind the McMichaels and traveling along the same road Arbery was jogging on.

In it, you see a man that's assumed to be Arbery near a white truck parked in the street. Then, yelling can be heard, as the camera drifts out of focus. When it comes back onto the scene, a gunshot can be heard, then a second, then the man who has been identified as Arbery can be seen struggling with a man for what appears to be a shotgun, as the camera again drifts down.

When it pops back up, the other man is stepping back and the man believed to be Arbery stumbles forward and falls. You hear a third shot as well before he falls.

That last sentence is the nail in the coffin for the McMichaels. They murdered him.

You do realize that the one taking the racist angle here is yourself?

It's also very ironic that you would make this claim about the republicans, yet quote a democrat.

One can discuss racism without being a racist.

Where did I say racism is confined to the south? If you want to argue that racism and misconduct against poor and minorities is rampant you won't get an argument from me. I agree with you. :thumbs:

I was specifically addressing your assertion that GA (specifically) was in the 40's socially. I was just pointing out that police racism, brutality and corruption is not a southern thing.

And if people peacefully protest this illegal behavior by the police the righties will want the protesters shot, arrested, and shot again. But when old white men armed to the teeth protest they are 'patriots' and 'very fine people'..

And Republicans wonder why a large part of the population now look at the GOP as the party of racism.

Why do you lie?

Buildings Burned, Businesses Trashed in Ferguson Protests - ABC News

that is not peaceful protests when you are burning and looting businesses.
you have a strange definition of what peaceful protests are.

It wasn't very clear, it is a pity cause the camera person was a bit all over the place. I saw a guy jogging towards a pick up truck, he swerved from one side of the truck to the other. Bit unclear then because the camera person was not steady, however I am uncertain if the jogger actually attacked the guy with the gun or not, he was definitely throwing punches likely in self defense. Then the last bit was a scuffle for the gun and it went off, then the recording stopped. Maybe I am not viewing the entire incident?

So you saw nothing that proves they had a right to self defense? Because arguing self defense when you kill someone is an affirmative defense meaning you have to prove your life was in danger to justify taking the life of another and according to you, you see nothing that proves those two racists were in fear of their lives.

I addressed the issue and did not ignore it. You pretending that I did either is an issue all of your own making.

We're still sitting through having police officers who've made the wrong call, are receiving death threats to their own kids. After months of trials and investigations to show that they simply screwed up when it stood to cost them the most.

Now here we are, still stuck in an era where hands up don't shoot, is still considered a cry for equality. Even though it was built and propagated on a lie. And while we're dancing close to the subject. I really dislike the fact that my race is being dragged out into the public eye, just so someone who couldn't care for their lives before now. To use as a pillar so they can wag their finger at others that they deem beneath them.

We've seen cops receive their punishment for breaking the law, attempting to hide their shame, or just simply screwing up. So this whole "if police departments actually punished their own" BS is long past being a tired concept.

I'm going to wait until all available information comes forward and nothing more.

The cops should have done their proper investigation.
The video is pretty condemning and needs further review of those two men.

The video doesn't fully show what happened but bits and pieces of it.
We don't know who started the confrontation or what happened.

What we do know is that 2 guys got into a struggle and it looks like they were fighting over a gun.
The other guy had a gun and could have shot him. We don't know the video doesn't tell all the results.

The cops in this case have lied and filed a false police report to people.
This is where IA comes in and finds out what the hell they were thinking.

You are right there are still questions that need to be answered however given that the police there have already lied once i don't trust them to
do a proper investigation.

:boohoo:

Hands up don't shoot was born out the mistrust the black community has for law enforcement, exactly because of **** like this. But everyone here really feels for you as a white guy. How tough it must be for you to have race be dragged into this. I mean if this keeps up people might think it's ok to just gun you down as you're out for a jog just because of the color of your skin. :roll:

Is the "we" who knows all these things the same "we" that embraces ignorance at every turn? Because the facts paint a different story all together. Cops are almost never charged with wrong doing and when they are, even with video evidence, more often then not they get off. In some cases even after they're caught lying about the evidence.

You mean you're going to feign ignorance of the facts because they don't look good for your side.

:shrug:

The facts are there are more white people shot by cops than black people.
So really white people have more to fear from cops than black people do.

I was specifically addressing your assertion that GA (specifically) was in the 40's socially. I was just pointing out that police racism, brutality and corruption is not a southern thing.

No you weren't just pointing it out, you were implying I thought racism only existed in the south. My comments about Georgia's social progress isn't an exoneration of anyone else's. That's clear enough to anyone who can read. But again, I reiterate my support for your point that racism is rampant in all of law enforcement.

:yes:

And what do you know that says there shouldn't be outrage over a jogger getting gun downed and the police not only letting the shooters go, but telling his mother that he was killed during a burglary?

The accuser apparently did her research in the newspapers.

The facts are there are more white people shot by cops than black people.
So really white people have more to fear from cops than black people do.

:lamo

You are a testament to your people ludin. Bravo. :clap:

So you saw nothing that proves they had a right to self defense? Because arguing self defense when you kill someone is an affirmative defense meaning you have to prove your life was in danger to justify taking the life of another and according to you, you see nothing that proves those two racists were in fear of their lives.

I did not see anything where there was self defense was necessary for the 2 guys with the guns, except when one of them was struggling with the jogger over the gun at the front end of the vehicle. The video I watched stopped as the gun went off.

I did not see anything where there was self defense was necessary for the 2 guys with the guns, except when one of them was struggling with the jogger over the gun at the front end of the vehicle. The video I watched stopped as the gun went off.

So now the question is why weren't they charged?

If you have to prove your life was in danger and the video shows no such thing why have we gone two months without an arrest? And why did the cops say he was shot while committing a burglary?

Back
Top Bottom