• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cellphone video shows a Georgia jogger ambushed by 2 gunmen

Master Debator

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Cellphone video shows a Georgia jogger allegedly ambushed by 2 gunmenCooper said when police told her that her youngest son was shot and killed inside a home during a burglary she had no reason to question it "because it was authority talking."

It wasn't until after Cooper did her own research and read local media reports that she says she started to question what police said.

The district attorneys in Brunswick and Waycross Counties have recused themselves from the case, citing conflicts of interest because of professional ties to Gregory McMichael, who had a lengthy career as an investigator in the Brunswick district attorney’s office before recently retiring. He also worked for several years as an officer in the Glynn County Police Department.

Before the Waycross district attorney, George Barnhill, removed himself from the investigation, he wrote a three-page report that said there was insufficient probable cause to issue arrest warrants for the McMichaels and Williams, according to the documents obtained by*The New York Times.

Absolutely disgusting. This is what real racism and police misconduct look like. Not a former General getting arrested for lying to the FBI repeatedly, but the police helping to cover up the murder of a black man who's only crime was to be out jogging. They should all go to jail. The father and son and every one in the police department and prosecutors office who decided to let a murder of black man slide because Georgia is still in the 40's socially.

Yet another case that people are going to fly off the handles about. While barely knowing anything about it in the first place.

Yet another case that people are going to fly off the handles about. While barely knowing anything about it in the first place.

And what do you know that says there shouldn't be outrage over a jogger getting gun downed and the police not only letting the shooters go, but telling his mother that he was killed during a burglary?

And what do you know that says there shouldn't be outrage over a jogger getting gun downed and the police not only letting the shooters go, but telling his mother that he was killed during a burglary?

That the police can simply be wrong, or that someone could be lying for their own agenda, or that things are still not what they appear to be.

Demonizing a whole state, because of one or two jackasses. Is not the way to go about with this kind of thing.

Absolutely disgusting. This is what real racism and police misconduct look like. Not a former General getting arrested for lying to the FBI repeatedly, but the police helping to cover up the murder of a black man who's only crime was to be out jogging. They should all go to jail. The father and son and every one in the police department and prosecutors office who decided to let a murder of black man slide because Georgia is still in the 40's socially.

From what I've read and heard, I agree.

That the police can simply be wrong, or that someone could be lying for their own agenda, or that things are still not what they appear to be.

Demonizing a whole state, because of one or two jackasses. Is not the way to go about with this kind of thing.

Except this isn't some freak accident, the police have a long and consistent history of lying, tampering with evidence and ignoring crimes when it comes to protecting their own people. The terms "Blue Wall" or "Blue Shield" exist for a reason. If police departments actually punished their own people appropriately instead of covering it up they wouldn't be as criticized.

The real question is why you feel the need to defend and justify this terrible and illegal behavior. Ignoring the issue instead of actually addressing it isn't helping.

Oh, are you triggered by my characterization of Georgia being backward and racist? :boohoo:

What kind of mistake results in two white men not even being taken into custody after they gun down a black man out for a jog and then go tell his mother he was killed in the middle of a burglary? That's some mistake. What kind of **** for brains is running that police department? This incident is 2 months old. They were trying to put it to bed and the only reason justice might get done is because someone recorded the shooting and posted it online and now everyone involved has to recruse themselves. But no, just an honest mistake.

:roll:

And if people peacefully protest this illegal behavior by the police the righties will want the protesters shot, arrested, and shot again. But when old white men armed to the teeth protest they are 'patriots' and 'very fine people'..

And Republicans wonder why a large part of the population now look at the GOP as the party of racism.

Except this isn't some freak accident, the police have a long and consistent history of lying, tampering with evidence and ignoring crimes when it comes to protecting their own people. The terms "Blue Wall" or "Blue Shield" exist for a reason. If police departments actually punished their own people appropriately instead of covering it up they wouldn't be as criticized.

The real question is why you feel the need to defend and justify this terrible and illegal behavior. Ignoring the issue instead of actually addressing it isn't helping.

I addressed the issue and did not ignore it. You pretending that I did either is an issue all of your own making.

We're still sitting through having police officers who've made the wrong call, are receiving death threats to their own kids. After months of trials and investigations to show that they simply screwed up when it stood to cost them the most.

Now here we are, still stuck in an era where hands up don't shoot, is still considered a cry for equality. Even though it was built and propagated on a lie. And while we're dancing close to the subject. I really dislike the fact that my race is being dragged out into the public eye, just so someone who couldn't care for their lives before now. To use as a pillar so they can wag their finger at others that they deem beneath them.

We've seen cops receive their punishment for breaking the law, attempting to hide their shame, or just simply screwing up. So this whole "if police departments actually punished their own" BS is long past being a tired concept.

I'm going to wait until all available information comes forward and nothing more.

And if people peacefully protest this illegal behavior by the police the righties will want the protesters shot, arrested, and shot again. But when old white men armed to the teeth protest they are 'patriots' and 'very fine people'..

And Republicans wonder why a large part of the population now look at the GOP as the party of racism.

You do realize that the one taking the racist angle here is yourself?

It's also very ironic that you would make this claim about the republicans, yet quote a democrat.

You do realize that the one taking the racist angle here is yourself?

It's also very ironic that you would make this claim about the republicans, yet quote a democrat.

The 'Southern Strategy', White supremacy groups celebrating Trump's election, and Trump calling neo-Nazi's 'some very fine people' is all I need to see to know which party racists run too.

And no it is NOT racist for me to point out Republicans racism and hypocrisy when they celebrate white people like the Bundy's who threatened to shoot law officers and did a $1 mil in damages, while wanting to arrest, and some want worse done to college kids of color who don't threaten anyone and peacefully protest.

Oh, are you triggered by my characterization of Georgia being backward and racist? :boohoo:

What kind of mistake results in two white men not even being taken into custody after they gun down a black man out for a jog and then go tell his mother he was killed in the middle of a burglary? That's some mistake. What kind of **** for brains is running that police department? This incident is 2 months old. They were trying to put it to bed and the only reason justice might get done is because someone recorded the shooting and posted it online and now everyone involved has to recruse themselves. But no, just an honest mistake.

:roll:

Video footage of the shooting allegedly taken by a bystander was leaked on social media and quickly went viral.

How many times have these words been in play and caused more ill than good?

I'm fine with you being upset, but flatly labeling a whole state who's citizens had largely nothing to do with the incident. Is a rather abhorrent way to conduct yourself.

I addressed the issue and did not ignore it. You pretending that I did either is an issue all of your own making.

We're still sitting through having police officers who've made the wrong call, are receiving death threats to their own kids. After months of trials and investigations to show that they simply screwed up when it stood to cost them the most.

:boohoo:

Oborosen said:
Now here we are, still stuck in an era where hands up don't shoot, is still considered a cry for equality. Even though it was built and propagated on a lie. And while we're dancing close to the subject. I really dislike the fact that my race is being dragged out into the public eye, just so someone who couldn't care for their lives before now. To use as a pillar so they can wag their finger at others that they deem beneath them.

Hands up don't shoot was born out the mistrust the black community has for law enforcement, exactly because of **** like this. But everyone here really feels for you as a white guy. How tough it must be for you to have race be dragged into this. I mean if this keeps up people might think it's ok to just gun you down as you're out for a jog just because of the color of your skin. :roll:

Oborosen said:
We've seen cops receive their punishment for breaking the law, attempting to hide their shame, or just simply screwing up. So this whole "if police departments actually punished their own" BS is long past being a tired concept.

Is the "we" who knows all these things the same "we" that embraces ignorance at every turn? Because the facts paint a different story all together. Cops are almost never charged with wrong doing and when they are, even with video evidence, more often then not they get off. In some cases even after they're caught lying about the evidence.

Oborosen said:
I'm going to wait until all available information comes forward and nothing more.

You mean you're going to feign ignorance of the facts because they don't look good for your side.

:shrug:

Last edited:
The 'Southern Strategy', White supremacy groups celebrating Trump's election, and Trump calling neo-Nazi's 'some very fine people' is all I need to see to know which party racists run too.

Direct Quote from Trump's briefing:
It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats – you had a lot of bad people in the other group too.

Thank you Sirius, for allowing yourself to be caught in such an obvious lie. After it's been debunked time and time again.

And no it is NOT racist for me to point out Republicans racism and hypocrisy when they celebrate white people like the Bundy's who threatened to shoot law officers and did a $1 mil in damages, while wanting to arrest, and some want worse done to college kids of color who don't threaten anyone and peacefully protest.

I would have to see a citation for that. But given that your first statement was an already obvious lie, I'm not going to hold my breath for this one either.

But I'm sure that you can find a few social outliers somewhere.

How many times have these words been in play and caused more ill than good?

I'm fine with you being upset, but flatly labeling a whole state who's citizens had largely nothing to do with the incident. Is a rather abhorrent way to conduct yourself.

#1 rule for racial progressives, in any conflict between a white and a black, automatically assume the white did something wrong.

#1 rule for racial progressives, in any conflict between a white and a black, automatically assume the white did something wrong.

It's a pretty safe assumption when there's video of two whites in a pick up truck gunning down a black jogger and then two months passing and no one being attested for it.

It’s been 74 days since this young man was killed. The police and DA have had this video the entire time and refused to release it. It was leaked to the media on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Direct Quote from Trump's briefing:

Thank you Sirius, for allowing yourself to be caught in such an obvious lie. After it's been debunked time and time again.

I would have to see a citation for that. But given that your first statement was an already obvious lie, I'm not going to hold my breath for this one either.

But I'm sure that you can find a few social outliers somewhere.

I see how you didn't deny the White Supremacists celebrating Trump's election or the GOP's Southern Strategy...lol And at 1st he did say '"You also had some very fine people on both sides,"....

I'm no going to go back and forth with you about this.. There's a TON of evidence, quotes from GOP politicians, examples, etc. of the GOP's racism. They have become the party of racism, there's is no doubt about that. End of story..

Hands up don't shoot was born out the mistrust the black community has for law enforcement, exactly because of **** like this. But everyone here really feels for you as a white guy. How tough it must be for you to have race be dragged into this. I mean if this keeps up people might think it's ok to just gun you down as you're out for a jog just because of the color of your skin. :roll:

Is the "we" who knows all these things the same "we" that embraces ignorance at every turn? Because the facts paint a different story all together. Cops are almost never charged with wrong doing and when they are, even with video evidence, more often then not they get off. In some cases even after they're caught lying about the evidence.

You mean you're going to feign ignorance of the facts because they don't look good for your side.

:shrug:

Not white, so thanks for that little display of racism on your part.

It’s been 74 days since this young man was killed. The police and DA have had this video the entire time and refused to release it. It was leaked to the media on Monday.

Which makes me question motive even more, in some respects.

The Justice Dept needs to review every case that department has worked on. This is the real misconduct. Not the FBI case against Flynn white wingers are so worked up about. These ****ers covered up a murder and then topped it off by telling the victims mother that it was her son that was the criminal. Pieces of **** should all hang. But they didn't just let a victim go without justice. They allowed two murders to go free and walk around the community, still armed. That's injustice twice over. But white wingers will come here and defend this and cry about the hard job poor police officers do and then turn around in another thread and call them traitors because they dared to apply the law to a good ole boy.

I see how you didn't deny the White Supremacists celebrating Trump's election or the GOP's Southern Strategy...lol And at 1st he did say '"You also had some very fine people on both sides,"....

I'm no going to go back and forth with you about this.. There's a TON of evidence, quotes from GOP politicians, examples, etc. of the GOP's racism. They have become the party of racism, there's is no doubt about that. End of story..

Let them celebrate, because I don't really care. Candidates don't have any real control over whole votes for them, or finds revelry in their winning the election.

So you're just going to plant your foot into a falsified narrative and act as thought that's the end of it?

Fine then, I've already shown that you attempted to directly lie about something that has already been disproven. So you're free to hide behind your fallacy.

Calling a whole political party racist, especially when you can't prove it. Only makes you look childish and tucking tail doesn't help you appear any more truthful in the matter.

Whatever you say....

And whatever racist thing you decide to say next...

Then again, if you want to take a stab at the conversation again, without dipping into racism this time around. You're welcome to try.

Back
Top Bottom