• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brian Holloway, former NFL star, may be sued by parents of teens who trashed his home

Re: Brian Holloway, former NFL star, may be sued by parents of teens who trashed his

Are we suprised that the parents of teens who would break into a house and trash it, are also giant douchebags themselves? If I were a judge, I would make those parents suing, join their kids in repairing the damage done to that house.

Brian Holloway, former NFL star, may be sued by parents of teens who trashed his home

Brian Holloway, former NFL star, may be sued by parents of teens who trashed his home - UPI.com

Re: Brian Holloway, former NFL star, may be sued by parents of teens who trashed his

Unreal! What the hell has happened to parents and parenting? If I had participated in something like that my father would have had me standing in front of Holloway apologizing and asking Brian Holloway to consider me his free and willing home repair and yard assistant once a week for a full year. And my parents would be doubly pissed if I wasn't the first to apologize.

I'm guessing the parents hate the Patriots.

The man tried to use this as a teachable moment, and the parents refused.
I say sue them for the damages their little angels caused.

Brian Holloway, former NFL star, may be sued by parents of teens who trashed ...

Social media is like tattoos, it helps the authorities identify the bodies.

Re: Brian Holloway, former NFL star, may be sued by parents of teens who trashed ...

Social media is like tattoos, it helps the authorities identify the bodies.

cliff clavin would appreciate that observation

Maybe he should just sue all of those parents for what their poorly supervised and brought-up little monsters did.

Sounds fair to me.

Seems to me everyone there is a least guilty of breaking & entering. After charging the children their parents should be taken out and shot at least once a month.

I posted pictures... of them partying and tearing things up?

Typical Patriot.

Re: Brian Holloway, former NFL star, may be sued by parents of teens who trashed ...

If it were my kid, I would have marched his little ass over there and he would have been on his hands and knees scraping paint until the job was done, and that would be the least of his worries.

That said, if any adult posts dispariaging pictures on my child on the Internet, regardless of the reason, I'd immediately pursue any and all legal remedies that were available to me.

I do not provide my kid's school and soccer team with blanket permission to post his image actually doing good stuff, I'll be damned if someone is going to post pictures of him being a delinquient.

I'm his parent, not former NFL star Brian Holloway.

I'm responsible for his upbrining and for his punishment when and if I feel it's deserved or called for.

I don't need or want Brian Holloway's "help".

If a grown man feels he needs to go tit-for-tat with children he deserves whatever trouble comes his way.

That said, if any adult posts dispariaging pictures on my child on the Internet, regardless of the reason, I'd immediately pursue any and all legal remedies that were available to me.

It was my understanding he reposted pictures they themselves already had posted of them partying and destroying his property.

It was my understanding he reposted pictures they themselves already had posted of them partying and destroying his property.

I kinda got that impression too.

If a grown man feels he needs to go tit-for-tat with children he deserves whatever trouble comes his way.

Wouldn't tit-for-tat be him destroying your house?

Today's kids are really stupid. :lol: They really are. Who does **** like this and then posts it online?

Personally, I think Holloway should press charges. He did the stand up guy thing, he tried to get the kids to help him fix it. He obviously doesn't want the kids' lives ruined, and that's why he offered them the option of helping him repair the damage, without getting the authorities involved. Now that the parents are acting like raging, infected hemorrhoids, I'd say it's on like Donkey Kong.

Are we suprised that the parents of teens who would break into a house and trash it, are also giant douchebags themselves? If I were a judge, I would make those parents suing, join their kids in repairing the damage done to that house.

Hey!! Brian Holloway has more than they do and it's not fair........REPARATIONS BROTHER!!!!

Maybe he should just sue all of those parents for what their poorly supervised and brought-up little monsters did.

Sounds fair to me.

Why are you accusing the kids? It's Holloway that bought all that stuff and has another house in Florida. Why should he be allowed to have all that crap? It's only fair to destroy that which you have failed to earn.

If it were my kid, I would have marched his little ass over there and he would have been on his hands and knees scraping paint until the job was done, and that would be the least of his worries.

I do not provide my kid's school and soccer team with blanket permission to post his image actually doing good stuff, I'll be damned if someone is going to post pictures of him being a delinquient.

I'm responsible for his upbrining and for his punishment when and if I feel it's deserved or called for.

I'm with you brother!!!! No way we can allow someone that we ****ed over to use our own words and pictures that we posted ourselves against us! Just because we're irresponsible, thoughtless, disgusting scum doesn't mean that just anybody can point that out.

I would've asked my teammate Aaron Hernandez to help me settle the score.

Right, the kids in question were so goddam stupid they posted pictures of them themselves via Tweet. Fair play to Holloway.

My guess is if they were on twitter they're in the public domain so the lawsuit will probably die on the vine.

As a practical matter the kids committed at least one felony and victim has shown a willingness to let bygones be bygones and use the incident as a teaching opportunity. The parents are bigger morons than their kids for antagonizing him.

My guess is if they were on twitter they're in the public domain so the lawsuit will probably die on the vine.

The public availability of a work does not make it public (domain) property.

A good rule of thumb when dealing with art (including photos), music, literature, and other intellectual property is to just assume that if you neither created it nor received permission from the creator to use it you don't have any right to it.

As a practical matter the kids committed at least one felony and victim has shown a willingness to let bygones be bygones and use the incident as a teaching opportunity. The parents are bigger morons than their kids for antagonizing him.

The parents are simply asserting their legal rights.

If that antagonizes the guy that's just too ****ing bad.

Correct.

Again, technically correct, but... just because you can doesn't mean you should.

A good rule of thumb when dealing with art (including photos), music, literature, and other intellectual property is to just assume that if you neither created it nor received permission from the creator to use it you don't have any right to it.

If that antagonizes the guy that's just too ****ing bad.

I'll assume your correct - it's an area I don't know much about - even so what do they hope to accomplish? It certainly isn't like he actually reaped a profit from his action.

And antagonizing someone who's input weighs heavily in whether your kid gets arrested on a felony to assert a largely meaningless (as a practical matter) legal right seems much like cutting off one's nose to spite their face,

Back
Top Bottom