• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breonna Taylor shooting: Fired Louisville officer indicted on criminal charges

disagree all you want. if you see a group of armed guys approaching you what are you going to do?
defend yourself or let them kill you?

unless they announce they are police they have no protections.
they can be treated as any other person.
Did you miss the part of the AG's press conference where they announced themselves?

She was unlucky and everybody agrees. If the cops busted in and started firing then they would have all been charged. That's not what happened and I'm not sure what your point has to do with the outcome of the investigation.

I don't agree she was "unlucky".

I get it. You're good with the cops shooting without having any clue that they are shooting at the right person. I don't.

disagree all you want. if you see a group of armed guys approaching you what are you going to do?
defend yourself or let them kill you?

unless they announce they are police they have no protections.
they can be treated as any other person.
The officers were serving a lawful warrant and said they announced themselves, a claim supported by a neighbor's testimony. I don't own a firearm.

Did you miss the part of the AG's press conference where they announced themselves?

Trump and his loyal fans say we shouldn't believe the FBI - the most honorable of enforcement agencies there is. But we should believe the Louisvlle, Kentucky police unquestioningly. Got it.

I know, right? Responsibility is so 1980. It's all about luck. Sorry you're dead - you were just unlucky!

I hope nobody you know is ever killed by a texting driver or ricochet bullet. But if they are, you can just say "oh well, he was unlucky".
I have been around many unlucky deaths.

So that means she gets the death penalty. Right?

I expect trained officers to know who they are shooting at and know that they have a reason to shoot at someone. Breonna Taylor posed no threat to the officers. She was unarmed. She didn't shoot at them.
Something happened that caused her to get shot 6 times and her boyfriend not to get shot at all. That "something" has yet to be disclosed. Making assumptions about what happened, especially when based on incomplete, erroneous or flat out manufactured information isn't really advisable.

Something happened that caused her to get shot 6 times and her boyfriend not to get shot at all. That "something" has yet to be disclosed. Making assumptions about what happened, especially when based on incomplete, erroneous or flat out manufactured information isn't really advisable.
He ducked. She did not.

People there say otherwise.
they have witnesses that say nothing was knocked nor did they announce themselves.
where is the video footage at?

Trump and his loyal fans say we shouldn't believe the FBI - the most honorable of enforcement agencies there is. But we should believe the Louisvlle, Kentucky police unquestioningly. Got it.
When the FBI has been caught red handed in lying to federal courts then yea they shouldn't be believed.
when they are caught committing illegal activities then yes they should be questioned.

The FBI was involved in the investigation. Okay so it's now clear, you just don't believe the reports from the investigation?

People there say otherwise.
they have witnesses that say nothing was knocked nor did they announce themselves.
where is the video footage at?
There was a witness who said he heard them announce themselves. The Grand Jury made a decision based on the facts they were presented.

The FBI was involved in the investigation. Okay so it's now clear, you just don't believe the reports from the investigation?

What reports are you talking about? I'm talking about what the Louisville PD said that you referenced.

There was a witness who said he heard them announce themselves. The Grand Jury made a decision based on the facts they were presented.

And a woman in Laci Peterson's neighborhood testified under oath that Laci walked right by her house with the dog. That of course coincided with the time her pregnant corpse was being sunk in the San Francisco Bay wearing different clothes than the neighbor said she was wearing.

What reports are you talking about? I'm talking about what the Louisville PD said that you referenced.
I'm talking about the AG's statements regarding the information provided to the Grand Jury that came from Kentucky's own investigation and the FBI's investigation.

That is the presumption and reality is that all the facts are not known, but that is not the issue.
No presumption. The facts are known. They jd a signed warrant. Period. They were lawfully present.
The bigger question is whether police can invade a home then kill someone and then claim self defense. How is shooting an unarmed person self defense?
They did not invade the home. They had a warrant, knocked, announced themselves, and then entered. So yes they do have to right to kill someone in that situation when that person opens fire on them first.
Only if they are fully identified.
which they were.
There is conflicting testimony to that.
yes, the one who shot first claims they didnt. The officers and at least one neighbor who corroborated them say otherwise.
Here is a more important question. Since there are about 10 persons killed annually in similar scenarios, what training and procedures are used to avoid or minimize such events?
Where are your stats from and what arethey referring to? I'd need to know more to comment on your question.

Everyone is saying she could have moved.

So could they. But they didn't. They shot her 6 times.

It was reported that the police fired 32 times into the apartment building. Two of the bullets entered a neighbor's apartment with a pregnant woman and a child.

I understand that the boyfriend fired first obviously after they busted the door open. But what I have problem with is firing blindly into a house not knowing if there are innocent people or children inside.

This is what happened at the Waco Siege where they killed 20 children.

And as one reviews this whole incident you realize the city has already paid the family 12 million and suffered vast police civilian relations you realize there were no drugs found.

If people think that city is divided now just think what it would be like if the pregnant woman and child had been killed too.

And a woman in Laci Peterson's neighborhood testified under oath that Laci walked right by her house with the dog. That of course coincided with the time her pregnant corpse was being sunk in the San Francisco Bay wearing different clothes than the neighbor said she was wearing.
The Grand Jury makes decisions based on the facts presented to them. What more do you want?

Back
Top Bottom