• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breonna Taylor shooting: Fired Louisville officer indicted on criminal charges

No, they should have knocked on the door and waited for the resident to answer so they can resolve the situation peacefully.
They knocked and announced themselves in which they did not have to do. They had the authority to enter the premises. Whether that should have been granted is a valid argument. The fact is that it was granted whether you agree or disagree. They did not break any laws.

Given the fact that they were not wearing any symbols of being a police enforcement unit.
nor did they announce that they were the police the person in the house saw a group of guys
heavily armed walking up to his house.

Given his neighborhood and where they lived he has a right under the 4th amendment to protect his home.
THe cops were completely wrong in his case.
the guy they were looking for was already in custody.
Shot at. Fired back. We disagree on several points.

So the police should stand there without returning fire (even after one had been shot) until they are dead? Got it.

They need to find the person who shot one cop in the leg. The injured cop needs to take care of himself.

Unsure, there seems to be complications all the way around with this case.

However it does green light a consequence. It will encourage law enforcement to up the game by not announcing themselves, look for any resistance, and return by executing everyone they encounter.

democrats continue to lie.

Terrorist hack Ben Crump, who makes a living promoting terrorism by filing nuisance lawsuits against police officers. Crump is a "slip and fall" ambulance chaser who made a name in the Trayvon Martin case and then was involved in the Blake, Arbery, and Floyd cases.

Crump is a sleazy pile of shit without a hint of integrity, typical democrat. He lied to the press and the American people the day of the Taylor shooting claiming police served a no-knock warrant and were in plain clothes.

The little Goebbels of the CCP press repeated the lies by Crump verbatim, as he knew they would. Even if the New York Times or CNN had anyone on staff who was capable of vetting a story, they wouldn't. The agenda of the party is what the gutter scum demagogues promote. They are not journalists, but propagandists.

Bodycam footage and an FBI investigation proved that the officers were in uniform and used a bullhorn to announce "POLICE - OPEN UP"; at which point Kenneth Walker opened fire on them. Police returned fire AFTER Walker had already shot a police officer.

But we see the democrat terrorist filth continuing to repeat Crump's lie. Why? Because democrats are gutter scum traitors who don't give a shit about justice and seek only to fan the flames of violence.

You have still not proven the police had no way of knowing who was armed and who was not or where Taylor and Walker were standing. I will not stop asking until I get an answer.
There is no answer because there is no question.

Out of curiosity, assuming you own a firearm, if someone kicks in your door while you are sleeping do you respond with force or how long do you wait? At what point is a person allowed to use self defense in their own home?
I don't own a firearm.

Something else we all know is she would have been tried, not killed, if there was any probable cause to arrest her.

Very good point.

I never knew until this incident that standing next to someone who fires at LEOs means you get the death penalty.

There is no answer because there is no question.

There is a question if I ask it, obviously. And there is an answer. I will not give up so if you want me to stop asking the question you have to answer it.

But a person she was closely involved with at her home fired at the police and she was right beside him. I completely understand that it is extremely tragic that she got caught in the crossfire but what do you expect the officers to do in that instance? Stand there and not return fire even after one officer was shot?

So that means she gets the death penalty. Right?

I expect trained officers to know who they are shooting at and know that they have a reason to shoot at someone. Breonna Taylor posed no threat to the officers. She was unarmed. She didn't shoot at them.

So that means she gets the death penalty. Right?

I expect trained officers to know who they are shooting at and know that they have a reason to shoot at someone. Breonna Taylor posed no threat to the officers. She was unarmed. She didn't shoot at them.
So what would you like the officers to be charged with exactly?

There is a question if I ask it, obviously. And there is an answer. I will not give up so if you want me to stop asking the question you have to answer it.
The police fired in lawful self-defense while serving a lawful warrant.

Self defense? She had no weapon. What imminent threat did she pose to them?
What the police knew was that someone shot at them from a particular direction. They fired back in that direction in self-defense. Taylor was unlucky. The police were not at fault.

The person they shot didn't fire on them. That is the problem here.

I think most people prefer that the police know who they are shooting at. There could have been a toddler standing there. Most people value human life, and "shoot first and ask questions later" is so 1886.
While we will never know exactly how this went down,(unless there is a video), it sounds like, Kenneth Walker
fired at police, standing is a line between where the police were and Breonna.
When the police returned fire, Walker moved from his position, leaving Breonna in the line of fire.
The police and the city were found liable in civil court, and paid Breonns's family $12, million, and agreed to change their policies.
The Grand Jury, when presented with the best evidence available, found NO criminal liability, for the officers who's bullets actually killed Breonna.

The police fired in lawful self-defense while serving a lawful warrant.

You are still not proving they had no way of knowing Taylor was unarmed and standing next to Walker and Walker fired the shot. There is no reason to keep saying that crap instead of answering my question.

What the police knew was that someone shot at them from a particular direction. They fired back in that direction in self-defense. Taylor was unlucky. The police were not at fault.
Well, the city was found at fault in civil court.

Shot at. Fired back. We disagree on several points.
disagree all you want. if you see a group of armed guys approaching you what are you going to do?
defend yourself or let them kill you?

unless they announce they are police they have no protections.
they can be treated as any other person.

You are still not proving they had no way of knowing Taylor was unarmed and standing next to Walker and Walker fired the shot. There is no reason to keep saying that crap instead of answering my question.
We actually do not know how this went down, Walker could have been standing in front of Breonna , when he fired, and then moved.
The Grand Jury, had the best data, and we know they found no criminal charges, for the police who fired the shots that killed Breonna

I know, right? Responsibility is so 1980. It's all about luck. Sorry you're dead - you were just unlucky!

I hope nobody you know is ever killed by a texting driver or ricochet bullet. But if they are, you can just say "oh well, he was unlucky".

We know that Walker fired first and struck an officer. Do we know exactly where each of them was standing in the apartment? Not that I know of and I'm not sure how we can know that. Unless you can prove that Taylor was nowhere near Walker, which is very unlikely as it was a small apartment, she seems to have been caught in crossfire due to Walker firing first. I'm not sure what your question has to do with the outcome of the investigation under Kentucky Law.

I know, right? Responsibility is so 1980. It's all about luck. Sorry you're dead - you were just unlucky!

I hope nobody you know is ever killed by a texting driver or ricochet bullet. But if they are, you can just say "oh well, he was unlucky".
The city was found liable in a civil court!

She was unlucky and everybody agrees. If the cops busted in and started firing then they would have all been charged. That's not what happened and I'm not sure what your point has to do with the outcome of the investigation.

Back
Top Bottom