• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breonna Taylor shooting: Fired Louisville officer indicted on criminal charges

Nope. That's not the way it works.

I need to see proof there was no way they could have known Taylor was next to Walker and Walker fired the shot. That is what determines what the cop should be charged with in killing Taylor.

I asked you where you got the idea most Americans have guns. That is absolutely not true. Homeowners protect their properties by locking all exterior doors. Many people have alarm systems. Another common method is having guard dogs. If a burglar comes in the night, or when nobody is home, guns are totally useless.
You didn’t ask me anything .
Also I agree that guns are useless but I’m making the point that Americans that own guns mostly have them because they believe it will protect them in their property etc. So for those same people to say the police were justified because her bf brandished a weapon in his own home makes them hypocrites.

I need to see proof there was no way they could have known Taylor was next to Walker and Walker fired the shot. If they did, it was murder. If they did not, it was manslaughter. Huge difference.
It's neither. The law does not require perfect marksmanship from police firing in self-defense.

The person they shot didn't fire on them. That is the problem here.

I think most people prefer that the police know who they are shooting at. There could have been a toddler standing there. Most people value human life, and "shoot first and ask questions later" is so 1886.
You can make a better argument that Kenneth Walker should not have fired a gun blindly. And I would hope somebody wouldn't fire a weapon at someone with a toddler beside them.

Because of both - they were lawfully present
That is the presumption and reality is that all the facts are not known, but that is not the issue. The bigger question is whether police can invade a home then kill someone and then claim self defense. How is shooting an unarmed person self defense?

and have the right to defend themselves while serving a warrant.
Only if they are fully identified.

THe boyfriend would have had the right to fire if this were actually a no-knock warrant but it seems that despite media coverage, they actually knocked and identified themselves as law enforcement (per witness corroboration to the grand jury). In that case, he does not actually have the right to fire.
There is conflicting testimony to that.

Here is a more important question. Since there are about 10 persons killed annually in similar scenarios, what training and procedures are used to avoid or minimize such events?

You can make a better argument that Kenneth Walker should not have fired a gun blindly. And I would hope somebody wouldn't fire a weapon at someone with a toddler beside them.

You would hope that. But that isn't always the case.

They shot an unarmed woman who didn't fire at them. That's the one part of the story we all know. If she was my daughter or sister, I wouldn't have the "oh well, shit happens" attitude that others have.

It's neither. The law does not require perfect marksmanship from police firing in self-defense.

The law requires a specific target. Shooting in a general direction just because you heard something is illegal.

While her background is not what is portrayed in the liberal media that is not why I feel She is responsible for her death. She chose to hang with drugs, used her residence for criminal acts,

^ More blaming the victim of police brutality.

The law requires a specific target. Shooting in a general direction just because you heard something is illegal.
Nope. The officers were fired on (one was hit). That absolutely justified return fire in the direction of the sound.

Who ever said anything about a duty to die? You made that up. And there is absolutely no reason to call any American a Communist unless that person is self identified as one.

I am still waiting for proof the cop had no way of knowing who "fired at" him and Breonna Taylor was unarmed. If you can't prove it, you're wrong.

So Biden voters shot two more police officers. Another mostly peaceful night of violent civil war by the mostly peaceful democrat terrorists.

democrats are almost as peaceful as ISIS.

They shot an unarmed woman who didn't fire at them. That's the one part of the story we all know. If she was my daughter or sister, I wouldn't have the "oh well, shit happens" attitude that others have.
But a person she was closely involved with at her home fired at the police and she was right beside him. I completely understand that it is extremely tragic that she got caught in the crossfire but what do you expect the officers to do in that instance? Stand there and not return fire even after one officer was shot?

Nope. The officers were fired on (one was hit). That absolutely justified return fire in the direction of the sound.
Given the fact that they were not wearing any symbols of being a police enforcement unit.
nor did they announce that they were the police the person in the house saw a group of guys
heavily armed walking up to his house.

Given his neighborhood and where they lived he has a right under the 4th amendment to protect his home.
THe cops were completely wrong in his case.
the guy they were looking for was already in custody.

They shot an unarmed woman who didn't fire at them. That's the one part of the story we all know. If she was my daughter or sister, I wouldn't have the "oh well, crap happens" attitude that others have.

Something else we all know is she would have been tried, not killed, if there was any probable cause to arrest her.

Too much? Not enough?
While her background is not what is portrayed in the liberal media that is not why I feel She is responsible for her death. She chose to hang with drugs, used her residence for criminal acts,

IMO the drug dealer/boyfriend used BT as a shield. Funny that this thug is who she wanted to become his baby momma.

This is the problem with getting your news from bullshit places. This is simply not true. If fact you are blatantly lying about a dead woman.

She wasn't hanging out with drug dealers. An ex boyfriend of hers was being investigated and she had cut ties with him. The boyfriend with her (not her ex) was not suspected of anything.

You saying she deserved to be executed because he ex bf was suspected of dealing drugs is incredibly ignorant. I cannot even begin to understand the logic of executing people based on things their exes are suspected of.

But a person she was closely involved with at her home fired at the police and she was right beside him. I completely understand that it is extremely tragic that she got caught in the crossfire but what do you expect the officers to do in that instance? Stand there and not return fire even after one officer was shot?
I expect the cops will follow protocols and announce they are there and cops.
They didn't do this they did not follow proper procedure and the guy inside the home
defended himself against a group of people with guns walking up to his home.

had the police followed or even validated the warrant before hand all of this could have been avoided.
the warrant was no longer valid as the person they were after was already in jail at the time.

Given the fact that they were not wearing any symbols of being a police enforcement unit.
nor did they announce that they were the police the person in the house saw a group of guys
heavily armed walking up to his house.

Given his neighborhood and where they lived he has a right under the 4th amendment to protect his home.
THe cops were completely wrong in his case.
the guy they were looking for was already in custody.
Per the investigation, they did announce.

You have still not proven the police had no way of knowing who was armed and who was not or where Taylor and Walker were standing. I will not stop asking until I get an answer.

Out of curiosity, assuming you own a firearm, if someone kicks in your door while you are sleeping do you respond with force or how long do you wait? At what point is a person allowed to use self defense in their own home?

You have still not proven the police had no way of knowing who was armed and who was not or where Taylor and Walker were standing. I will not stop asking until I get an answer.
So the police should stand there without returning fire (even after one had been shot) until they are dead? Got it.

The only charge filed was for endangering white people, not killing a black person.

So Biden voters shot two more police officers. Another mostly peaceful night of violent civil war by the mostly peaceful Democrat terrorists.

Democrats are almost as peaceful as ISIS.

There is no reason to call Biden supporters terrorists for shooting two police officers or compare any American citizen rightfully protesting murder to ISIS.

So the police should stand there without returning fire (even after one had been shot) until they are dead? Got it.

No, they should have knocked on the door and waited for the resident to answer so they can resolve the situation peacefully.

Back
Top Bottom