• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Border patrol stopped six immigrants suspected of terrorism in first half of 2018: NBC

Tell me what's preventing terrorist from crossing our border illegally, just like those illegals that cross our southern border everyday that are not caught. Yes that is a question.

DwFiO7BU8AAP960.jpg

What do you see in this picture. Tell me.

What about this? Tell me, what do you see here?

Tell me what's preventing them from doing so. Illegals cross our Southern border everyday that are not caught.

Who said they are prevented from doing so?

You brought up the 9/11 hijackers, who have exactly nothing to do with this discussion.

/yawn, here we go ahead with your false equivalences.

You complained about terrorists and used 9/11 as an example, a wall would not have stopped that. Do you understand that yet?

Obviously he doesn't. At this point I'm not sure he even understands what we're talking about. It seems to be a clear cut case of "Trump wants a wall and so do I. Roar!".

Tell me how a wall prevents a terrorist from coming over? Are you serious that a terrorist, hell-bent on wanting to kill thousands of Americans is going to look at a wall and go "Gee, guess I better go back home, there's a wall". Gimme a break, your ignorant comments are beyond ignorant. Your appeal to emotion and Trump Defense Syndrome (TDS) has blinded you.

Damn we have Clubgitmo that house terrorist with walls, we have prisoners that are serial killers that are housed in by walls. According to you walls don't work so tear them down.

Damn we have Clubgitmo that house terrorist with walls, we have prisoners that are serial killers that are housed in by walls. According to you walls don't work so tear them down.

Nope, you're doing that whole false equivalency thing again. Are you saying there are no guards in GITMO?

Nope, you're doing that whole false equivalency thing again. Are you saying there are no guards in GITMO?

Are you telling me there are no walls at Clubgetmo or at our prisons, or around the Whitehouse, or 90% of all homes in this country.

Please read my post:

"Tell me what's preventing terrorist from crossing our border illegally?"

Yes that is a question.

Tell me what border the 9/11 hijackers illegally crossed.

I'll give you a hint. They didn't. They flew into this country with legal Visas.

Next time don't truncate my post because the second half of it shows how clueless your comments are.

Are you telling me there are no walls at Clubgetmo or at our prisons, or around the Whitehouse, or 90% of all homes in this country.

There are also guards and inmates have no weapons and are monitored 24/7. Again, your false equivalency is meaningless.

View attachment 67247574

What do you see in this picture. Tell me.

What about this? Tell me, what do you see here?

I asked what is preventing illegals from crossing our border? It sure is not those little bitty fences. Do those look like their 30' tall? Yes that is a question.

But hey according to you walls don't work so why are you not yelling to tear those walls down. Then thousand can just walk across without having to use a ladder or drop babies from the top of the wall, make it easy for them to get across by the thousands, like they used to do crossing into San Diego.

I asked what is preventing illegals from crossing our border? It sure is not those little bitty fences. Do those look like their 30' tall? Yes that is a question.

But hey according to you walls don't work so why are you not yelling to tear those walls down. Then thousand can just walk across without having to use a ladder or drop babies from the top of the wall, make it easy for them to get across by the thousands, like they used to do crossing into San Diego.

The same thing that keeps them from getting jobs or using public services once on this side of the border - whatever meager federal law enforcement that congress critters decide to fund.

If you were honest, you would've said, people crossing a wall with a home made ladder. Which can be any size. Including 30 or even 50 feet.

If you were honest, you would've said, people free climbing a wall. Do you think those two kids in the video would've been hampered by a slightly taller wall?

I wouldn't waste further resources tearing down something. I would just let it fall into disrepair, and eventually let them fall down.

Thousands of Canadians can just walk across the border, what's stopping them? Oh right, it's better in Canada than in the US, they would never want to live there.

But, for the sake of argument. You want to stop foot traffic across the border. You put drones in the air, and rapid response stations strategically placed to minimize response times. Manned with choppers, and rapid response vehicles built for the terrain.

Which would be far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, less expensive than a 2600 mile symbolic **** you to brown people suffering from the fallout of our own meddling in their governments and lives.

But hey, you keep thinking a wall is any match for a ladder. Most ladders btws, manufactured in Mexico...

If walls do something, why does a pregnant woman climb it, get down, then immediately give birth on U.S. soil?

Because they are fences not a 30' wall of steel.

Why does a mother who cannot manage still climb and impale herself on the wall?

Because they are fences not a 30' wall of steel.

Why are there tunnels into Israel that bypass the actually-guarded Israeli wall?

Tunnels take months and years to build and they are easy to find.

Why do people cross rivers? ]

Because they can

Why did people invent boats?

Same reason why they invented cars.

There are so many better ways of doing this and nobody in the GOP wants to talk about them.

There are many ways to secure our border and everyone of them are necessary. If walls don't work then tear them down and then you'll see thousand of Illegals crossing our border anywhere they want.

I wonder why. Maybe it as to do with the fact that the continued existence of the illegal immigration problem is a net positive for the GOP,

The continued existence of the illegal immigration problem is a net positive for the GOP. It sure is not seen as a problem for the liberals, you want an open border so anyone can come across at anytime they want.

Explain how that is a 'dog whistle' and what message is being conveyed by it. I am part of his base and I am not hearing voices in my head the way you are. Ever consider the possibility that you are the one hearing things? You should.

Not when these claims come out of the mouths of his administration. That is what makes it so absurd.

There are also guards and inmates have no weapons and are monitored 24/7. Again, your false equivalency is meaningless.

OK so you want all the walls around our prisons taken down. Got it.

Were any of them actually terrorists, and while we're at that question isn't the application of that label getting a bit broad.

Not that I know of
And yes it is overused, recall Trumps manufactured crisis on the caravan with ME Terrorists in the group.

OK so you want all the walls around our prisons taken down. Got it.

Add reading comprehension problems to your comments as well since I said no such thing. I guess lying and false equivalencies are all you have con.

OK...so its not 4000. Is it bothersome to anyone that in 2017 border patrol apprehended 35 people from Turkey at our Southern border? 49 from Vietnam? 48 from Sri Lanka? 433 from Romania? 224 from PAKISTAN? 48 from Somalia? 45 from Kosovo? 2,943...2,943 from INDIA? 49 from Albania? 564 from Bangladesh?

And 1-those are just the people that were actually CAUGHT...who knows how many more successfully gained entry. 2-that doesnt exclude the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS from South Central and North America.

In all...in 2017 the Border patrol caught 310,531 people illegally entering the US from our Northern and Southern borders. Its not beyond the realm of possibility that many of those represent a threat in the form of drug dealers, gang members, and yes...terrorists.

But I suppose none of that is relevant.

BTW...if this had been the previous administration and the headline read "Border Patrol stops 6 suspected terrorists" the administration would have gotten a standing O from me.

Not that I know of
And yes it is overused, recall Trumps manufactured crisis on the caravan with ME Terrorists in the group.
Yes, I do.

But I actually meant even further back, probably even at it's creation.

If you were honest, you would've said, people crossing a wall with a home made ladder. Which can be any size. Including 30 or even 50 feet.

If you were honest, you would've said, people free climbing a wall. Do you think those two kids in the video would've been hampered by a slightly taller wall?

I wouldn't waste further resources tearing down something. I would just let it fall into disrepair, and eventually let them fall down.

Your for an open border, I get that.

Thousands of Canadians can just walk across the border, what's stopping them? Oh right, it's better in Canada than in the US, they would never want to live there.

WOW I didn't know Canada's citizens are hell bent on getting into our country. Are the people of Canada really that bad off?

But, for the sake of argument. You want to stop foot traffic across the border. You put drones in the air,

Drones tell us when they see something so you would need a drone every 50' to cover the border, as soon as a drone passes a thousand illegals just walk across undetected.

and rapid response stations strategically placed to minimize response times.

Remember there is no fence to slow down illegals, thus once you get word illegals are running across our border by some drone their long gone, unless you have a rapid response station every 500'

Manned with choppers, and rapid response vehicles built for the terrain.

Manned with choppers and for them to cover 2,600 miles how many choppers would we need, plus pilots, maintenance stations etc.

Which would be far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, less expensive than a 2600 mile symbolic **** you to brown people suffering from the fallout of our own meddling in their governments and lives.

It may be less expensive but it's not even close to being effective.

But hey, you keep thinking a wall is any match for a ladder. Most ladders btws, manufactured in Mexico...

But hey, to reach 30' you need a ladder at least 40' and I sure would like to see you stand up a 40' ladder and then carry up babies and the young and pregnant woman and lift them over a 30' wall and then what, JUMP. No that would not work, so you have to have some sort of rigging. Doing all this to move a steady flow of illegals is not going to happen. And you would agree if your were honest.

I like your ideas but that alone is not even close to closing our border, you get 200 or 500 or a 1,000 people rushing our border there is no way in hell without a barrier to slow them down your useless. Christ the border patrol is using teargas now to stop a 100 people from crossing with a wall, but not a 30' wall.

I understand from you walls don't work and they are immoral. I would suggest you start by tearing down your own wall around your compound and quit locking your doors, because they don't work and are immoral. Hell we have walls around our prisons that can come down, and all the walls around houses and streets etc. I mean if walls don't work and are immoral then there has to be legislation to prevent any wall from being built.

Add reading comprehension problems to your comments as well since I said no such thing. I guess lying and false equivalencies are all you have con.

OK then which is it? Do walls work or not? This is really a simple question that my dog could answer.

So which it? Do walls work or not? Don't be shy answer the question, it's really not that hard. It's a "yes" or "No" question.

Your for an open border, I get that.

WOW I didn't know Canada's citizens are hell bent on getting into our country. Are the people of Canada really that bad off?

Drones tell us when they see something so you would need a drone every 50' to cover the border, as soon as a drone passes a thousand illegals just walk across undetected.

Remember there is no fence to slow down illegals, thus once you get word illegals are running across our border by some drone their long gone, unless you have a rapid response station every 500'

Manned with choppers and for them to cover 2,600 miles how many choppers would we need, plus pilots, maintenance stations etc.

It may be less expensive but it's not even close to being effective.

But hey, to reach 30' you need a ladder at least 40' and I sure would like to see you stand up a 40' ladder and then carry up babies and the young and pregnant woman and lift them over a 30' wall and then what, JUMP. No that would not work, so you have to have some sort of rigging. Doing all this to move a steady flow of illegals is not going to happen. And you would agree if your were honest.

I like your ideas but that alone is not even close to closing our border, you get 200 or 500 or a 1,000 people rushing our border there is no way in hell without a barrier to slow them down your useless. Christ the border patrol is using teargas now to stop a 100 people from crossing with a wall, but not a 30' wall.

I understand from you walls don't work and they are immoral. I would suggest you start by tearing down your own wall around your compound and quit locking your doors, because they don't work and are immoral. Hell we have walls around our prisons that can come down, and all the walls around houses and streets etc. I mean if walls don't work and are immoral then there has to be legislation to prevent any wall from being built.

Your entire post is just one long ignorant "Nuh uh".

What do you think I'm referring to when I say drones. I'm really curious.

Cause there are more than one type. Ya see, and idiot would think of this drone, when I say drones.
toy-drone2-580x386.jpg

Instead of this...

MQ-9_Reaper-military-drone-810x451.jpg

Those drones, can see for miles and miles, in more than one visual spectrum. Ya know what that means? It means they are effective at night as well.

Now, when I say strategically place points to minimize response time, you should realize that's to address the problem you presented in your rebuttal. A wall of any size, won't take more than a couple minutes to beat with a ladder. Whether it's 1 dude or 10 pregnant women, with proper motivation, human beings are pretty resilient and versatile. To think a wall would thwart one, let alone thousands in the modern world, is just goddamned stupid.

Back
Top Bottom