• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Border patrol stopped six immigrants suspected of terrorism in first half of 2018: NBC

How many did it take to bring down our twin towers?
According to the article, "the other six were not "non-U.S. persons," according to the data." That doesn't mean they were terrorists at all. It's more likely that none of the six were terrorists.

So, this is what we have:

• The president and his staff first made up/exaggerated "that Customs and Border Protection (CBP) stopped nearly 4,000 'known or suspected terrorists' at the U.S.-Mexico border last year." It was a false statement, designed to make people afraid -- a common tactic among authoritarians to bend the masses to their will.
  • CBP really encountered 91 people listed in the terrorism database at the northern border in the first half of 2018, including 41 who were not U.S. citizens or residents.
  • All of those panned out, except for six.
  • Of those six, there is no real proof that they are terrorists.

The six discussed came through a port of entry, presumably showed ID, their names flagged as on the watch list and they were detained or refused entry.

That's only for the ones we know about

This part of the article also seems relevant:

So, roughly 7 times as many non-citizen "terrorists" come through Canada! Where's our Canadian Great Wall of Trump!!!!

And of course all those terrorists 'stopped' by CBP came through a regular point of entry - so a wall doesn't do a thing to stop them. From another article linked from the OP:

It's just lies after lies, cascading one on top of the other.

Excellent catch Jasper.

But it only took how many to take down the twin towers and kill 3,000 of our citizens

None of the hijackers came to this country illegally. None of the hijackers came across our southern border.

You should consider a history course so you don't post things like this in the future.

6, 4000 - same thing.

Well for people like ourselves that are based on reality 6 is correct, for Sarah and those participating in an Alt Reality Game Show, I am the President, hosted by the Carnival Barker, 4000 is what they hear

This part of the article also seems relevant:

So, roughly 7 times as many non-citizen "terrorists" come through Canada! Where's our Canadian Great Wall of Trump!!!!

And of course all those terrorists 'stopped' by CBP came through a regular point of entry - so a wall doesn't do a thing to stop them. From another article linked from the OP:

It's just lies after lies, cascading one on top of the other.

Is that the leap you make?

If so many were caught at the border crossings, how many got through without going through those crossings?

Those were Saudis mostly...They got in easy...Hell they could get in again easily...trump has a special place for Saudis

Mostly, what king of excuse is that? Who are the ones that are not mostly. Yes that is a question. BTW I asked how many terrorist was there to take down the twin towers? Yep that is a question. Yet you want an open border so any terrorist can just walk in and kill all the people they want and then you release them back into society so they can kill again.

Where is the open border????...We'd all like to know.....

There is 2,000 miles of border that illegals cross everyday that are not caught. Thus you don't want a CLOSED but an OPEN border

Yep. Here's a picture of your border with Canada where I live:

0-avenue.png

Canada on the right, USA on the left. You desperately need a Northern border wall! As a Canadian, I'm 100% in favour of that.

Well good, walls are necessary in specific places. Such as your home with a fence around it, and I bet you lock your doors at night. Israel has a fall that is 99.999% effective, our prisons have walls and concrete boxes with iron bars to seal it off. At our southern border in the San Diego area there was no wall and thousands of illegals just ran across and up the freeway. They put up a wall and guess what that trafic was greatly effective and it was a ****ty wall.

The world is full of walls, so I ask are you for taking down every wall in the world.????

According to the article, "the other six were not "non-U.S. persons," according to the data." That doesn't mean they were terrorists at all. It's more likely that none of the six were terrorists.

I stopped reading at that point, I get it the TERRORIST that took down the twin towers were not terrorist at all but people that were overwhelmed with love for our country. Do you know what the word "naive" means

Is that the leap you make?

If so many were caught at the border crossings, how many got through without going through those crossings?

How many 'terrorists' went through regular ports of entry, along the border with Mexico, and our airports and Canada, and didn't get caught?

The alternative you're implying is for the U.S. to militarize its border at all sides, and become at the border and in the interior a police state, to protect us from 'terrorists.'

Bottom line is as long as we're a more or less 'free' country, that welcomes tourists, business people, students, academics and others into our country by the 10s of millions, which we do, terrorists part of any organized plot will very likely and very easily find a way into this country. If we build walls, they can go under, over or around them, perhaps smuggled into the country like drugs in the back of the 10s of thousands of vehicles that cross per day, or come in through Canada, or as students or tourists, or by boat.

Bottom line is being a free country with regular movement of people and goods across our borders means were are necessarily vulnerable to letting bad actors into this country, and nothing short of a totalitarian hellhole patrolled at the border and the interior by a massive police state can really reduce that risk.

https://thehill.com/latino/424221-b...pected-of-terrorism-in-first-half-of-2018-nbc

Ah Sarah, the lies one spins
6, not hordes, Trumps claims as usual were bogus
Cue the Trumpettes, well they found 6, cue the where were most tracked at??? - Airports

Airports you say?

Hey, doesn't this government shutdown cripple airport security? So basically, Trump is crippling the real protections to get fake protections?

Oh boy, it's good his supporters are as dumb as a bag of hammers. Otherwise they'd be really pissed.

None of the hijackers came to this country illegally.

What does that tell you????? Does that mean to you we have a secure border? Does that tell you just how easy it is to get into this country if your a terrorist. Does that tell you that our immigration system is all OK according to you, because they came in legally?

What does that tell you????? Does that mean to you we have a secure border? Does that tell you just how easy it is to get into this country if your a terrorist. Does that tell you that our immigration system is all OK according to you, because they came in legally?

It tells me and everyone with a working brain that a border wall with Mexico wouldn't have stopped them from coming into this country.

Airports you say?

Hey, doesn't this government shutdown cripple airport security? So basically, Trump is crippling the real protections to get fake protections?

Oh boy, it's good his supporters are as dumb as a bag of hammers. Otherwise they'd be really pissed.

Good for them. Scary as hell for the rest of us.

It tells me and everyone with a working brain that a border wall with Mexico wouldn't have stopped them from coming into this country.

So just let them walk across our Southern Border as the illegals are doing everyday and not being caught.

Good one.

It tells us a wall isn't going to do a damn thing to fix any one of those things you mentioned.

Explain how that is a 'dog whistle' and what message is being conveyed by it. I am part of his base and I am not hearing voices in my head the way you are. Ever consider the possibility that you are the one hearing things? You should.

Trump's message "BEWARE OF THE BROWN PEOPLE!!!!!!!"

It tells us a wall isn't going to do a damn thing to fix any one of those things you mentioned.

Lets see, there are illegals crossing our Southern Border every day that are not captured. And you want to tell me that a wall will not help in reducing illegals from crossing our border. Fine them, tear down the damn walls. Start with the wall around your home and stop locking your doors at night. Then tear down all the walls along our Southern Border, no wall, fence etc is allowed. Then move on to all our prisons where walls don't work, and then promote legislation that all walls in this country are illegal and immoral. And if your caught with a wall you will be prosecuted.

Lets see, there are illegals crossing our Southern Border every day that are not captured. And you want to tell me that a wall will not help in reducing illegals from crossing our border. Fine them, tear down the damn walls. Start with the wall around your home and stop locking your doors at night. Then tear down all the walls along our Southern Border, no wall, fence etc is allowed. Then move on to all our prisons where walls don't work, and then promote legislation that all walls in this country are illegal and immoral. And if your caught with a wall you will be prosecuted.

/yawn, here we go ahead with your false equivalences.

You complained about terrorists and used 9/11 as an example, a wall would not have stopped that. Do you understand that yet?

/yawn, here we go ahead with your false equivalences.

You complained about terrorists and used 9/11 as an example, a wall would not have stopped that. Do you understand that yet?

Tell me what's preventing terrorist from crossing our border illegally, just like those illegals that cross our southern border everyday that are not caught. Yes that is a question.

Tell me what's preventing terrorist from crossing our border illegally, just like those illegals that cross our southern border everyday that are not caught. Yes that is a question.

Tell me how a wall prevents a terrorist from coming over? Are you serious that a terrorist, hell-bent on wanting to kill thousands of Americans is going to look at a wall and go "Gee, guess I better go back home, there's a wall". Gimme a break, your ignorant comments are beyond ignorant. Your appeal to emotion and Trump Defense Syndrome (TDS) has blinded you.

Back
Top Bottom