• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Border patrol stopped six immigrants suspected of terrorism in first half of 2018: NBC

Did your dog tell you that?

Who told you to defend Trump no matter what? Unless Huckabee moonlights on debate boards, you aren’t getting paid.

So why always lie/deny/deflect in a pro-Trump direction?

You know we already have hundreds of miles of wall down there right? If walls dont work and are immoral, why arent democrats proposing to tear them down?

Oh look, it’s another one of those constantly-shifting standards of behavior promulgated by “the right” and only applicable to “the left”.

Trump cannot own the shutdown he said he’d own and he cannot have lied despite government records proving he lied because the Democrats are not trying to demand he tear down the wall. In Fletch Universe, the Democrats cannot possibly mean what they say unless they demand the extreme polar opposite of what Trump demands. (Anyone want to do a search to see if Fletch has ever complained about divisiveness?

Why are you even trying to connect these?

Trump lied about terrorists crossing illegally to try to drum up political support. And you're trying to deflect by dishonestly attacking Democrats for failing to meet a standard you conveniently made up for the purpose of them failing it. Who the **** do you still think you're fooling?

And if walls do nothing, why do so many risk their lives crossing a desert where no walls exist?

If walls do something, why does a pregnant woman climb it, get down, then immediately give birth on U.S. soil?

Why does a mother who cannot manage still climb and impale herself on the wall?

Why are there tunnels into Israel that bypass the actually-guarded Israeli wall?

Why do people cross rivers? Why did people invent boats?

There are so many better ways of doing this and nobody in the GOP wants to talk about them.

I wonder why. Maybe it as to do with the fact that the continued existence of the illegal immigration problem is a net positive for the GOP, while solving it – whomever did it – would be a loss.

And you cheer them on.

https://thehill.com/latino/424221-b...pected-of-terrorism-in-first-half-of-2018-nbc

Ah Sarah, the lies one spins
6, not hordes, Trumps claims as usual were bogus
Cue the Trumpettes, well they found 6, cue the where were most tracked at??? - Airports

Neat. I wonder how many billion dollars per suspected terrorist tRump wants to spend.

Meanwhile, nearly every terrorist attack since 9/11 has been from homegrown terrorists. Clearly we should not be focusing on that, because reasons. /s

https://thehill.com/latino/424221-b...pected-of-terrorism-in-first-half-of-2018-nbc

Ah Sarah, the lies one spins
6, not hordes, Trumps claims as usual were bogus
Cue the Trumpettes, well they found 6, cue the where were most tracked at??? - Airports

So catching 6 means that 6 more got into the country successfully. And since that's just a half a year does that mean 12 for the whole year. Letting 12 terrorist in from the southern border every single year sound dangerous to me.

I didn't realize that there were any illegal immigrants seriously suspected of terrorism coming across the Southern Border.

But what's the standard for "suspected" (there's no "seriously" unless they revised the article)?

Either way, it's beside the point because a wall is not going to stop the vast majority of these people - something like 25% of all "illegals" - and most certainly isn't going to stop a literal terrorist.

I doubt any of the 6 were even terrorists of any sort...Probably low level criminals

No doubt, and those terrorist that took down our twin towers killing 3,000 Americans came through an airport checkpoint. Coming across our open border they can just walk in.

So catching 6 means that 6 more got into the country successfully. And since that's just a half a year does that mean 12 for the whole year. Letting 12 terrorist in from the southern border every single year sound dangerous to me.

Proof those 6 were terrorists pls.

Proof those 6 were terrorists pls.

They are called estimate because they are unknown. IF they were known they wouldn't be illegal immigrants.

They are called estimate because they are unknown. IF they were known they wouldn't be illegal immigrants.

We have no idea if they were. Could be criminals.

We have no idea if they were. Could be criminals.

Ya that's the point there could be 6 there could be thousand we don't know

But it only took how many to take down the twin towers and kill 3,000 of our citizens

Those were Saudis mostly...They got in easy...Hell they could get in again easily...trump has a special place for Saudis

No doubt, and those terrorist that took down our twin towers killing 3,000 Americans came through an airport checkpoint. Coming across our open border they can just walk in.

Where is the open border????...We'd all like to know.....

Explain how that is a 'dog whistle' and what message is being conveyed by it. I am part of his base and I am not hearing voices in my head the way you are. Ever consider the possibility that you are the one hearing things? You should.

Come on Fletch. If you want your treat you have to be a good doggie.

The six discussed came through a port of entry, presumably showed ID, their names flagged as on the watch list and they were detained or refused entry.

I doubt any of the 6 were even terrorists of any sort...Probably low level criminals

Probably not even that. They have brown skin...Trump needs some "terrorists" along the Southern border to make his base happy....Bingo!

Yep. Here's a picture of your border with Canada where I live:

0-avenue.png

Canada on the right, USA on the left. You desperately need a Northern border wall! As a Canadian, I'm 100% in favour of that.

0-avenue.png

Canada on the right, USA on the left. You desperately need a Northern border wall! As a Canadian, I'm 100% in favour of that.

Blue State America Loves Canada....I'm getting worried Canadians will want a wall to keep Americans out...The shame of trump stains us all

They were people of interest; on the watch list. Getting on the watch list does not make you terrorist. In fact, at one time, it was remarkably easy to be on that watch list. I was on the list from 2003 to 2005. I had a difficult time getting on airplanes....and I am a WASP professional with no arrests, much less criminal record; and though I was reasonably well traveled, my travelling was most to Western European countries, Japan and Chile. So, if they had stopped me at the Mexican border, I might be #7.

But it only took how many to take down the twin towers and kill 3,000 of our citizens

Yes, and they arrived on airplanes and over stayed their VISA's.

Meanwhile, all terrorists since have arrived via the Internet. We have never had a case of a terrorist or would terrorist plot foiled involving someone crossing the border in Mexico. On the OTH, we have arrested would be terrorists crossing the Canadian border. Why no wall to the north? (answer, they are white people...and most of the migration there is from the US to Canada).

0-avenue.png

Last edited:
Who told you to defend Trump no matter what? Unless Huckabee moonlights on debate boards, you aren’t getting paid.

So why always lie/deny/deflect in a pro-Trump direction?
I didnt defend Trump. I attacked the idiotic "dog whistle" charge that you liberals constantly use.

Trump cannot own the shutdown he said he’d own and he cannot have lied despite government records proving he lied because the Democrats are not trying to demand he tear down the wall. In Fletch Universe, the Democrats cannot possibly mean what they say unless they demand the extreme polar opposite of what Trump demands. (Anyone want to do a search to see if Fletch has ever complained about divisiveness?

Why are you even trying to connect these?
Why? If the wall is immoral, ineffective and not what America is about, then the wall that already exists should be torn down. You guys love tearing down statues that are immoral, why not walls that are immoral? I know, its silly for me to expect consistency from the hate-filled left.

Trump lied about terrorists crossing illegally to try to drum up political support. And you're trying to deflect by dishonestly attacking Democrats for failing to meet a standard you conveniently made up for the purpose of them failing it. Who the **** do you still think you're fooling?
I am not trying to fool anyone. Im just pointing out liberal hypocrisy and idiocy. If that upsets you, thats too bad.

If walls do something, why does a pregnant woman climb it, get down, then immediately give birth on U.S. soil?

Why does a mother who cannot manage still climb and impale herself on the wall?

Why are there tunnels into Israel that bypass the actually-guarded Israeli wall?

Why do people cross rivers? Why did people invent boats?

There are so many better ways of doing this and nobody in the GOP wants to talk about them.

I wonder why. Maybe it as to do with the fact that the continued existence of the illegal immigration problem is a net positive for the GOP, while solving it – whomever did it – would be a loss.

And you cheer them on.
I am not defending the GOP or cheering them on. They are all talk, no action. BUt liberals supported a wall, voted for a wall and funded a wall. Until Trump wanted one. This is about Trump and the hate filled, childish Resistance doing everything they can to stop him and destroy him. Again, if me pointing out this obvious fact upsets you, too bad.

Come on Fletch. If you want your treat you have to be a good doggie.

Thats a stupid thing to say, particularly when its only you guys on the left that hear these supposed 'dog whistles.'

Back
Top Bottom