• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Belief that being gay dictates ones personality [W:185, W:771]

What does this have to do with the OP...there's a separate thread about the parades, and only a small fraction of the population goes to them anyway.

He was spewing baseless cliches in another thread and apparently he can dish it out but cannot take it.

He is here attempting to save face

What does this have to do with the OP...there's a separate thread about the parades, and only a small fraction of the population goes to them anyway.

Guess all the gay threads kinda run together. :D

One ought to reexamine ones own behavior when talking about spewing baseless clichés.

If you don't like parades don't attend.

I don't attend. Why the hell would I?

If I wanted to support gays, the last thing I'd do is make them come off as pathetic and attention-whoring by making a public spectacle of myself.

If I wanted to support gays, the last thing I'd do is make them come off as pathetic and attention-whoring by making a public spectacle of myself.

Goodie for you.

You would punch a gay person for hitting on you. That is pathetically insecure. I wouldn't punch women for hitting on me

Here's the deal, folks.

In your day to day life, if you encounter somebody who is black or female or Latino, you have a pretty good chance of recognizing they are black or female or Latino-- at least for those whose sentience level is something above a slime mold, anyway. As such, you have an opportunity to judge behavior across a wide spectrum of those black people, women or Latinos. With gay people,it's different,though, as there is nothing that SAYS they are gay in terms of expressed phenotypes or anything. For many people, it is only those gay people who are at the more extreme end of the spectrum that stand out as being gay -- the queens and the hard core dykes. As such, many people have a very distorted perception since they aren't able to see the entire spectrum. For the homophobes, that is ALL they see, and all they will continue to see until homosexuality becomes normalized enough within society that people are more upfront about their sexuality. Even then, people will not know if a stranger is gay or not, but at least they might know enough coworkers or casual acquaintances to form a picture that isn't so distorted.

You have little or no knowledge of gay people. I don't know of one that would be caught dead in a fish net shirt and assless chaps.

I know there are leather fetishists but they are about fifty fifty gay and straight.

Are you really so blind to think that its only gay people that do this? I know more swingers that are straight, I know more fetishists that are straight, i know more straight men that wear womens clothing.

Pretty sure he is referring to the gay pride parads... which are really more attention seeking look at me I am gonna shove it in your face than about pride or rights...

You would punch a gay person for hitting on you. That is pathetically insecure. I wouldn't punch women for hitting on me
homophobia.jpg

When did he say that?

I have been hit on by gay guys twice...

Here's the deal, folks.

In your day to day life, if you encounter somebody who is black or female or Latino, you have a pretty good chance of recognizing they are black or female or Latino-- at least for those whose sentience level is something above a slime mold, anyway. As such, you have an opportunity to judge behavior across a wide spectrum of those black people, women or Latinos. With gay people,it's different,though, as there is nothing that SAYS they are gay in terms of expressed phenotypes or anything. For many people, it is only those gay people who are at the more extreme end of the spectrum that stand out as being gay -- the queens and the hard core dykes. As such, many people have a very distorted perception since they aren't able to see the entire spectrum. For the homophobes, that is ALL they see, and all they will continue to see until homosexuality becomes normalized enough within society that people are more upfront about their sexuality. Even then, people will not know if a stranger is gay or not, but at least they might know enough coworkers or casual acquaintances to form a picture that isn't so distorted.

Yeah, this is why it's important for Darren Young types to come out. While i couldn't care less about pro wrestling, the shocked reactions convince me that it helps to disarm those fears and assumptions.

Especially that comment about going to a gay bar of all places and reacting violently loses me. It's not funny in any way. The rants about "attention whoring" are getting old as well, and it's to the point of not being worth trying to reason with him anymore.

Especially that comment about going to a gay bar of all places and reacting violently loses me. It's not funny in any way. The rants about "attention whoring" are getting old as well, and it's to the point of not being worth trying to reason with him anymore.

I don't get why people care so much.

Pretty sure he is referring to the gay pride parads... which are really more attention seeking look at me I am gonna shove it in your face than about pride or rights...

To each their own, if you want to believe its about seeking attention be my guest. Why should I care about his hang ups?

Attention whoring is not something that happens only at gay pride parades.

Plenty of people do it on the internet.

Right here

Thanks... pretty sure that is his sense of humor though.

To each their own, if you want to believe its about seeking attention be my guest. Why should I care about his hang ups?

You shouldn't concern yourself with that and they are, or at least used to be, about attention. I have seen some parades and they were about showing people that they were gay. They were not about equal rights, it was a show and many of the flamers there were out to shove their gayness into the public's face.

Thanks... pretty sure that is his sense of humor though.
He didn't make that clear. So its serious

You shouldn't concern yourself with that and they are, or at least used to be, about attention. I have seen some parades and they were about showing people that they were gay. They were not about equal rights, it was a show and many of the flamers there were out to shove their gayness into the public's face.

I don't care.

You are entitled to make your assumptions. but you can't tell me what people were thinking and expect me to agree with you. I don't know what a flamer is and I don't care for that stereo typing.
If you dint like pride parades don't go

He didn't make that clear. So its serious

I don't care.

You are entitled to make your assumptions. but you can't tell me what people were thinking and expect me to agree with you. I don't know what a flamer is and I don't care for that stereo typing.
If you dint like pride parades don't go

Not making it clear IS the humour. It is called having a dry wit or a dark sense of humour. His humour is just like mine... it is not serious and he thanked me for when I pointed it out to you in the post you just quoted me.

I don't like parades, so I don't go. And flamers? Gay people called themselves that and I called them that. I have had more gay friends and been to gay parties and bars than just about any straight person that I have ever met. You not knowing that flamer is not a negative stereo type is proof that you are naive.

Not making it clear IS the humour. It is called having a dry wit or a dark sense of humour. His humour is just like mine... it is not serious and he thanked me for when I pointed it out to you in the post you just quoted me.

I don't like parades, so I don't go. And flamers? Gay people called themselves that and I called them that. I have had more gay friends and been to gay parties and bars than just about any straight person that I have ever met. You not knowing that flamer is not a negative stereo type is proof that you are naive.

it isn't humor I'm sorry. it isn't funny. I don't really care about you're making excuses for him. I also don't care what you think he was thinking. he said it. he owns it. It isn't dry humor either.

good you don't like parades go or don't go I don't care. I don't care what you think, and what you think people are thinking at the parade is your business. I think you are wrong. whatever you decide to call a flamer is your business. I personally think it makes a statement about what you're thinking.

Last edited:
Might you possibly try.....oh, I don't know......speaking for yourself?

I can't be too far off of your age, and I sure didn't turn out the same way you did.

I was trying to give an honest answer to a question. The question was why an older person had the feelings they did about gays. I never said I felt that way myself so don't try the lib trick of putting words in my mouth I never said, I won't bite.

I agree that it doesn't change anyone's fundamental character but I am genuinely curious why homosexuality seems to be as much of a political position as a sexual preference.

It isn't.

I agree that it doesn't change anyone's fundamental character but I am genuinely curious why homosexuality seems to be as much of a political position as a sexual preference.

It really isn't. My spouses gender hardly even enters my head in my political thoughts. It has been turned into a political issue by politicians. It really peeves me off, why I have to ask for permission from a political body to have my own private marriage that effects nobody but me is beyond me.

I would say people that oppose same sex marriage have forced me to be against them in that regard. I don't knew why somebody elses beliefs have to be forced on me and my family, yet the anti SSM people have barged into my life and made my family into a political side I have to pick.

It isn't.

Well, depends on what he is describing as a "political position". Being that I know some serious fiscal conservatives/ general conservatives who will not vote republican due to the influence of the christian right and their stances on homosexuality.

But can you blame them?

Back
Top Bottom