• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Being Nerdy about Cereal.

I can tell you're jealous because your grandmother didn't have one. I understand.

I've seen people with what looks like a Cocoa Puff growing out of them before. :lol: Cocoa Puffs also look quite similar to deer droppings.

I've seen people with what looks like a Cocoa Puff growing out of them before. :lol: Cocoa Puffs also look quite similar to deer droppings.
Deer droppings are frequently called "Smart Pills". There's an old joke about that.

Okay. A city kid visits a cousin in the country. They're out walking the fields and the city kid sees some deer poop on the ground, and asks, "What are these?" The country kid picks up a handful and says, "These? These are smart pills." The city kid takes one, eats it, and says, "These taste like ****!" The country kid says, "See? You're getting smarter already."

Okay. A city kid visits a cousin in the country. They're out walking the fields and the city kid sees some deer poop on the ground, and asks, "What are these?" The country kid picks up a handful and says, "These? These are smart pills." The city kid takes one, eats it, and says, "These taste like ****!" The country kid says, "See? You're getting smarter already."

Lol! I've never heard that joke before. :lol:

I still like Cocoa Puffs though.

Lol! I've never heard that joke before. :lol:

I still like Cocoa Puffs though.
I do too. Every once in a while I buy a box. My younger son still likes Fruit Loops at 23. I admit to eating them when he's around. Just to make him feel better, of course. I've considered lying to him, and telling him that Warren Buffet eats them too. I don't know that he doesn't.

I do too. Every once in a while I buy a box. My younger son still likes Fruit Loops at 23. I admit to eating them when he's around. Just to make him feel better, of course. I've considered lying to him, and telling him that Warren Buffet eats them too. I don't know that he doesn't.

Aaah, Fruit Loops are delicious too! :tongue4:

Aaah, Fruit Loops are delicious too! :tongue4:
Cereals like this are maybe the only time I don't read the label. I don't care what they use to make that stuff taste the way it does. I also admit that every once in a long while I will buy a Nutty Buddy. The ice cream is crap and all that, but I just like them. Something about the name and the absolute grunginess makes them pretty good in a weird way.

Cereals like this are maybe the only time I don't read the label. I don't care what they use to make that stuff taste the way it does. I also admit that every once in a long while I will buy a Nutty Buddy. The ice cream is crap and all that, but I just like them. Something about the name and the absolute grunginess makes them pretty good in a weird way.

Honestly, I hardly ever eat them, but when I was a kid my mom used to buy those junky cereals for me all the time! I still eat Fruit Loops or Cocoa Puffs once in a great while though.

I really like Honey Nut Cheerios too. You don't even have to add sugar!

Honestly, I hardly ever eat them, but when I was a kid my mom used to buy those junky cereals for me all the time! I still eat Fruit Loops or Cocoa Puffs once in a great while though.

I do Smart Start...

Those Honey Bunches of Oats aren't bad either. :)

You should give it a try. Excellent diversity of flavors and no sugar needed...

Do you ever stand there in the cereal aisle, and you're like "duh . . . " :lol: There are SO many cereals!!!

Normally I eat Great Grains - the date, raisin, nut stuff. I rarely add sugar to anything like that. In fact, since I haven't been baking much lately, I doubt there's any sugar here at all. Maybe some brown sugar. I always have honey, though. It's much, much better for you. There are all kinds of small apiaries around here.

I must be a bit younger than you since Captain Crunch was around when I was a kid and I remember the launch of Peanut Butter Crunch. Also, cereals used to have Sugar in the title. Like Super Sugar Crisp, Sugar Frosted Flakes and Sugar Smacks. LOL

All kids cereals also came with toys! I remember rooting through the box to find the prize. Some cereals had "records" imprinted on the box too. I think I got a copy of "Sugar Sugar" on one, once.

Green Stamps were awesome. I think there were also Blue Chip stamps. Going to the exchange store was totally magical. Stuff for collecting books of those stamps. LOL

Getting old brings on CRS, Frosted FLackes and Sugar Crisps, now that you mentioned them, yeah I remember them. But not too many more. I don't think I am that much older than you if you remember green stamps. I say that in a very nice way. There was another cereal I think advertised on Howdy Doody or Captain Kangaroo, Walpo or something like that. It wasn't available where I lived. How many remember Jack Benny, Groucho Marx You bet your life, Burns and Allen. When TV was live, The Honeymooners.

Before they tape the show, when actors had to actually act live and if they made a mistake, they were usually good enough to be able to cover it up with some adliv something. I even remember radio westerns.

All good memories

Yes I buy a a few boxes of Count Chocula and Frankenberry every year when they come out. I will get BooBerry every few years and then remember why I don't like it. My chain grocery usually doesn't carry them, but there is an IGA grocery near me that always gets them. I have never heard of the first two on your list though.

Getting old brings on CRS, Frosted FLackes and Sugar Crisps, now that you mentioned them, yeah I remember them. But not too many more. I don't think I am that much older than you if you remember green stamps. I say that in a very nice way. There was another cereal I think advertised on Howdy Doody or Captain Kangaroo, Walpo or something like that. It wasn't available where I lived. How many remember Jack Benny, Groucho Marx You bet your life, Burns and Allen. When TV was live, The Honeymooners.

Before they tape the show, when actors had to actually act live and if they made a mistake, they were usually good enough to be able to cover it up with some adliv something. I even remember radio westerns.

All good memories
Maypo? I think that was it. Maple flavored oatmeal.

I always buy several boxes of Count Chocula, Frankenberry and Boo Berry when I find them. For my kids, of course. And if (when) they don't eat them, I (happily) eat them because I don't want them to go to waste.

I always buy several boxes of Count Chocula, Frankenberry and Boo Berry when I find them. For my kids, of course. And if (when) they don't eat them, I (happily) eat them because I don't want them to go to waste.

It's all for the children! :lol:

Count Chocula was my favorite cereal when I was a kid. :)

My favorite as a kid, and still into my adult years, was Cocoa Puffs, just as a fun occasional treat. When my boys were young, I'd have to hide my box of cereal out of their reach so that I could get a couple of servings from it. :lol:

My favorite as a kid, and still into my adult years, was Cocoa Puffs, just as a fun occasional treat. When my boys were young, I'd have to hide my box of cereal out of their reach so that I could get a couple of servings from it. :lol:

Yes, deer droppings, mmm-mmm good! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom