• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck: Obama won't meet with Hayward because "he's a white CEO"

There is nothing dishonest about what Beck did. I'll ask you the same question. How does adding that part onto the sentence change the fact that Obama is using racial devision between rich and poor?

Or are you under the impression that all exceutives are white? LOL

It changes it a lot. It makes it sound if his criticism is only directed in one direstion, and allows him to extrapulate from there. It's dishonest.

Wrong. It doesn't change his racial devision at all. It simply adds another.

Really? Which 'devision' would that be? That there are white CEOs and there are inner city kids? That sounds like a fact to me.

It is NOT out of context. Stop lying. Nothing added to that statement changes the fact obama associated rich with white and poor with non white.
Oh please, I'm lying because I disagree with you?
Perhaps you would explain why Beck didn't air the second half of Mr. Obama's sentence:

... or you are a inner-city child who doesn't want to take responsibility for keeping your street safe and clean, both of those groups have to take some responsibility if we're going to get beyond the kinds of divisions that we face right now.

Oh please, I'm lying because I disagree with you?
Perhaps you would explain why Beck didn't air the second half of Mr. Obama's sentence:

Got a credible link to the text of Obama's speech? Thanks!

I just watched the goddamn show on dvr an hour ago. That was a joke, he was making a greater and different point. Shame on mediamatters for lying.

I went to the link in the OP and what I saw was a video of Glenn Beck, making an ass of himself yet again.

Hoo boy, those lying bastards at Media Matters, how dare they let Glenn's own words speak for themselves? :lol:

Read carefully. I said he used race to devide rich and poor. Its perpectuating a lie based on generaliities. Not all rich people are white and not all poor people are black. Its race baiting and Beck was right to point it out.

You read carefully rich white and poor black is a common american conception, are you going to deny this?

Well, even with the entire sentence there, all it did was point out even more racist statements. What Beck showed Bobo saying was enough. Bobo continues to use race to get what he wants.

He's a horrible excuse for a president and I'm starting to think a horrible excuse for a human being. Imagine the outrage had BUSH said what Bobo said! OMG!! :doh

Well, even with the entire sentence there, all it did was point out even more racist statements. What Beck showed Bobo saying was enough. Bobo continues to use race to get what he wants.

He's a horrible excuse for a president and I'm starting to think a horrible excuse for a human being. Imagine the outrage had BUSH said what Bobo said! OMG!! :doh

That is not what was being said. You are misrepresenting the quotes almost as badly as Beck.

"Bobo?"

Namecalling is a method used by those who know they've been beat. And we all know you've been beat, hun.

:lamo

I heard it on another forum and thought it was funny. It's a nickname. Duh. Go **** away and stop following me.

You're a weirdo. I'm going to report you as a stalker if you don't back off. I've been on forums for a decade and a half and never had anyone follow me around and comment on everything like you do. You call me names, you personally attack me and now you're following me around the forum.

Get a life.

Last edited:
And I was not referring to calling the president a name, I was referring to calling a FORUM MEMBER A NAME. God, get a life lady. Talk about twisting words. God for bid.

Im trying to figure out why he needed to point out WHITE ceo.....

If I point out BLACK Crack Using Welfare Recipients... I am a racist......

That's your opinion and I couldn't care less what you opinion of Obama is. If the second half of the sentence puts Obama in worse light, why did Glenn Beck omit it in his presentation?

You might give an example of how Obama uses "race to get what he wants."

I heard it on another forum and thought it was funny. It's a nickname.

No, it's an insult and derogatory. Pretending it's anything else is completely disingenuous on your part.

It's an insult to who? You? It's not about you, believe it or not the world is not about you.

Moderator's Warning:
Let's get back on topic.

I was flipping through the channels the other day and I seen this episode of Glen Beck. Some people in my family are right-wing reactionaries, and even they though Beck went a little too far with what he said. The way I see it, BP is responsible for the death of 11 people and many animals.

I think I'm about to rethink my position on the death penalty...

No it's not, the video in the OP is from their blog County Fair which quite often has just video - but here is the complete writeup:

Beck distorts Obama's comments to accuse him of "racism" | Media Matters for America

And what a wonderful point you'd have there, IF there was any potential to advance a valid argument that Beck distorted anything.

Of course Media Matters, as they must given the unsound foundation of the Ideology on the whole, exists to advance fallacious assertions; typically straw arguments... but they take anything they can come up with.

I was flipping through the channels the other day and I seen this episode of Glen Beck. Some people in my family are right-wing reactionaries, and even they though Beck went a little too far with what he said. The way I see it, BP is responsible for the death of 11 people and many animals.

I think I'm about to rethink my position on the death penalty...

Ya see that episode, did you? Well... OK.

Now do the "Right-wing reactionaries" in your family balance out your Left-wing reactions?

BP is responsible, of that there is no question. Beck doesn't question BP being responsible. I've not heard ANYONE challenge that obvious, incontrovertible fact.

What Beck and the other Americans challenge, is the usurpation of BP's right to bear their responsibilities without the usurpation of their means to exercise that right. Now where BP fails to bear their responsibility, it falls to the Judiciary and the right of those who were damaged by BP's actions to seek remedy, to secure that remedy.

Now you've alluded to responsibility... and I'd like to know your feelings on the responsibility that your ideology holds in freezing out the shallow water exploration, which has driven exploration TO THE DEEP WATER DRILLING which resulted in this CATASTROPHE.

You see, THOSE individuals are functioning as GOVERNMENT... What recourse do the people of the Gulf who have been harmed by THESE ACTIONS have to secure remedy and be made whole BY THOSE PEOPLE?

BP bought the lease, they drilled the well and they failed to secure that well... but they didn't get there in a vacuum.

What we're seeing in your argument, friend; is the Left's usual disregard for their OWN responsibility, in those rare moments where they are found speaking to the concept, poiting to that which should be born by another. It's a classic micro-example of the fatal flaw inherent in the Left's ideological equation.

Obama does seem to have a prejudice about white people. His "typical white person" comment about his grandmother having racism "bred into her". And the one that's being talked about here where Obama was giving a hypothetical situation and said, "And I really want to emphasize the word responsibility. I think whether you are a white executive living out in the suburbs who doesn't want to pay taxes to inner city children..."

Why does he make this comment? Does he know white executives that don't want to pay taxes to inner city children? Is this the norm? Or is he just generalizing and showing his prejudice again?

mellie, do you NOT know that MANY, MANY older white people grew up with racist parents, as did many middle aged people? obama's comment about his grandmother was way overblown.

here is the text of obama's comment, COMPLETE. does he hate little black kids too?

In an August 1995 interview with Bill Thompson, who interviews authors for his online series Eye on Books, Obama discussed what he had learned in writing Dreams from my Father, his 1995 memoir, and he also addressed issues of race in America. When Obama was asked whether the next generation will also have to deal with the same racial issues, he replied that it "depends on what we do and whether we take some mutual responsibility for bridging the divisions that exist right now." Obama continued: "And I really want to emphasize the word 'responsibility.' I think that whether you are a white executive living out in the suburbs who doesn't want to pay taxes to inner-city children to -- for them to go to school or you're an inner-city child who doesn't want to take responsibility for keeping your street safe and clean, both of those groups have to take some responsibility if we're going to get beyond the kinds of divisions that we face right now"

Obama in Racially Charged 1995 Interview

Back
Top Bottom