• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck: Obama won't meet with Hayward because "he's a white CEO"

I don't understand why so many people are still listening to Glen Beck. They might as well as listen to Fidel Castro's speech

Well, I don't know if it really counts as a joke when it was predicated by a clip of Obama from 1995 talking about "white executives". He was pushing a narrative. Now if he just said that randomly, I would more inclined to not think anything of it really because it would come off as a joke. He has implied (not so subtly) that Obama is a racist before, and this is just another example.

What you're saying that Obama is a racist by what he said 15 years ago, without taking into consideration that he could have changed since than. This could mean one of two motives, you're a racist yourself because you chose to bring it up (takes one to know one), or you really believe what a person says is cast in stone. Tell me, do you feel the same way today that you felt 15 years ago?

ricksfolly

What you're saying that Obama is a racist by what he said 15 years ago, without taking into consideration that he could have changed since than. This could mean one of two motives, you're a racist yourself because you chose to bring it up (takes one to know one), or you really believe what a person says is cast in stone. Tell me, do you feel the same way today that you felt 15 years ago?

ricksfolly

Great point, please list the evidence which you'd like to offer towards establishing that King Hussein has changed from his previous record as a black racist...

And what a wonderful point you'd have there, IF there was any potential to advance a valid argument that Beck distorted anything.

Of course Media Matters, as they must given the unsound foundation of the Ideology on the whole, exists to advance fallacious assertions; typically straw arguments... but they take anything they can come up with.
Clearly when he removes verbage from what Obama said that would ameliorate the meaning of what he actually said is a distortion.

The fact that Beck or you think Obama is a racist means nothing to me, I couldn't care less. However, I take exeption when he takes out verbage to do prove his point. I think you would feel the same way if this were done about someone you hold in high regard.

Not sure I would consider Obama racist based on that comment, but if any republican leader said something similar with the words 'black CEO' then he would be rail-roaded by CNN and liberals. I don't see how the rest of the quote where Obama continues to discuss the inner-city child's responsibility changes the fact that he singled out WHITE CEO's. Is he trying to say black CEO's are more willing to help inner city children? Thinking about it more while I don't see much hate in his words, they do have a racist edge for me because he implies that white CEO's are the bad guys which I think is ungrounded.

Now, it IS a 15 year old quote and I don't much care for Obama anyway so this doesn't really change any views for me.

Man Beck is starting to turn into another Chris Mathews.

Back
Top Bottom