• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Atheist Asks A Christian, Kent Hovind Where Did God Come From??

I think the correct answer is "I dont know". The core of religious belief is faith.
That's a perfectly reasonable answer as long as it is your answer to any question about God. The problem is that Kent Hovind and his ilk claim to know lots of things about God and only fall back on the "God is beyond our understanding" response when they don't have anything else to offer.

Where did all the matter in the ever expanding universe, condensed into the size of an atom come from that formed all the galaxies come from? Where did the energy source originate from that stimulated the big bang come from?
That has literally nothing to do with claims for the existence of God. It's just a distraction.

LOL, most hilarious video I have seen in ages. Talking about gobbledygook. I could have made a more convincing argument for the existence of God and yet.................. my more convincing argument would still be gobbledygook.
Lets hear it.

I think the correct answer is "I dont know". The core of religious belief is faith. I can answer pretty much every question in life in God....but cant explain "where did God come from?" If the question is designed to debunk faith...ok...but then

Where did all the matter in the ever expanding universe, condensed into the size of an atom come from that formed all the galaxies come from? Where did the energy source originate from that stimulated the big bang come from?

The answer is the same...no one knows.

Faith is faith.
True, we really don't know for sure...all we have is God's Word telling us God has no beginning and no end...for humans, that's a difficult concept to wrap our minds around...in the end it comes down to faith...faith that He is there and faith that He will do all He promises to do...faith is built up over time, it doesn't occur overnight...

all we have is God's Word
No.
We do not.

We have a bunch of books, written by men (mostly anonymous), telling us stories.

And the book you follow is a totally bastardized version of the original stories.

There is no “god’s word”.
Pure and simple.

God has never written a single word.
Not even Jesus wrote a single word.

Not one word.

Everything you believe comes solely from fallible, superstitious, and imperfect men.

Humans created every god. Most societies created their own gods to explian what they didn't understand and for a feeling of safety. None of them actually exist.

No.
We do not.

We have a bunch of books, written by men (mostly anonymous), telling us stories.

And the book you follow is a totally bastardized version of the original stories.

There is no “god’s word”.
Pure and simple.

God has never written a single word.
Not even Jesus wrote a single word.

Not one word.

Everything you believe comes solely from fallible, superstitious, and imperfect men.
6eb3f1c50714355ca62b384e879300a9.jpg

The existence of God lives in a man's (or woman's) mind, so for THEM, He is real.
That's also the definition of a delusion.

A delusion is a strongly-held or fixed false belief that conflicts with reality. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition (DSM-5) defines delusions as fixed beliefs that are not amenable to change in light of conflicting evidence.

Delusions are a common symptom of psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and schizoaffective disorder. They can also be present in other psychiatric disorders, including major depressive disorder with psychotic features and mania in bipolar disorder.

Karl Jaspers was the first to define delusions based on the criteria of certainty, incorrigibility, and impossibility or falsity of the belief. Phillip Johnson-Laird defined delusions as failure to distinguish conceptual relevance, meaning irrelevant information is accepted as relevant. The definition of “delusions” continues to evolve.

Well, I have visions of beautiful young ladies dancing in my head even at my old age, so I DO UNDERSTAND when religious folks have fantasies that make them feel good.

Well, I have visions of beautiful young ladies dancing in my head even at my old age, so I DO UNDERSTAND when religious folks have fantasies that make them feel good.
TMI, but OK. You re not praying to them or believe that they created the universe? Right?

He is controversial, yes but I think in this instance he makes sense...
I don't click on nutjob youtube videos. Why don't YOU summarize what you "think in this instance... makes sense"?

Sort of like a man believing he is a woman.

That's a perfectly reasonable answer as long as it is your answer to any question about God. The problem is that Kent Hovind and his ilk claim to know lots of things about God and only fall back on the "God is beyond our understanding" response when they don't have anything else to offer.

That has literally nothing to do with claims for the existence of God. It's just a distraction.
Not at all a distraction...its an offering of equal burden of proof.

Lets be honest...people only ask the :where did God come from?" question in order to mock and ridicule those of faith. When the shoe is on the other foot...those same people become very uncomfortable.

I dont argue to convince people of God or His existence. I'll answer questions...people can choose. Most have already made their choice.

As opposed to 'mindless forces' did it. Minus a plan, intent or an engineering degree.
Astrophysics is not traditionally covered in depth in most engineering programs. "God did it" isn't a rational answer.

Then no doubt he is a hero among atheists.
Hovid is a fundamentalist religious nutjob. I'm an atheist.

Kent E. Hovind is an American Christian fundamentalist evangelist and tax protester. He is a controversial figure in the Young Earth creationist movement whose ministry focuses on denial of scientific theories in the fields of biology, geophysics, and cosmology in favor of a literalist interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative found in the Bible

Wiki, Hovid.

Last edited:
Got something you cant readily explain?

"god" did it!!

View attachment 67450011
I was indoctrinated in the catholic religion for years, even went to catholic school. I think I've heard every version of god did it known to man? It's blind faith, god works in mysterious ways, it's a miracle and on and on.

True, we really don't know for sure...all we have is God's Word telling us God has no beginning and no end...for humans, that's a difficult concept to wrap our minds around...in the end it comes down to faith...faith that He is there and faith that He will do all He promises to do...faith is built up over time, it doesn't occur overnight...
You don’t actually have God’s word, you have the word of some human dudes who claimed to know God’s word, wrote it down, and sold it for a reasonable profit.

The good news is that you no longer need to rely on those charlatans, for I am here and I too know God’s word. Through me, God speaks Truth. Through me, you can become closer to God.

If anyone has questions about God and God’s will, I can do an “ask me anything” and together we can get to the bottom who God is, what he/she/they/it wants, and what you all should believe.

Very hard to control people with “I don’t know”.
Very hard to fearmonger with “I don’t know”.
Very hard to convince people to hand over money with “I don’t know”.
Very hard to gain power with “I don’t know”.
Very hard to write/change laws with “I don’t know”.
Very hard to judge/condemn people with “I don’t know”.

Faith is fine, until it’s forced onto, or towards others.

On the contrary, millions of people have proven how easy it really is because they have opened their pocketbooks, sometimes handing over their entire life savings, to people who preach such vile twat***kery.
Ask yourself what kind of mental defective looks at a guy like this and thinks
This man has an eternal connection to my salvation! ♥️♥️♥️

giphy.gif

Proof that the majority of human beings are absolute utter morons.

The stuff we tell ourselves in order to believe in this invisible all powerful entity is hilarious.
If you want to find God, look within yourself.

"He"?

LOL. Why would a "god" have a sexual identity? Help me out here.
The supreme being is neither male nor female in form but rather formless energy. The psychological head of God (Jesus) is male in character but considers all humans as equals in every way that's important.

Back
Top Bottom